• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of the Roy & Mewtwo Rumor, as well as the Brawl Roster Leak!

Rakath

Smash Ace
I was under the impression that Roy's game was a flop and is the least popular FE game to date. That's what I've heard from several different sources. I don't claim this to be fact though, cause I don't know jack about FE stuff. If this is the case, then it doesn't make sense to bother with Roy's inclusion.
Fire Emblem: Gaiden (Second game) is the most hated FE game in the series, Fire Emblem: Scared Stones (Eight) usually is counted as second most hated.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
This was posted the first page in the topic, but I felt I should say something about it....

Challenges or Coin Launcher, it doesn't matter. A character trophy is always unlocked through Classic and All-Star mode. This rumor is not true.
What about ROB? We used to say that he couldn't be playable because we could get his trophy through SSE by throwing a Trophy Stand at a ROB enemy. Doesn't the same thing apply?

Also, I've been seeing a lot of people on gamefaqs say that the characters couldn't have been added because Brawl has already gone gold or was completed. But, the characters could have been added before Brawl went gold.

I hope this is true. Why are we arguing against it? Isn't this what we wanted? More characters? The Random button can't be removed because it is in English Dojo screens. I hope it doesnt leave...

Nuvia

Smash Ace
What about ROB? We used to say that he couldn't be playable because we could get his trophy through SSE by throwing a Trophy Stand at a ROB enemy. Doesn't the same thing apply?
As I've said, ROB is both a NPC and PC. Two different trophies for two different incarnations.

bigman40

Smash Master
wow.....this thread looks like alot of fun......and I just read nearly all of it......How about everyone just chill out? This is getting us nowhere. Arguing won't hurt the rumors nor will it help. For this moment, we might as well sit down, watch some tv, and wait for the release. I mean, come on, we've waited since last year for this game. Why not wait a little longer for everything to be answered themselves? (Not meaning to get on anyone)

On topic: Hopefully we can see an appearance of these 7. I can always take more characters.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
you know the whole mewtwo's alread a trophy arguement is COMICALLY similar to the R.O.B.'s already an enemy arguement.

there are NO rules for who can cannot be a character and what disprovs a character:

icon's = characters... oh wait no.

ness can't be a character if we have lucas...oops ness is in.

enemies can't be character's... oh wait nope wrong again.

mewtwo already has a trophy so he can't be a character...

just saying...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
While interesting, it still says nothing about Ridley being playable, which makes it all meaningless.

Yeah, if everyone else can continue to pout about content, I can, too. (I'm not pouting btw, I'm just expressing my indifference.)

you know the whole mewtwo's alread a trophy arguement is COMICALLY similar to the R.O.B.'s already an enemy arguement.

there are NO rules for who can cannot be a character and what disprovs a character:

icon's = characters... oh wait no.

ness can't be a character if we have lucas...oops ness is in.

enemies can't be character's... oh wait nope wrong again.

mewtwo already has a trophy so he can't be a character...

just saying...

Ridley is already a boss.

...oh snap!

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is still too big...

*runs*

On Topic, when would there be confirmation either way? Sakurai's address?

bugball

Smash Apprentice
guys, i have the game, and i have to say this

MEWTWO TROPHY IS FUKING BAD DETAILED, HE HAS SUCK TEXTURES MAN :s

so stop claiming mewtwo is detailed,

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
ROB is also a trophy that can be collected in the SSE with the trophy stand.

Mmmhmmm.
For your information:

The ROBot-like enemy was called the "robot attacker"
And it's smaller, different form ROBot (I guess Nintendo just want to mix things up)

The Mewtwo trophy is unlocked in the Clear Getter (what you call "challenges") by completing all-star mode on Intense level.

That doesn't leave a clue at all. Appearing as a trophy doesn't mean it can't be a DLC.
Not appearing as a trophy also doesn't mean it can't be a DLC.
Only time will tell.

S2

Smash Lord
GDC will probably clear all this up.

Anyways, the US version is done. Some reviewers (like G4) already have it. You'd think that fairly soon this would be leaked by other sources if it were true, as other magazines and such get the US version.

