• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of the Roy & Mewtwo Rumor, as well as the Brawl Roster Leak!

timbu

Smash Apprentice
joeysmash, even if you believe 100% that you are right, you're picking fights that nobody wants to publicly witness.

I read the whole essay and it was a well researched and well written essay.

Mookie is justified in his disappointment, but only because he expected this essay to have new information when the truth is that the essay seems to be more about explanation and clarification about the claims than the revelation of new information about the actual rumor.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
If you lost respect for me because I question a rumor and I make a post about how this thread is superfluous then you really need to rethink a few things. This thread has done nothing for the argument. It's like religious people talking about personal stories. It's not proof, thusly the rumor isn't any more validated than it was just because we know the story behind it.
... but the point is your flaming much like the gamefaqs I have seen you post about before.... aw whatever, you won't change your mind...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If you lost respect for me because I question a rumor and I make a post about how this thread is superfluous then you really need to rethink a few things. This thread has done nothing for the argument. It's like religious people talking about personal stories. It's not proof, thusly the rumor isn't any more validated than it was just because we know the story behind it.
That just about sums up what I was thinking. And I don't mean it in offense, I'm just stating my view on the article.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
About the speech at the GDC
it's possible Sakurai may not mention the inclusion of Roy and Mewtwo or DLC for that matter.

Nintendo has been known to hide stuff from the media and can even deny their own facts.

For example: just recently a gaming magazine stated Baby Peach was a playable character in Mario Kart Wii.
Nintendo denied it. And then later a screenshot was shown showing Baby Peach as a playable character.

Sakurai may not reveal these characters until a certain date on the DOJO. So I wouldn't just say fake yet until a copy of the real game is played

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
-_-

I'll say it again.

If you can download the trophies with the character, why is there ALREADY a Mewtwo trophy obtained through Challenges Mode? Don't believe me? Here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_uE7cqvlIEg
incase you havn't noticed, most things in the game can be unlocked in more then 1 way.

I am NOT supporting this theory, until there is proof I will NOT believe, however, i simply encourage people to THINK a little, we all know now how odd Sakuri thinks himself

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes but unlike religion there's actual backing up to the person saying this.

The guy, Tfox, has literally, in detail, stated specific information on Advance Wars games, most recently Advance Wars: Days of Ruin where he did a detailed explanation on every infantry in the game. The same source he got this from, someone who is localizes games in the Intelligent Systems company, also stated the place of Advance Wars in Brawl and told people all of the AW stickers that all turned out to be true, and most recently has stated that Mewtwo and Roy will be in the US version of Brawl.

Quite frankly, it's more likely he's right than wrong and therefor you really have no right to bash him and claim he's a fake.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
incase you havn't noticed, most things in the game can be unlocked in more then 1 way.

I am NOT supporting this theory, until there is proof I will NOT believe, however, i simply encourage people to THINK a little, we all know now how odd Sakuri thinks himself
It's one thing to just continually reiterate that you are encouraging thinking, but another to continually argue your point and quasi-flame people at the same time.

Garuda

Smash Ace
If Japan has to download remaining info from Nintendo to play as Mewtwo and Roy, yet the U.S. gets Mewtwo and Roy... how the hell would the Japanese game process the American wi-fi opponent's Mewtwo or Roy?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
If you lost respect for me because I question a rumor and I make a post about how this thread is superfluous then you really need to rethink a few things. This thread has done nothing for the argument. It's like religious people talking about personal experiences. It's not proof, thusly the rumor isn't any more validated than it was just because we know the story behind it.
True to that, I do see your point (its amazing I actually only go on this forum if there is a dojo update :p
anyways I agree, since a Rumor is only a Rumor until there is concrete evidence behind it...
I am ignoring the relgious part because I think it has no place in society (but lets not get off topic)

BtCE

Smash Rookie
ChronoBound, I appreciate your observations, and hopefully people will respect that you haven't meant for something to blow out of preportion like this, but I would also like to say something.

