• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of the Roy & Mewtwo Rumor, as well as the Brawl Roster Leak!

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Then obviously you're an idiot when it comes to common sense and social standards.

For ****'s sake...

Seriously, get out, you disgust me. No one wants you to stink up the thread with ***gotry.
You seem pretty angry. Maybe you should take some deep breaths.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You seem pretty angry. Maybe you should take some deep breaths.
**** straight I'm angry. You need to stop existing, and quite frankly I do NOT tolerate it.
Settle down, sweetheart. No reason to throw a hissy fit.
No one's throwing a hissyfit other than the **** ***gots who think there's a logical reason to be against him other than the fact that he claimed it without anything to support himself other than the fact that everything he's said in the past, which was very specific in detail and everything, came true.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
CALM DOWN! JUST COOL IT!

That is an interesting trophy to say the least...but what does the description say?

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand either of your standpoints right now. I see no reason to blindly trust or to brashly deny tfox's claims. And I see no point in trying to decide an argument which should be resolved in four days by Sakurai himself.

But more than anything, I see no reason at all to get emotionally affected by an argument centered around whether or not a trophy indicates two extra characters won't be added to a video game.

The point of this thread, based on how I read it, was to defuse these dumb arguments. You're BOTH in the wrong.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You'd think that if Amored Mewtwo was involved, Tfox would have mentioned it. Also your explanation doesn't add up with the Mario Strikers and Wind Waker Link with pajamas thing.

Also, here's Mewtwo's trophy.

I'm not the one name calling, friend. And you're putting words in my mouth.
That Trop actually looks pretty detailed.

I wonder what it says. . .

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
The following is addressed to everyone:

Then nobody will leave this thread. Until someone calms down...nothing will change. Look at the situation logically and coolly. Being hotheaded only makes you look more foolish. You will not convince anyone by yelling.

So calm down.

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm not calming down until Nuvia and Wang leave the thread in shame.
Would you just do me a huge favor and shut the hell up already? :\

It's called DEBATING. You're the one adding salt into the wounds of this flame war with how harshly you are slandering the others. Calm down, take a deep breath, and step away from the computer. This isn't a big deal.

Talk about serious business alright... Seriously, in the long run of things, nobody wins if we're just fighting over the internet.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well you can't refute my argument by any means other than cursing at me, so I really have nothing else to say.
I did refute your **** argument but you kept repeating the same thing over and over again, so what else am I supposed to do?
Would you just do me a huge favor and shut the hell up already? :\
No, what I said towards anyone was completely logical and makes perfect sense. The guys need to grow up and stop being complete ***** and actually use logic for once.
It's called DEBATING. You're the one adding salt into the wounds of this flame war with how harshly you are slandering the others. Calm down, take a deep breath, and step away from the computer. This isn't a big deal.
If it's harsh, they need to get over it. And I'm really not angry, I was mostly joking because people thought I was. Just disgusted.
Talk about serious business alright... Seriously, in the long run of things, nobody wins if we're just fighting over the internet.
Oh yeah, old and unfunny memes for the win!!

BtCE

Smash Rookie
Guys, it really isn't worth arguing over, it will be either true or false. The reasons why don't matter at this point in time because nobody knows for sure. I say wait until Sakurai makes an announcement, and if that doesn't happen then wait until the games come out. Everyone has an opinion - regardless of how valid/ idiotic or whatever we see the opinion as, we should respect that. Arguing over unproven, unvalidated information is just a waste of typing. Time is our friend. We'll know in less than 3 weeks, and in the grand scheme of things, that isn't much time. We should all just try to respect each other and relax, it's just a game, and we don't need flame wars to solve this.

Would you just do everyone a huge favor and shut the hell up already? :\

Fixed.

10char

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I'm one of those people that can strongly believe in something, and if it isn't true, then I just go on with what I normally do, which is not care and forget about it. The only thing I could possibly get ticked off at is another delay in brawl. I support you and Tfox.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
I did refute your **** argument but you kept repeating the same thing over and over again, so what else am I supposed to do?
I'm sorry, "refute" was the wrong word. In any case, nothing that has been stated is holding water, so why argue.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Then obviously you're an idiot when it comes to common sense and social standards.

