• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I use DHD and Bowser Jr as secondaries, and vaguely I enjoy playing Marth and my Mii. Ness is the only character i'm willing to use in tournament thus far; though I may end up incorporating DHD and Jr into that, not sure just yet. :3

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hey guys just wondering even though we all main Ness/Lucas are there any other characters that are your secondary main?
My signature. TL and Kirby are equal status with Ness, and my secondaries are Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Lucario, and Pikachu.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I use link and sometimes tink. Rarely I'll use villager in dubs.

Oh and best way to get free mew2 dlc is buy the other game, take a pic of the club Nintendo code, return the game and redeem the code when you get back. I did that for 3ds. Saved me 60 bucks.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
My signature. TL and Kirby are equal status with Ness, and my secondaries are Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Lucario, and Pikachu.
My secondary is Luigi I just love how slippery he is. He's one of the best characters to do running up smashes with. Then after him I use ROB sometimes but not that much.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Oh and best way to get free mew2 dlc is buy the other game, take a pic of the club Nintendo code, return the game and redeem the code when you get back. I did that for 3ds. Saved me 60 bucks.
Ahh i'm not worried about that. I have both versions, it's handy because the scene around here is going to want me to import custom sets across versions so yeah :p

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Well actually there has been a leak that features Mewtwo, wolf and Lucas as dlc. This is from the same guy that leaked duck hunt dog.
http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google#/watch?v=13G-jsYYayE
I think it is real considering it is from the same guy that leaked another character. Also this video was made before mewtwo was announced for smash 4 as dlc.
these things always end up fake but i hope nintendo returns lucas at least in next 4 years

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I haven't incorportated luigi into tournaments yet but I want to. He is a character that many people don't see coming so I will have a slight advantage when it comes to match up data. Also I probably wouldn't use him against quick characters like sonic or sheik. But more on medium weights with a middle running speed.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
these things always end up fake but i hope nintendo returns lucas at least in next 4 years
The only reason I believe this is that this is from the same guy that leaked duck hunt and ness early which ended up to be true because people confirmed he worked at Nintendo. But it could be fake I just really want it to be real.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Also that leak would be great if it wasn't for the fact that all 3 of them use their trophy portrait and we have a pretty solid idea that mewtwo's portrait may well be this one:

So that kinda worries me. :/

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Also that leak would be great if it wasn't for the fact that all 3 of them use their trophy portrait and we have a pretty solid idea that mewtwo's portrait may well be this one:

Does Lucas have a trophy in smash 4 for the wii u or not

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I haven't incorportated luigi into tournaments yet but I want to. He is a character that many people don't see coming so I will have a slight advantage when it comes to match up data. Also I probably wouldn't use him against quick characters like sonic or sheik. But more on medium weights with a middle running speed.
I only went up against pretty much one really good Luigi on FG. Very close, but I read his roll and b-throwed him for a KO. He was the only one who managed to come close to beating my Ness that day.

I hope lucas gets fresh revamped specials. Like lifeup. And fix his Bair.
I like the spike, but I can't seem to pull it off consistently.

He does. I would find a picture, except that somebody else would reply before me.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Not sure if his is in the wii U; but I know it's in 3DS haha. :)

Ahh actually yeah I think I have his because I think it's in my trophy collection. :o

Also Lucas' spike was at the very tip of his foot. ;)

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Not sure if his is in the wii U; but I know it's in 3DS haha. :)

Ahh actually yeah I think I have his because I think it's in my trophy collection. :o

Also Lucas' spike was at the very tip of his foot. ;)
It kind of sucks that there is only one trophy box for the mother series. I felt like there could have been 3 boxes for all 3 of the games but that's just me.
Also I didn't know Lucas' spike was at the tip of his foot. :|

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Well I wouldn't say he is top tier I have seen on eventhubs where he is 11 which is good but not top tier.
Also a lot of people don't use him so I don't what his tournament results are.
Look up Shockwave tournaments. A Ness player named Awestin competes in some of those and he's really good.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well I wouldn't say he is top tier I have seen on eventhubs where he is 11 which is good but not top tier.
Oh you don't have to worry he's pretty top tier, eventhubs is in denial <3

Nah but seriously, NAKAT is continuing to do work with Ness in the top-levels of play region, and everywhere else Ness is doing incredibly well. I'm not even sure whether Shaky's entered the scene yet; but Draconoa is currently getting results in his area and other Ness mains are doing well in 'murica, also my region is pretty much land of the Ness mains right now. :p

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
lol come on that is not a true tier list and noone should take it srsly

