• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of the Roy & Mewtwo Rumor, as well as the Brawl Roster Leak!

What's the point of even arguing with Luke? He just keeps on contradicting himself with his own arguments. He doesn't even need us.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If you think he's more likely to be right, you're taking a side.
No, I'm saying that as a FACT. Because it simply is. His past record outweighs anything that would make him unreliable or random.

I mean, if you want to hate on him, do it better than that and make an actual ligament reason, even though there really isn't.
If this is about making your opinion known, Luke, I find the best way is to say it calmly. Perhaps you are calm, and your typing is just trying to reflect the powerful belief you hold in your opinion, but perhaps the best manner you can "argue" is by typing out a message and a calm and reflective way.
No, I hardly put much effort if its my opinion (unless I decided to do some big thread about it, like the Lucas replacing Ness one I did months ago). If it was my opinion, then I would say, "In my opinion" or make it obvious it was. There's no opinion in anything I've been saying.

I do, however, put effort if it relates to the facts of the situation. I'm honestly mostly neutral about this situation and just accept the facts for what they are. However, a lot of people aren't looking at the facts, like the guys I supposedly flamed even though I just pointed out a fact about how they were acting.
Respect is a powerful tool - it's not that you have to respect anyone who disagrees with you, it's that you can. I'm trying to respect you by giving you my opinion in a friendly manner (I hope you respond in an equally friendly way), so perhaps if you want to continue emphasizing your opinion, you could maybe do it in more of a "debate" mode than an "angry" mode (and I don't know if you ARE angry about this, but the manner in which you are posting comes off that way).
You get my respect by earning it, and quite frankly, most of you guys aren't doing one bit to earn my respect. Maybe you, considering how well-thought-out you've made your posts, but not these guys who are claiming ludicrous reasons that supposedly "disprove" this rumor even though it doesn't effect one bit of it.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
The problem with "joking" and using foul language is that on an online message board where no one, as far as I know, knows you personally, they will be interpreted a different way than you might mean it.

This whole argument is dumb. Tfox is more likely to be telling the truth than he is to be lying given his track record, but that doesn't prove anything. Mewtwo's trophy is weird to include if he was planned to be into the game, but again that doesn't prove anything either. As I said before, Sakurai easily could have decided to add DLC late in the process.

It is so pointless for either side to argue this matter right now.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I suppose not, but it does bear saying. Nobody deserves to have that said to them. I'd be very indignant if someone was talking to me that way...and I'd call them on it. So Luke was out of place. There is no place in discussion for profanity, censored or not.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I find it funny how the GameFAQs version of this topic has more maturity than the SmashBoards version.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
I'm sorry your thread had to go in this direction, Chrono.

No, I'm saying that as a FACT. Because it simply is. His past record outweighs anything that would make him unreliable or random.

I mean, if you want to hate on him, do it better than that and make an actual ligament reason, even though there really isn't.
Then you are, in fact, admitting that you aren't neutral.

I never said I hated him.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
You know, one of the rumors of DLC says that certain characters would simply be alternate costumes of other characters.Perhaps Mewtwo will be an alternate costume of Lucario, and Roy would be an alternate of Marth.That isn't to say that they couldn't have their own properties...in Guilty Gear each character had shadow forms, EX forms, gold forms, etc, etc, which changed certain technical and visual properties of the character when you picked them. So we could change Mario to Doc Mario and he would have his old moveset back, etc, etc...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my main point is that just because Mewtwo has a trophy already doesn't mean he can't be playable in some form or other

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I find it funny how the GameFAQs version of this topic has more maturity than the SmashBoards version.
I have seen you say that about 12 times now, I feel like crying. could you give us a link to the topic? id like to see some mature discussion.

In another 2 months hopefully those who wish to get competitive will stay, and the others will get out.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
There's NOTHING respectable about the side they're on.
Nothing respectable eh? Just because they disagree with you? They disagree with me too, but you don't see asterisks in my posts!

Hell, no one should be on a specific side. I'm not. I'm neutral about this, and I just look at the facts. And the fact of the manner is that Tfox is most likely legit than false as tons of haters, backed up by terrible reasons, claim.
I don't see them as "haters" any more than doubters. I have my doubts too, but they are outweighed by hope (I really want M2).

"Foul" language makes no difference than regular language. I use it casually all the time, what's the problem with it?
And that's a major problem with society. Words really mean nothing...but I don't need to delve into this now. Foul language has no place as it is often demeaning to both yourself and your opponent...

The use of profanity does not speak well of yourself. It shows a person easily angered. And also does not speak well of your command of the language. Try refraining from it...you might be surprised how it turns out!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Then you are, in fact, admitting that you aren't neutral.
This is a prime example of people denying the facts that I was talking about.
I never said I hated him.
There's a difference than hating on something than actually hating them.
Nothing respectable eh? Just because they disagree with you?
Yes.
They disagree with me too, but you don't see asterisks in my posts!
What the **** does asterisks have to do with anything?
I don't see them as "haters" any more than doubters. I have my doubts too, but they are outweighed by hope (I really want M2).
If they were doubters, they wouldn't try to do ANYTHING to prove this guy to be wrong.
And that's a major problem with society. Words really mean nothing...but I don't need to delve into this now. Foul language has no place as it is often demeaning to both yourself and your opponent...