For ****'s sake...

Seriously, get out, you disgust me. No one wants you to stink up the thread with ***gotry.
Calm down dude... jesus...

This rumor is either true or false. Thats all there is to it.

It isnt worth arguing this much about. havent we had enough with speculation?

spindash

Smash Ace
Guys, it really isn't worth arguing over, it will be either true or false. The reasons why don't matter at this point in time because nobody knows for sure. I say wait until Sakurai makes an announcement, and if that doesn't happen then wait until the games come out. EVerone has an opinion - regardless of how valid/ idiotic or whatever we see the opinion as, we should respect that. Arguing over unproven, unvalidated information is just a waste of typing. Time is our friend. We'll know in less than 3 weeks, and in the grand scheme of things, that isn't much time. We should all just try to respect each other and relax, it's just a game, and we don't need flame wars to solve this.
Thank you. That's all I practically have to say right now. I personally am inclined to believe this rumor, but not once have I forgotten that this is just a video game.

I miss the days where people could just debate instead of resorting to immaturely insulting one another. Luke? This is directed at you. You could really show some more respect. Just constantly claiming how arguments are "garbage" or "they need to leave the thread in shame" or calling them ***gots, will not help you in the long run of things. It actually puts you lower then the ones that you are arguing with.

[EDIT]

Thanks for the fix, Wang. :p

Rakath

Smash Ace
So... because Mewtwo has a Trophie, he can't be playable? You don't suppose, maybe, just maybe, he could have TWO Trophies? The first in game Trophie being about his Pokemon appearance, and his second one being about how he's the first character you get via DLC?

Or, maybe, here's another cool idea, DLC Characters don't get Classic mode Trophies and that in the America/PAL versions Mewtwo Challenge Trophie is not in Challenge mode anymore?

Or that we don't know, and your attempts to prove you do know look silly. For all we know Mewtwo and Roy might not get any Trophies at all (from Classic/All Star), they aren't primary 35 cast.

Zek

Smash Ace
lol...

First of all, the Mewtwo trophy is absolutely a valid argument against a playable Mewtwo. Why would Sakurai have included a run-of-the-mill trophy for Mewtwo if he knew they were going to give him a set of playable trophies later?

More importantly, sorry but this essay proves nothing. It's nice that you believe him, ChronoBound, but for your handful of examples of leakers that were right all along, there were dozens that sounded equally plausible, nobody believed them and they turned out to be liars. There's nothing to make this rumor sound more credible than all the rest. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but right now there's just no evidence and I think it's wrong to get people's hopes up for such a long shot.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I miss the days where people could just debate instead of resorting to immaturely insulting one another. Luke? This is directed at you.
I wasn't insulting anyone. If they took it as an insult then that's up to them. Facts are facts and I just had to say them.
You could really show some more respect. Just constantly claiming how arguments are "garbage" or "they need to leave the thread in shame" or calling them ***gots, will not help you in the long run of things. It actually puts you lower then the ones that you are arguing with.
Well I just stated the simple fact that their arguments are, indeed, garbage and are shameful (hence why they should leave the thread in shame). I'm sorry, but it is. I could go into detail but it would be a waste since all they would do is repeat their **** piece of garbage arguments in the first place.
**** straight I'm angry. You need to stop existing, and quite frankly I do NOT tolerate it.

That was you one page ago.

>_>
Like I said I was just joking. JOKING. What do you not read? Can you not comprehend some words in English or something?

I'm mostly disgusted, though.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Imagine the potential of this thread if people didn't flee from the sheer sight at the wall of text. Nice essay, I can't imagine how my teachers feel when they read my piece of crap essays.

In my opinion, I don't see any chance of DLC but I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong =)

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Discussions are productive when both sides respect each other and keep cool heads. Also foul language does not help you, censored or not.

People can debate the most heated things successfully by doing this. Keep this in consideration.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
So... because Mewtwo has a Trophie, he can't be playable? You don't suppose, maybe, just maybe, he could have TWO Trophies? The first in game Trophie being about his Pokemon appearance, and his second one being about how he's the first character you get via DLC?