Even if its simply in hints such as "exclusive stuff in the US version" (statements that don't break NDAs).

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Wow.... Just..Wow.... You people are all just... idiots... This is a quote from almost all of you: "ZOMG MEWTWO CANT BE IN!!!!1111 DURR DUHH DURRR HES A CL TROPHY NAAAAANAAA"

Just wow.... Omg He's a trophy.... Thats nice.... And mario is a trophy and a character. Groundon is a sticker and a trophy. and in that pic that shows lucario, jiggly, pikachu, and PT, for the sticker thing.... theres a little space.... enough space for a head.... Mewtwos head.....

And for those who say the Wii doesn't have enough memory to hold character data... your wrong. and if you didnt have enough room on your internal memory.... buy an SD card....

And btw there is nothing saying that marth or ike and lucario will be replaced by roy and mewtwo. How did that come into your little heads?

And Mewtwo and Roy have more data than any other of the forbidden 7..... Thats alot of proof right there.... It may not be proof for the rumor but its proof for something.....

And there is absolutly NO PROOF AGAINST roy. And where is everyone getting the idea he was only in melee to promote his upcoming game. They put him oin so there would be another FE rep. Just like Falco.
o crap I forgot about... remember reading that on the bc forums, faint image of something in that pic, and it looks like mewtwo.

espio87

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem: Gaiden (Second game) is the most hated FE game in the series, Fire Emblem: Scared Stones (Eight) usually is counted as second most hated.
ok, maybe offtopic:
really?:confused: personally, I liked Sacred Stones. do you have an idea of why it's so hated?

back on topic: the Mewtwo trophy does indeed put a hole in the rumor, HOWEVER Chronobound said that the information came from an Intelligent System locator. and, like he previously said, that locator could have provided the info for Roy and tFox could have thought it also meant Mewtwo was back.

willtheshadow

Smash Cadet
OMFG Mewtwo having a teophy means nothing. In melee a few characters had more than one trophy. The first would detail the character and their hisory and the charaster trophy actually detailed the character as they appeared in melee. Such as moves and playstyle. I believe mario had like four.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was under the impression that Roy's game was a flop and is the least popular FE game to date. That's what I've heard from several different sources. I don't claim this to be fact though, cause I don't know jack about FE stuff. If this is the case, then it doesn't make sense to bother with Roy's inclusion.
Roy's game wasn't a "flop" but it wasn't the greatest either. The game after it, FE7, or just "Fire Emblem" outside of Japan, was the highest selling Fire Emblem game ever. The highest selling JPN-only FE game was FE4. The newer games in general have moved away from the original format of the originals, and some like it, some don't. But, because FE isn't as engraved in the West as it is in the East, Roy, the old Melee character, would make most sense for Brawl.

OMFG Mewtwo having a teophy means nothing. In melee a few characters had more than one trophy. The first would detail the character and their hisory and the charaster trophy actually detailed the character as they appeared in melee. Such as moves and playstyle. I believe mario had like four.
But those were all for different 1P modes; they weren't collectibles. That is what their point is. Though it's a minor detail, the fact that he was included as a collectible trophy makes it more unlikely that Sakurai had plans of including him as a character, since he went through the trouble of making him a trophy.

And Mario didn't have 4 to himself, I believe one was Paper Mario and another was Metal Mario? I could be mistaken.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Ridley is still too big...

*runs*
People say this even more confidently now, but it makes it no more true. Too many freakin' gamers who've only played Prime.

All I have to say is this:

He doesn't look too big here. In fact, He's smaller than Bowser.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
What exactly is Sakurai's GDC speech supposed to be about anyway? Have they set any specific reason why he's talking, or do we just know that he's talking?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
nice, i read it all....that was a lot

but we've had leakers for every game ever released (pretty much) so Brawl was no different... basically mewtwo and roy (who would both be clones now) could make an appearence in the US version (maybe different versions would get different characters?)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
guys, i have the game, and i have to say this