The use of profanity does not speak well of yourself. It shows a person easily angered. And also does not speak well of your command of the language. Try refraining from it...you might be surprised how it turns out!
That whole paragraph is an oxymoron.

I shall attempt to post in a similar fashion to Luke Groundwalker.

*** **** ***** and ******** which *******. ******** so **** ******** *****? **** then ***** **** ***! ********* because ***** ** **** *************. * ******* which is why ******** ***** ***** **** *.

Furthermore, my ***** is ***** ***** ***** ***** **** ** ***** when you **** ***** ***** of course. But ***** *** ** ********** as you can see.

In conclusion, **** **** ***** ***** which necessitates ***** (***** **** ***** ***), thus ****** and ***** *** **** **** *****.

Rakath

Smash Ace
*rereads the last part of ChronoBound's essay*

What if that is correct, and Roy is the only new character we're getting, would that make this more believable?

1. No Trophies issue.
2. Clones exist, varied by moves, sharing Final Smashes unless you're Ganondorf. Roy would fit in under that set-up.
3. 36 roster keeps the 4x9 design, the Random button can be made a bar or in other ways moved.

The only issue would be moving the cast around, and it can be covered by this:
The last two Columns would become:
Marth -|- Snake
Ike -|- Sonic
Roy -|- Ness
G&W -|- Lucas

The Japanese version reorganizes with the Download, the English game comes with this design (the start roster wouldn't change anything.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Another thing I noticed:

Why make a Japanese-only character (Roy) a US exclusive?
1. He wouldn't be Exclusive, REREAD THE RUMOR.
2. Melee is out worldwide, and that's where a good bit of his fandom resides. Also, he appears at the end of the English release of "Fire Emblem" so while NPC he has appeared in a Fire Emblem game outside of Japan. ^_^

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ok guys, time for me to start actually modding a bit here.

@Luke Groundwalker
Seriously, you need to take a step back. This isn't such a heated debate, and your passion for this topic is a bit extreme. Nobody in here is warranted for flaming, especially how much you have been dishing out.

Also, I'm going to sum up mine and Nuvia's position, as Nuvia lately has been somewhat sarcastic and dealing with many personal attacks to really re-establish our side of this argument.

That Tfox guy, however credible he has been in the past, does not guarantee that this rumor is true. Even if he is being honest with Chrono, that doesn't mean that his source is being honest, or that his source has legit information. We know nothing of his source and how they obtained this information, and because of that there is currently no real proof regarding Roy and Mewtwo.

Let me say it again, there is no proof of this rumor. It's a possibility, and I don't think many people are against it from happening, but that doesn't make it even close to being a fact.
I don't think people should get their hopes up. It will be that more devastating if it turns out to not be true. I only show the possibility that Tfox could be wrong.
Agreed. Lets not get our hopes up now.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
*rereads the last part of ChronoBound's essay*

What if that is correct, and Roy is the only new character we're getting, would that make this more believable?
Perhaps. There's no evidence against Roy. But is there really any reason for him to be in Brawl? He was in Melee to promote his upcoming game.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Ok guys, time for me to start actually modding a bit here.

@Luke Groundwalker
Seriously, you need to take a step back. This isn't such a heated debate, and your passion for this topic is a bit extreme. Nobody in here is warranted for flaming, especially how much you have been dishing out.

Also, I'm going to sum up mine and Nuvia's position, as Nuvia lately has been somewhat sarcastic and dealing with many personal attacks to really re-establish our side of this argument.

That Tfox guy, however credible he has been in the past, does not guarantee that this rumor is true. Even if he is being honest with Chrono, that doesn't mean that his source is being honest, or that his source has legit information. We know nothing of his source and how they obtained this information, and because of that there is currently no real proof regarding Roy and Mewtwo.

Let me say it again, there is no proof of this rumor. It's a possibility, and I don't think many people are against it from happening, but that doesn't make it even close to being a fact.
You make me happy agian:) (it didn't really sound like you were flaming, and the points were made were good)

seriously, take a chill pill, remember this is just a VIDEO GAME that we enjoy playing comepetivily, not nuclear phyisics rocket building.

1. He wouldn't be Exclusive, REREAD THE RUMOR.
2. Melee is out worldwide, and that's where a good bit of his fandom resides. Also, he appears at the end of the English release of "Fire Emblem" so while NPC he has appeared in a Fire Emblem game outside of Japan. ^_^
I know he wouldn't be exclusive. What I meant was, why make him DLC for Japan and non-DLC for US if his game only came out in Japan.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Perhaps. There's no evidence against Roy. But is there really any reason for him to be in Brawl? He was in Melee to promote his upcoming game.
True, I originally assumed him cut for that reason, however due to his Melee appearance he gained his own set of fans. Similar to how Ness and Falcon have two sets of fans: Those that played SSB64/Melee and those who actaully know where the heck they both came from.