Or, maybe, here's another cool idea, DLC Characters don't get Classic mode Trophies and that in the America/PAL versions Mewtwo Challenge Trophie is not in Challenge mode anymore?

Or that we don't know, and your attempts to prove you do know look silly. For all we know Mewtwo and Roy might not get any Trophies at all (from Classic/All Star), they aren't primary 35 cast.
If I may comment on the trophy thing.

Mewtwo's trophy is just... Mewtwo. If he were to be playable, what would his classic/allstar trophy look like? You can't have two regular Mewtwo trophies. They have to be different in some way, like how Toon Link's other trophy is specific to Wind Waker.

Rakath

Smash Ace
lol...

First of all, the Mewtwo trophy is absolutely a valid argument against a playable Mewtwo. Why would Sakurai have included a run-of-the-mill trophy for Mewtwo if he knew they were going to give him a set of playable trophies later?

More importantly, sorry but this essay proves nothing. It's nice that you believe him, ChronoBound, but for your handful of examples of leakers that were right all along, there were dozens that sounded equally plausible, nobody believed them and they turned out to be liars. There's nothing to make this rumor sound more credible than all the rest. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but right now there's just no evidence and I think it's wrong to get people's hopes up for such a long shot.
The essay indeed proves nothing. However you also prove nothing, and your arguement isn't valid just because you say it is. Since the idea of Mewtwo and Roy being in the game in Japan as DLC translates to new and different ground you cannot expect the labels of what makes a playable character in the standard run as a counter arguement.

If Mewtwo was a playable character in every means, but had no part in SSE, was never a Classic or All Star enemy, and never gave you a Trophie for beating Classic or All Star, I doubt anyone would mind.

@Nuvia: The "Mewtwo has a Trophy" thing is perplexing, but doesn't dispell the rumor outright. It could be that English will have a different Trophy take Mewtwo's place in Challenge and Japan's game lacks the Classic-All Star set mentality for the pair of DLCs. I'm not sure, but I'm not going to make the same mistake of "Robot was shown as a nameless NPC, there's no way he's going to be palyable" again and just dismiss this idea.

Granted, I'm not too sure on it being true either, but I'm certainly not sure on it being false. As so far there is nothing to prove nor disprove it outright.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Discussions are productive when both sides respect each other and keep cool heads.
There's NOTHING respectable about the side they're on.

Hell, no one should be on a specific side. I'm not. I'm neutral about this, and I just look at the facts. And the fact of the manner is that Tfox is most likely legit than false as tons of haters, backed up by terrible reasons, claim.
Also foul language does not help you, censored or not.
"Foul" language makes no difference than regular language. I use it casually all the time, what's the problem with it?
Yeah, calling someone a f*ggot is in no way insulting. Good point.
I agree.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Why do I need to calm down if I'm not even angry in the first place?
You just said you were and you were cussing all over the place. Anyways, just thought I'd give my two cents. Take it or leave it.

EDIT: Okay, you said you were joking. Either way, it seemed to me that you were cause of all the cussing. I'm just making a suggestion, that's all.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
"Foul" language makes no difference than regular language. I use it casually all the time, what's the problem with it?.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother checking these boards when they're filled with this.

I can't really see your argument for the mewtwo trophy as at all logical, it wouldn't be hard for them to add more trophies with the character. Personally? I don't think it will happen, but I hope it does.

BtCE

Smash Rookie
If this is about making your opinion known, Luke, I find the best way is to say it calmly. Perhaps you are calm, and your typing is just trying to reflect the powerful belief you hold in your opinion, but perhaps the best manner you can "argue" is by typing out a message and a calm and reflective way. Respect is a powerful tool - it's not that you have to respect anyone who disagrees with you, it's that you can. I'm trying to respect you by giving you my opinion in a friendly manner (I hope you respond in an equally friendly way), so perhaps if you want to continue emphasizing your opinion, you could maybe do it in more of a "debate" mode than an "angry" mode (and I don't know if you ARE angry about this, but the manner in which you are posting comes off that way). Anyway, as my very first post on this topic said, nothing is really worth arguing over, so can we all try and get along?

Top Bottom