MEWTWO TROPHY IS FUKING BAD DETAILED, HE HAS SUCK TEXTURES MAN :s

so stop claiming mewtwo is detailed,
Taken directly from Melee or a recent Pokémon game (Battle Revolution?), maybe? Ya, Toon Link has his Wind Waker island clothes look, and it looks like it has "bad textures". :p

If Ness being "deconfirmed" and then making it says anything, then it proves ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

And if Ridley is too big, then Bowser is too big. Bowser is like OVER 10 feet tall in Brawl. When you fight Ridley as a boss all four times, he's only about 50% bigger in size then Samus, and about 50% heavier weightwise. That's a little taller then Bowser, and about as light as Link. Ya, I'm waiting for some scrub to say "but Charizard is too big", when he hardly weighs over 200 pounds, and is almost half a foot shorter then me! :laugh:

O, and you "too big" people are morons, as smash is truely a realistic games. Ya, Japanese isane floaty DI, bubble shields, and triple jumps. Ya, smash bros. truely is realistic.

Seriously, smash bros. isn't realistic AT ALL! Accept that, or you're a moron moran.

:laugh:

And morans, shut up. Too big is the f***ing most moronic line ever. Seriously, smash bros. won't EVER BE REALISTIC! I can't think of a game LESS REALISTIC then smash bros. Stop making is sound real-you just prove how dumb you truely are.

The only thing too big in smash bros. is Toon Link's balls, and that's what you get for yelling in that ever awsome manly childish voice!

I love how post-Brawl's release, Sakurai STILL mindgames us. He's probabl been laughing his a** off since E3 2006, and eventually, he'll have to stop, or he might go mute.

Good work though, ChronoBound. Exellent thread! (or at least, first post) :)

ConeZone

Smash Ace
good read, i hope they are in it, but don't replace any characters on the "confirmed" roster for the U.S. version

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
nice, i read it all....that was a lot

but we've had leakers for every game ever released (pretty much) so Brawl was no different... basically mewtwo and roy (who would both be clones now) could make an appearence in the US version (maybe different versions would get different characters?)
Mewtwo wouldn't be a clone... PRetty much only thing he has in common with Lucario is his B move, and it functions differently.

If Mewtwo would be a Lucario Clone in Brawl..., then that would mean Mewtwo was a Samus Clone in Melee...

Unless Sakurai goes out of his way to make him into a clone. Which wouldn't surprise me... I'm not complaining, but I do like original move sets as much as the next person...

Of course this speculation is moot if the rumor doesn't pan out.

Black/Light

Smash Master
popo: He is suppose to talk about the making of a character in SSB I think. I could be wrong.

And this Trop=de-confirmed mess is really confusing me.

. . .So what? "Up untill now u couldnt get a char trop like that". . . .well if the rumor is true than "up untill now" you couldn't get DLC for the SSB series either.:ohwell:

Really, this is a mirror of Rob.

People seem soo focused on debunking this that they look at every lil detail that probly aint that big of a deal.(much like the 35 roster)

Really, stupid bs like "Ike replaced Roy/ Roy has no need to be in Brawl" should be left at the door. It's not about how LIKELY a character appears to get in or not (ROB THE F****N ROBOT!) it's about the rumor at hand. . .

And this should be over this Friday so stop being so hell bent to debunk it. Let people get their hopes ups. . . its not going to make anyone better off to have people constantly trying to stump their hopes.:ohwell:

hectichobo

Smash Ace
o crap I forgot about... remember reading that on the bc forums, faint image of something in that pic, and it looks like mewtwo.
Thats right.... Enough Room For His Head.... This increases his chances....
Quick Someone with the JP version go see if a sticker for only marth and Ike has enough room for roy....

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
How could you possibly belive this? You honestly think its fair to have us exclusive charicters when its possible to play japaneese opponets over wifi. Why would...how could you be so...just that fact that you belived....for a second that... ugh.Don't belive whatever people tell you kids cause you don't know were they heard it from.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
ok, maybe offtopic:
really?:confused: personally, I liked Sacred Stones. do you have an idea of why it's so hated?
It's not exactly hated, but it was received more poorly than the previous game released outside of Japan, FE7. Negative player reviews mainly consisted of complaints regarding lack of new gameplay mechanics.

Regarding this thread. Err... Wow. Wow, guys. <_< I actually read all of it and was sorely disappointed that SWF could sink as low as this. Both sides of an issue providing evidence to support their theses - isn't that the very essence of argument? Silencing either side is counterproductive and ultimately only obstructs progress.

Regarding the opening post. I happen to agree with Mookie, Nuvia, and sv3. It was basically taking a neutral stance to avoid consequences, which is probably the most intelligent course of action.

As for actual content... I believe that regardless of the source or information, it is probably unwise to follow anyone's words as mindless gospel without any proof at the moment. No matter what we believe at the moment, it will not change how the game will be, so really, the best thing we can do right now is to just wait out the 20(?) days left and find out for ourselves.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
How could you possibly belive this? You honestly think its fair to have us exclusive charicters when its possible to play japaneese opponets over wifi. Why would...how could you be so...just that fact that you belived....for a second that... ugh.Don't belive whatever people tell you kids cause you don't know were they heard it from.
because they would be DLC for japan. DLC is essentially a patch. and with patches, when you play online, they either-

Don't let you play online until you've upgraded

or

Upgrade it for you online.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I believe u chroro, because I refused to believe u in the past, and I'm making up for it. One thing I'm not sure of is: Why didn't roy and mewtwo in the jp version? Does sakurai love the americans?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I really dislike the idea of DLC for Brawl even though it'd be an okay feature, but Christ, stop being a ***got.
Seriously, get out, you disgust me. No one wants you to stink up the thread with ***gotry.
**** straight I'm angry. You need to stop existing, and quite frankly I do NOT tolerate it.

No one's throwing a hissyfit other than the **** ***gots who think there's a logical reason to be against him other than the fact that he claimed it without anything to support himself other than the fact that everything he's said in the past, which was very specific in detail and everything, came true.
I don't care how angry you are--or how angry you feign to be. Is it ever a legitimate reason to use gay slurs? No. I'm not even gay, but I still take offense to your flagrant use of "***got." Same thing for people that throw around "the N-word" in a derogatory manner. I know this was a while back in the thread, but it just irks me to no end to read such ignorance.

I find it funny how the GameFAQs version of this topic has more maturity than the SmashBoards version.
:ohwell:
I'm sorry to see the day when that statement holds water.

Ok guys, time for me to start actually modding a bit here.

@Luke Groundwalker
Seriously, you need to take a step back. This isn't such a heated debate, and your passion for this topic is a bit extreme. Nobody in here is warranted for flaming, especially how much you have been dishing out.

Also, I'm going to sum up mine and Nuvia's position, as Nuvia lately has been somewhat sarcastic and dealing with many personal attacks to really re-establish our side of this argument.

That Tfox guy, however credible he has been in the past, does not guarantee that this rumor is true. Even if he is being honest with Chrono, that doesn't mean that his source is being honest, or that his source has legit information. We know nothing of his source and how they obtained this information, and because of that there is currently no real proof regarding Roy and Mewtwo.

Let me say it again, there is no proof of this rumor. It's a possibility, and I don't think many people are against it from happening, but that doesn't make it even close to being a fact.

Agreed. Lets not get our hopes up now.
I agree with every aspect of this post. DLC / US-only Roy and Mewtwo is possible, but there still isn't any direct proof. If he has credibility behind him in terms of past leaks, and if he has credibility in terms of an insider at IS, more power to him. I won't refute the possibility, but I will remain skeptical on the issue just not to give myself false hope for the innumerable options that DLC presents.

Interesting thing I saw on the Gamefaqs thread:

So rapscouter is apparently supporting this rumor as well........
Ahahaha... That poor guy, still hanging on. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
Don't bother here, I've actually seen more sense in many GameFaqs threads then in this dump lately. I came to Smash World Forums to find some people who really enjoy Brawl for what it is/what it will become, but what I found was a bunch of whiny little babies who refuse to listen to even the slightest bit of intelligence and/or common sense.

Either way, that was a good read, though I expected more of a "WOW" factor then a recap of how this information turned loose.

Top Bottom