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

Nah but seriously, NAKAT is continuing to do work with Ness in the top-levels of play region, and everywhere else Ness is doing incredibly well. I'm not even sure whether Shaky's entered the scene yet; but Draconoa is currently getting results in his area and other Ness mains are doing well in 'murica, also my region is pretty much land of the Ness mains right now. :p
I have heard about NAKAT and Awestin and watched their videos they are really good and I am glad to see other ness Mainers like myself excel in tournament play.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
I use DHD and Bowser Jr as secondaries, and vaguely I enjoy playing Marth and my Mii. Ness is the only character i'm willing to use in tournament thus far; though I may end up incorporating DHD and Jr into that, not sure just yet. :3
Excluding the DHD parts, this is LITERALLY how it is for me ... wow

Ness as a main, Bowser Jr as a second, enjoy playing Marth and (Brawler) Mii
Ness is the only one i use in tournaments, but might use Jr in swome of them in the future

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I have heard about NAKAT and Awestin and watched their videos they are really good and I am glad to see other ness Mainers like myself excel in tournament play.
I would actually go to tournaments if I could find any near me and online tournaments if they were at a good time.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I would actually go to tournaments if I could find any near me and online tournaments if they were at a good time.
Thankfully I'm in NYC so I have already found a good weekly tourney there. Also a lot of tourneys are in NJ so I would probably go there when my competitive career excels. For example Apex and Xandu are in NJ.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

How much is the mewtwo dlc gonna cost anyway? I think 5-10 dollars

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

That's good to hear. But I hope Ness doesn't end up being the new diddy kong or something like that. I want him to be used but not by everyone

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
How much is the mewtwo dlc gonna cost anyway? I think 5-10 dollars
Just one character? I imagine not even $5. $10 would seem really overpriced for only one character too.

That's good to hear. But I hope Ness doesn't end up being the new diddy kong or something like that. I want him to be used but not by everyone
Agreed. Though I doubt anyone in this game would be as bad as Brawl Meta Knight.

ilysm

sleepy
@ Luco Luco I must be getting it mixed up, then. He goes super far in PM. Apologies.

As gar as other mains go, I don't have many I can use as comfortably as I can Ness. I'd like to get better with Villager, but currently I'm garbage. Other points of interest include Lucina, Olimar, and Zelda. It's gotten to the point where Ness is pretty much my bread and butter and I don't think I'll ever be as good with another char as I am with him.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
@ Luco Luco I must be getting it mixed up, then. He goes super far in PM. Apologies.

As gar as other mains go, I don't have many I can use as comfortably as I can Ness. I'd like to get better with Villager, but currently I'm garbage. Other points of interest include Lucina, Olimar, and Zelda. It's gotten to the point where Ness is pretty much my bread and butter and I don't think I'll ever be as good with another char as I am with him.
I thought that to but 90 percent of the time people usually have secondaries for example mine is luigi

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Yea that would sound about right - Lucas' dash attack in PM is redonks! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I believe the eventhubs tier list was based on votes, which is a bit flawed when it comes to tier lists. If anyone at all can vote, then the guy down the street and his dog can tell you about how amazing their character is and how top tier they are. Granted most people voting will be competitive players but the idea for tier lists is to have a combined effort by a group of dedicated players that are well-educated in the current meta and stay up to date with tournament results as well as community input. Both of these are important to determine a tier list, the way I see it. :)

And in regards to the question directly, it's based both on results and what that group of people ^ determine the character's competitive potential is. Basically, their viability in a competitive setting. ^_^

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I believe the eventhubs tier list was based on votes, which is a bit flawed when it comes to tier lists. If anyone at all can vote, then the guy down the street and his dog can tell you about how amazing their character is and how top tier they are. Granted most people voting will be competitive players but the idea for tier lists is to have a combined effort by a group of dedicated players that are well-educated in the current meta and stay up to date with tournament results as well as community input. Both of these are important to determine a tier list, the way I see it. :)

And in regards to the question directly, it's based both on results and what that group of people ^ determine the character's competitive potential is. Basically, their viability in a competitive setting. ^_^
Cool glad to know how it works. Also aren't these tier lists compiled by back roomers. Is there a smash 4 backroom?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Cool glad to know how it works. Also aren't these tier lists compiled by back roomers. Is there a smash 4 backroom?
Hmm, not yet as far as I know - but i'm hoping one will be created soon and I'd like to join it when that happens if possible ;D

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
How exactly are tier list compiled isn't it based on tournament results
the point is the official lists are always made by the group smash back room, which i think is connected with this forum, so until they decide to do one tehre will be no official tier list. at least for our metagame, japan is not dependent on our metagame so they have their own

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hmm, not yet as far as I know - but i'm hoping one will be created soon and I'd like to join it when that happens if possible ;D
When are back rooms usually created. I guess a month or 2 into the games release is not enough. Which makes sense. I think it may be created in about 2 or 3 months from now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom