• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
wretched wants to pick up dedede cuz hes winning all the tourneys lol. but forreal, i can teach you the d3 falco match up. its my most practiced see all i do is play with is cocm and slash

and mashi, awesome! but sadly, i have to sit this one out cuz i have a show to play in richmond that day. :( text me those details so i can post a thread soon

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Fear is fear. And fear still holds you back.

Thats discouraging. Low tiers are only low because of their weaknesses, if you know how to overcome weakness, you can have them stand up against almost anything.

Also, you still don't have the hang of the edit button do you? =/
1. If I did not 'fear' ICs chain grabs I would play a completely different kind of game against ICs that puts me in a closer distance. Knowing that ICs have that weapon and if done perfectly I lose a stock, I play a different kind of game tailored specifically against that character. Fearing one specific move when I have a massive amount of other options, and staying away from getting hit by that move, is honestly pretty healthy. Guess you don't understand completely what I'm trying to say, but I know I'm not explaining it perfectly either.

2. I used to main Ike, and when I did, my Ike wasn't like, AMAZING, but it wasn't half bad either. Unless you started playing Brawl and maining a low tier when the game came out, you're going to have issues. You will never be able to deal with high tiers and even some mids at the highest levels of play. If you're in it to win, play something high or higher mid. If you don't care about throwing tons of money in pots, never winning, and it won't make you depressed ever losing a match you knew you would have won without your character's weaknesses, play whatever you want.

How many low tiers do you see consistantly winning in higher populated areas? I can think of exactly one, and if you have the ability to read people/situations as perfectly as San does, feel free to play whatever you want.

Famous

Smash Champion
I won a few going all mario/luigi...Was on the md/va PR once...in 08!!! xD

Won numerous MM's, beat pro players, etc...Ima Starman so I have to...

Just have to learn the MU and gain experience if you want to win "unwinnable" MU's

Lol, San is the only Ike that wins tournies or places high in nationals...You just have to learn from his examples...

Genosync

Smash Cadet
The main reason San is so good with Ike is his ability to read people. Give him 2-3 months on something else with better tools and he'd be destroyig even more so--he plays what he wants and doesn't care about tiers because he's been using him forever and he has fun. If he really cared about WINNING MLG he'd switch to something else.

Also, Luigi is not low tier, point is moot.

What I'm trying to break down and explain here is that to pick up a sole main, and make it a low tier at this stage in the metagame, is asking for a world of disappointment.

D0N

Smash Ace
mario is low tier (if you were talking about famous)... only cuz of DK though :).

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
The main reason San is so good with Ike is his ability to read people. Give him 2-3 months on something else with better tools and he'd be destroyig even more so--he plays what he wants and doesn't care about tiers because he's been using him forever and he has fun. If he really cared about WINNING MLG he'd switch to something else.

Also, Luigi is not low tier, point is moot.

What I'm trying to break down and explain here is that to pick up a sole main, and make it a low tier at this stage in the metagame, is asking for a world of disappointment.
i heard reading people is really good

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I play sanford quite often and ive played him in grand finals in tournaments here. While he has a really good ability to read i think the biggest factor in his wins lie within the opponent not knowing all of ikes options. Ike has alot of option in situations that alot of people dont know about. And when ike takes advantage of that it is really good. His attacks are good, he has low lag on alot of his attacks, his jab is amazing, recovery is pretty solid, and he lives long with the ability to kill well. Ike is middle of mid-tier at most and in the right hands is capable of doing work.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Recovery is not all that "solid", but still an advanced Ike does have pretty decent options especially when you fully grasp when to and when not to QD, as well as 'how high?' and 'how low?'.

But yeah I still hate on my Ike.

D0N

Smash Ace
i dunno... i use to think wolf's recovery was trash until i played a really good one. And some people still feel DK is super easy to spike.

D0N

Smash Ace
if anyone wants to carpool to nova next saturday, call me. if you dont have my number, pm me for it

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I dont have room for that.
LOL Aight. Imma enter then. :D

Also gonna try to bring out a couple of people to tournies around here. Got 2 of the 3 people I wanted to ask on campus to go. Any cheers for the guy trying to expand our community?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
doom to hax:

neutral:
battlefield
yoshi's island
smashville
lylat
pokemon stadium

couter:
final destination
castle seige
delfino plaza
halberd
frigate orpheon
jungle japes
rainbow cruise
brinstar

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Lylat neutral over fd? Ehhhhhhhhhh

I don't know man, I'm not sure, but I'm not opposed to trying it out, interested to see what happens

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Interesting layout. Japes should be taken out. Most definitely since you have a dk currently ****** your region.

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
gayer characters can be used on japes than dk sk. o btw this is alonzo or zo to everyone else sk =P

Famous

Smash Champion
FD is gay against characters like Falco...You have no stage control against his camping whatsoever....Lylat isnt bad despite the stage tilting...

DK is decent on Japes but his best stage is still Yoshi's...

If I'm ever CP'ed to japes I'm just going to Super Cape Camp :p

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Why would yoshis be his best stage? i hope your not referring the his invincibility upB that can be prevent extremely easy and punished even easier. While i do agree its a good dk stage and most likely a very likely counterpick but i believe only cp yoshis if japes is banned. and id also say picto is his second best cp (next to japes) but you dont have that legal.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i dunno. not my tourney. lolx he just wanted to try it so i said sure i'll post for him.

D0N

Smash Ace
I never even went to japes last tourney anyway (lucky for you guys lol)... Either stage can be better, it depends on the opponent. Overall id say japes for sure though.

up-b thing is still good just for the ledge option. You dont just do it mindlessly unless the opponent doesnt know what to do.

D0N

Smash Ace
Double posting to say I may be at MLG... 90% sure i just gotta work out a minor detail. I'll still show for the tourney sunday

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Really need that thread made way super early so I can toss the link around aib and stuff. Lots of VB Chesapeake ppl on there that would come out but gotta be able to advertise properly.

CpE_Wahoo

Smash Rookie
Double posting to say I may be at MLG... 90% sure i just gotta work out a minor detail. I'll still show for the tourney sunday
Nice! I'm still a scrub, but I'll be playing there for fun. I got a free Halo pass because I competed in an event last year, but they let me switch it to a Brawl pass.

D0N

Smash Ace
Nice! I'm still a scrub, but I'll be playing there for fun. I got a free Halo pass because I competed in an event last year, but they let me switch it to a Brawl pass.
Cool, see you there. Get as much experience as you can.

D0N

Smash Ace
Tomorrow in Raleigh NC... its a last minute decision I made like 2 days ago. it costs 35$. Im not sure when the next when is, but it's in DC. I have to leave from school tomorrow after class in order to pick up my player pass on time.

Sorry Famous :(

CpE_Wahoo

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I would've offered SoVA people to come with, but I've got an almost full car, and we're leaving from Charlottesville since I'm here at school.

Mark down October 15-17 for MLG DC.

Top Bottom