The weight of these claims shouldn't fall completely on your back, especially since you have posted a full explanation of the events surrounding how all of us ended up here, hoping but doubting Roy and Mewtwo's inclusion in the US/PAL release of Brawl. The weight of this should fall on tfox, who at this point has aggravated me to no end - nobody should make such bold claims, especially when examples in the recent past elevated to flame wars and arguments, and then disappear - it really seems that he is avoiding this because he needs time to think of more lies that will explain the initial lies he has made. All we need from him is concrete solid proof that HE was the one that leaked the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin info, and then we can form our opinion based on actual past evidence - not a CLAIM of past evidence. The truth is, that even if does prove he leaked that info, most people will probably still doubt his claims (myself included). Still, he should at least go that far. Like I have already established - tfox's claims and then sudden diappearance, only appearing once, basically, make me believe he's in his basement, browsing this website, and howling in laughter in what an uproar he has caused for "leaking" this false info.

In the end, I really think all of this should be dropped, forgotten. Freaking out over rumored exclusive content is going to make the wait for this game even longer. I know this isn't going to happen, but all of us posting our "theories" on why Mewtwo and Roy could/ should/ won't/ shouldn't/ might be in this game won't cause March 9th to arrive faster. As it stands, none of us know, and none of us will know unless Sakurai or some other Nintendo staff announces it. The best I can muster is that a person with a connection (i.e Serebii, PORTRAITofRUIN, etc.) contact one of their sources and ask if they have heard any info on the possible exclusive/ DLC content.

With this topic, I hope we can just let this die. Brawl will be a good game. There is already a large amount of characters for a fighting game (39 including PT's Pokemon, Sheik, and ZSS), and many levels. If anything else comes of this rumor, great! For now, accept the Japanese Version as basically what we will have. I too hope Mewtwo and Roy will enter the fray, but I still highly doubt the validity of tfox, when all of the evidence has been stacked so highly against him.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nice lil read.

Needs the Neo 3. They all have good rep and confirmed the roster.

And personally IDK how to see TFox. I think it's possible that not all the leakers knew about this tid-bit of info (really, if I where to go off of the JPN brawl as is and talk about it a few months ago I would also be correct in saying theres only 35 characters and theres no Mew2 or Roy. If its DLC than theres no telling when it would have became clear that these vets where coming and it not that hard to bring vets back.
Serebii said he was given his pokemon only info months before he started posting about rumors. . .he could be wrong and right at the same time).

I would perfer to hear Nya say this or approve of it seeing as she has been corect about ever detail. . .too bad she doesn't post often.:(

Anyway, Im sure that if its going to happen it will be talked about at GDC on Fri. Nintendo doesn't have many thnigs going on there so they could have a big whammy in the 3 speakers they are presenting (Sakurai bing one).

Garuda

Smash Ace
If Japan has to download remaining info from Nintendo to play as Mewtwo and Roy, yet the U.S. gets Mewtwo and Roy... how the hell would the Japanese game process the American wi-fi opponent's Mewtwo or Roy?
Read that.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys ever consider that Sakurai might not have planned to have DLC from the start? Is it so hard to believe that he might have wrote it off as a bad idea early-on but decided to put it in later? Wouldn't that explain all the extra trophies and etc?

I really think everyone, meaning both sides of the argument, are grasping for straws right now. Nothing outside of a direct confirmation or deconfirmation from Sakurai, or someone related to the game, proves anything.

And that was indeed a very well-written account of all the events Chrono. Nicely done and I sincerely hope tfox is right.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
By not allowing US and Japanese players to fight on Wi-Fi. It would suck, but separate servers for US and Japan in games is not unheard of, such as in Phantasy Star Universe. US and Europe can play with each other, but not with Japan.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
With this whole "trophy" thing...couldn't Sakurai package trophies with the download/in the game? Sure it's a statue of the character...but there can be more than one of them. It may yet be that this particular statue means nothing in the grand scheme of things...plus Mario has his Mario Striker's trophy, right? Toon Link has a statue in his pj's correct? Are they obtained normally or by using them?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
With this whole "trophy" thing...couldn't Sakurai package trophies with the download/in the game? Sure it's a statue of the character...but there can be more than one of them. It may yet be that this particular statue means nothing in the grand scheme of things...plus Mario has his Mario Striker's trophy, right? Toon Link has a statue in his pj's correct? Are they obtained normally or by using them?
So what kind of trophy do you suggest Mewtwo would have other than his regular one?

