• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Tikao

Smash Ace
Tierlists (at least the smash ones) are supposted to represent the strenght of every character at the (currently) highest level of play
So a Tierlists everybody can vote on is not realy usefull, since some people there might be on a lower level and therefore vote on their low level experience.
And on a second note, there need to be results of important tournaments to back up a tierlist, we simply need more results before we can create a good tierlist
After Apex, a smash 4 backroom will probadly be formed and they will probadly start to discuss and create a first tierlist

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
When are back rooms usually created. I guess a month or 2 into the games release is not enough. Which makes sense. I think it may be created in about 2 or 3 months from now.
I keep hearing that the first 'reliable' tier lists released are 5 or 6 months after initial release. But I imagine the back room would be created a month or two before.

And I shall root for any Nesses at Apex if they are good people. Most people on this site are in my experience though, so hopefully I'll be rooting for them all!

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I keep hearing that the first 'reliable' tier lists released are 5 or 6 months after initial release. But I imagine the back room would be created a month or two before.

And I shall root for any Nesses at Apex if they are good people. Most people on this site are in my experience though, so hopefully I'll be rooting for them all!
I'm gonna root on my fellow ness players as well :)

Meccs

@Meccs_
So, the question that is integral to Ness' further development: Why is the Master Belch alt so popular?
I feel like every time I watch Nesses in tourney matches on YouTube or wherever, they're using the Master Belch alt. Now, this is actually my Ness' color as well, but I'm just surprised by the amount of use it seems to get. I had every intention of using the green alt going in to 3DS, but after like two or three matches, I decided to try the Master Belch alt and I haven't looked back.
I have no idea why I like it so much... I was just drawn to it I guess and I can't explain it. HELP.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So, the question that is integral to Ness' further development: Why is the Master Belch alt so popular?
I feel like every time I watch Nesses in tourney matches on YouTube or wherever, they're using the Master Belch alt. Now, this is actually my Ness' color as well, but I'm just surprised by the amount of use it seems to get. I had every intention of using the green alt going in to 3DS, but after like two or three matches, I decided to try the Master Belch alt and I haven't looked back.
I have no idea why I like it so much... I was just drawn to it I guess and I can't explain it. HELP.
I have no idea. I generally go for default (except for TL dark green/brown), and my guess is as good as yours.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Maybe it's because the master belch alt is very colorful and awesome. I personally use the Saturn shirt (gangster ness/ punk ness) and the blue checkerboard shirt with the purple hat. It's prettyful. :)

ilysm

sleepy
Coming for a blue-hatter for life, no idea why the Belch outfit is so popular. I was actually almost disappointed when I saw it, but it's been growing on me. Nowhere near enough for me to wear it consistently, though. *shrug*

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My Wii U Gamepad was stolen while I was in China...now I can't play EarthBound or any Wii U games. >_>

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Aww that sucks. Also what do you when you don't have a gamepad? Do you buy a separate one and sync it to your wii u? Also why would someone steal just the gamepad?
I have to buy a replacement for $100 and sync it. It doesn't feel the same to buy a replacement one in place of the one that came with my Wii U...that and it hurts my wallet. I might have to not buy the GC adapter when I get Smash...

Maybe they thought the gamepad was the console itself...or they thought it was a device like the iPad.

Tikao

Smash Ace
The blue-hat one is still the best, select screen means Ness isn't Ness yet (he isn't named yet) and the master belch one is too dangerous, your opponent might have some fly honey

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Default for meeeeeee.

I've heard there may be an effort to create a BR + a tier list after Apex. Which would be a real shame seeing as Apex has customs off mostly. *sad*

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The master belch alt is the blue one with Belch's eyes I think as patterns? It's one of the two new costumes, the other one being Ness' select screen alt. ^_^

Original for me!

Tikao

Smash Ace
i still want a ninten alt. :C
Always used Ninten texture hacks for brawl

i don't even know why, mother 1 is the only game of the series i haven't played myself, yet i need ninten
i mean ... just look at my profile picture ... we neeeeed this (right after getting lucas back)

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
i still want a ninten alt. :C
Always used Ninten texture hacks for brawl

i don't even know why, mother 1 is the only game of the series i haven't played myself, yet i need ninten
i mean ... just look at my profile picture ... we neeeeed this (right after getting lucas back)
If we do not get Lucas DLC, then I shall hope for Ninten DLC. Even started up a support thread for him.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Default for meeeeeee.

I've heard there may be an effort to create a BR + a tier list after Apex. Which would be a real shame seeing as Apex has customs off mostly. *sad*
I wonder how much time it would take to compile a tier list based on custom moves it would probably take forever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alts? I use default, Saturn and File Select screen.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
White and red thanks to how basic it is but I'm starting to like Mr Saturn thanks to style

Happy New Year fellow Ness's!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I used Blue/Purple stripes in Brawl but I've switched to the White and Red raglan style alt because I don't see it used commonly (ie the last 3).

I accidentally played 2 tourney matches on stream with bumblebee Ness, for shame.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
people on FG still messing with Flash.

i was charging a flash as a sheik grabbed the ledge. in her haste to punish me, she whiffed a ledge attack and got hit by the full thing.

and again the same sheik tried to grab me after being caught by PKF. as she ran up to me, the Flash I was charging i detonated, she lost a stock at 50.

and after I uthrowed a Fox, he ignored my flash, presumably because he didn't think i would release it until it was fully charged. hit him as he was falling down, a bit more than halfway charged and sent him flying past the upper blast zone at 80.

anyone else have really funny flash KOs?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I pretty much only use default Ness and young/Magicant Ness. I rarely use Mr. Saturn and never use the others.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
How do you guys think 2015 will go for Ness? Do you think some amazing new tech will be found? will he still be considered high tier? Could we find a way to stump Diddy?

Its hard to see ahead but I think Ness still has some untapped potential and i'd like to see it unleashed this year in the form of some simple over looked tech that gets discovered

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
anyone else have really funny flash KOs?
I've KO'd people off the edge just by throwing flash out there and not even hitting with it. They just get so terrified that they flubb their recovery move or air dodge too much and die. Does that count?

I personally use Master Belch Ness about half the time just because it's red and blue, my favorite colors. Also because Mother references.
The other times I use red/white Ness AKA Fuel Ness because it looks like a real T-ball outfit, and more Mother references.

Also Happy New Years all!

Earthbound22

Smash Rookie
NNID
NicWiiU
Where's my pajama ness alt. Who else wants Paula DLC really bad?
Happy New Year!!!

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Where's my pajama ness alt. Who else wants Paula DLC really bad?
Happy New Year!!!
I would've created a support Paula for DLC thread if I didn't create one for Ninten. That said, she would be my third most wanted Earthbound/Mother character in Smash after Lucas and Ninten.

ilysm

sleepy
Check out Project M. Not one, not two, but THREE pajama alts!

So he can wear jammies in teams! I mean, alts regardless, if you have a Wii or Wii U and an SD card you should definitely check Project M Ness out. His movement is sweet. But as far as Smash U goes, I digress.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Check out Project M. Not one, not two, but THREE pajama alts!

So he can wear jammies in teams! I mean, alts regardless, if you have a Wii or Wii U and an SD card you should definitely check Project M Ness out. His movement is sweet. But as far as Smash U goes, I digress.
I love it :) especially the one in the middle.

Top Bottom