Roy returning wouldn't be bad... well, some Mewtwo fans might riot... but outside of the Roy without Mewtwo there is no bad to it. It would also mean that with just him returning (without Mewtwo) all 3 of the separate people clones return. Y.Link and Link were both OoT design, Mario and Doc are both Mario, Pikachu and Pichu could be different Pokemon, but nobody loves the smaller rat.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Interesting thing I saw on the Gamefaqs thread:

rapscouter said:
Mewtwo & Roy will be in the U.S. version of Brawl. Remember I said Mewtwo will be in Brawl and thats no lie.
So rapscouter is apparently supporting this rumor as well........

Nuvia

Smash Ace
It would also mean that with just him returning (without Mewtwo) all 3 of the separate people clones return. Y.Link and Link were both OoT design, Mario and Doc are both Mario, Pikachu and Pichu could be different Pokemon, but nobody loves the smaller rat.
Well Roy is already pretty well represented by Ike, just as Lucario is similar to Mewtwo.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Well Roy is already pretty well represented by Ike, just as Lucario is similar to Mewtwo.
While from a gameplay standpoint this is true, there are real fans of FE6 that would like Roy in Brawl. From an FE game standpoint Ike represents Roy about as well as Yoshi does.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I really don't consider it as flaming to be honest. If they're gonna act stupid, then I'm gonna ask, "What are you, stupid?" or if they're gonna act like a ***got I'm gonna say, "Stop being a ***got." Quite frankly, I'm just stating the facts here and it's up to them whether they get offended or not.
Even though that whole post goes against common sense, that WASN'T what I was debating with Nuvia and Wang about. They claimed that Mewtwo's trophy in Brawl affects his chances, which doesn't and is a ludicrous and disgusting claim.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
While from a gameplay standpoint this is true, there are real fans of FE6 that would like Roy in Brawl. From an FE game standpoint Ike represents Roy about as well as Yoshi does.
I was under the impression that Roy's game was a flop and is the least popular FE game to date. That's what I've heard from several different sources. I don't claim this to be fact though, cause I don't know jack about FE stuff. If this is the case, then it doesn't make sense to bother with Roy's inclusion.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I was under the impression that Roy's game was a flop and is the least popular FE game to date. That's what I've heard from several different sources. I don't claim this to be fact though, cause I don't know jack about FE stuff. If this is the case, then it doesn't make sense to bother with Roy's inclusion.
No, FE6 sold very well and it's very popular.

Although Roy is a piece of **** character in the game when it comes to his characterization and whatnot.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Fans do make the game in sense.

Anyway, there's still no way of telling what will happen at this point in time. The release is so close we can practically taste it, that's why this rumor busting is getting monotonous.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
The thing is it might. Let me stress: WE DON'T KNOW. We have no idea what is going on in Sakurai's head and in his studio. The trophy might be there as their "final resting place." It might not. We don't know. And we won't know until if/after this is discussed by Sakurai or Nintendo.

The trophy thing is legitimate. I don't agree with it, but it is legitimate nonetheless.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
And truth be told, this is the only rumor that's sprung up since Brawl's release in Japan. I think Chronobound is right. TFox might be getting fed a story. That's the most plausible scenario at this point.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
The thing is it might. Let me stress: WE DON'T KNOW. We have no idea what is going on in Sakurai's head and in his studio. The trophy might be there as their "final resting place." It might not. We don't know. And we won't know until if/after this is discussed by Sakurai or Nintendo.
Exactly. WE DON'T KNOW.

They were claiming that the trophy literally proved Mewtwo not being able to be a playable character in Brawl, acting like they knew. That's why it isn't legitimate.
You sure seem to be offended by what I say.
?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
It's interesting to see how Sakurai mindgames everybody even 2 weeks after the game release in Japan

I want this to be true but I'm not getting my hopes up, not like I did with Isaac being playable xD

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Exactly. WE DON'T KNOW.

They were claiming that the trophy literally proved Mewtwo not being able to be a playable character in Brawl, acting like they knew. That's why it isn't legitimate.
I now stand by the belief that the trophy plays a legitimate part in this, but it is by no means decisive evidence.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wow.... Just..Wow.... You people are all just... idiots... This is a quote from almost all of you: "ZOMG MEWTWO CANT BE IN!!!!1111 DURR DUHH DURRR HES A CL TROPHY NAAAAANAAA"

Just wow.... Omg He's a trophy.... Thats nice.... And mario is a trophy and a character. Groundon is a sticker and a trophy. and in that pic that shows lucario, jiggly, pikachu, and PT, for the sticker thing.... theres a little space.... enough space for a head.... Mewtwos head.....

And for those who say the Wii doesn't have enough memory to hold character data... your wrong. and if you didnt have enough room on your internal memory.... buy an SD card....

And btw there is nothing saying that marth or ike and lucario will be replaced by roy and mewtwo. How did that come into your little heads?

And Mewtwo and Roy have more data than any other of the forbidden 7..... Thats alot of proof right there.... It may not be proof for the rumor but its proof for something.....

And there is absolutly NO PROOF AGAINST roy. And where is everyone getting the idea he was only in melee to promote his upcoming game. They put him oin so there would be another FE rep. Just like Falco.

Top Bottom