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Chronobound, I applaud you for explaining everything and putting it all in one place to make it easier for us. Personally, I'm not yet ready to believe it. I did believe NyaseNya, I did believe Serebii, and I did believe in the 35 character roster, but I'm going to have to wait it out and see on this one. I'm thinking it's not true, but either way, your credibility won't be ruined or anything in my eyes.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
By downloading Mewtwo and Roy.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It does matter. If you can say this rumor is true by pointing out stuff like "their theme data was left in the game," then my claim is just as valid.
The rumor isn't true because of that, that's a ****ty reason. The validity of the rumor comes from the fact that Tfox has, in detail, leaked stuff about Advance Wars games. He's literally as legit as Serebii of Serebii.net or reidman of Starmen.net considering the reliability of his info.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
If the new characters are free they would most likely be a mandatory update in Japan for anyone trying to go online....

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
So what kind of trophy do you suggest Mewtwo would have other than his regular one?
A Brawl Stylized one of course. Now, I haven't seen his trophy...or anyone's for that matter. But it is more than possible to add a couple of trophies. I'm sure they could do different poses, colors, etc. Who knows? To give M2 some weight (did someone around here say that would help him?) they could give him the aforementioned armor. This would be pittance for a crew that created trophies to the tune of hundreds!

On a completely relevant point that is separate from the main point of my post...what does M2's trophy description say?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Wait, if that guy made a 360 turn, he would still be facing in the same direction. 180 is a complete opposite.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
The rumor isn't true because of that, that's a ****ty reason. The validity of the rumor comes from the fact that Tfox has, in detail, leaked stuff about Advance Wars games. He's literally as legit as Serebii of Serebii.net or reidman of Starmen.net considering the reliability of his info.
That proves nothing. His straight track record doesn't negate the fact that he could be wrong.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That proves nothing. His straight track record doesn't negate the fact that he could be wrong.
That's a one in a million chance so most likely he isn't. So get out of the thread and stop claiming everything he says is wrong with your piece of garbage reasons.

I really dislike the idea of DLC for Brawl even though it'd be an okay feature, but Christ, stop being a ***got.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
A Brawl Stylized one of course. Now, I haven't seen his trophy...or anyone's for that matter. But it is more than possible to add a couple of trophies. I'm sure they could do different poses, colors, etc. Who knows? To give M2 some weight (did someone around here say that would help him?) they could give him the aforementioned armor. This would be pittance for a crew that created trophies to the tune of hundreds!

On a completely relevant point that is separate from the main point of my post...what does M2's trophy description say?
You'd think that if Amored Mewtwo was involved, Tfox would have mentioned it. Also your explanation doesn't add up with the Mario Strikers and Wind Waker Link with pajamas thing.

Also, here's Mewtwo's trophy.

That's a one in a million chance so most likely he isn't. So get out of the thread and stop claiming everything he says is wrong with your piece of garbage reasons.

I really dislike the idea of DLC for Brawl even though it'd be an okay feature, but Christ, stop being a ***got.
I'm not the one name calling, friend. And you're putting words in my mouth.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'm not the one name calling, friend. And you're putting words in my mouth.

Wow, just wow.

Even though you JUST said the rumor was false because Mewtwo was a trophy and said it completely debunked the **** rumor.

Just wow...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I was referring to the fact that you said I thought everything Tfox says is wrong.
...YOU DO. According to you, he's completely false because Mewtwo is a trophy and yet he says Mewtwo is playable in the US version and DLC in the Japanese. According to you, even though that logic is just garbage, that 100% disproves his legitimacy period.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
...YOU DO. According to you, he's completely false because Mewtwo is a trophy and yet he says Mewtwo is playable in the US version and DLC in the Japanese. According to you, even though that logic is just garbage, that 100% disproves his legitimacy period.
I said that his past predictions don't prove he can't be wrong. And the trophy does hurt the rumor's validity, yes.

Top Bottom