• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

Genosync

Smash Cadet
I think that Wretched is gonna end up maining ddd like he thought. Pretty solid base he has--maybe you can mentor him a little h4x, because I don't know anything about ddd except how to screw over Ike with him.

Famous

Smash Champion
I cant make this one either since I have work...THOUGH I AM OFF THIS SATURDAY AND NEXT SATURDAY..There is a tourney In MD/VA tomorrow that I'm trying to go to...Anyone interested in going? Its a 2-3 hour drive btw...I'll pay for all the gas expenses..I'll also pay for your food/housing/ whatever else....It's Saturday people!! I'm trying to get some playtime in for this month Q.Q

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I cant make this one either since I have work...THOUGH I AM OFF THIS SATURDAY AND NEXT SATURDAY..There is a tourney In MD/VA tomorrow that I'm trying to go to...Anyone interested in going? Its a 2-3 hour drive btw...I'll pay for all the gas expenses..I'll also pay for your food/housing/ whatever else....It's Saturday people!! I'm trying to get some playtime in for this month Q.Q
Wait, its that tourney next saturday? The crewfest right?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
D0n Placed 49th. He lost to kadaj in losers bracket Lol. And kadaj lost to atomsk. Might have gotten farther in losers had atom not get dq'd into losers bracket.

D0N

Smash Ace
I lost to Vinnie (The NY G&W) and Kadaj. Vinnie was terrible, he plays Will alot and has alot of practice. It was a 2stock then JV 3. Kadaj was Kadaj lol, we didnt really want to play obviously. He 3stocked me game 1 with Marth then it went to last hit game 2 with MK.

Other than them, the first guy in losers never showed, the second was Princess Aura, and the third was Phatboy in Round 4 losers.

D0N

Smash Ace
RBman if you can get to me or Famous then you can ride with me. Otherwise you are to far out of the way. Just talk to me about it today and we'll figure it out.

and G&W

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Of course I can get over there or I wouldn't have mentioned it at all.

I'll call at the end of the day when all the events are over.

EDIT: I wont be making it out to the tourney today.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Couldn't make it last minute again.

GF promised to go with me to next one or whenever we get together next on the weekend.

Sorry again. Really wanted to get the practice in too! Pitzer probably mad at me for not showing again so we could practice on our dubs--well, I mean even start on our dubs. =( sorry, just had something too important that I needed to take care of.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
rubberband whipped my ***.
I lost to almost everyone.
I played melee and I don't think im going to spend any more money on brawl. I'll show for friendlies and stuff but im trash at this game now, and i don't think I'm going to get any better.
but i'm going to pound definitely. if you brawl-onlyers want i can teach you how to play melee before pound.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Dude, don't give up. You gotta get whooped to get better. Just practice the basics more, thats what makes you better in brawl.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
rubberband whipped my ***.
I lost to almost everyone.
I played melee and I don't think im going to spend any more money on brawl. I'll show for friendlies and stuff but im trash at this game now, and i don't think I'm going to get any better.
but i'm going to pound definitely. if you brawl-onlyers want i can teach you how to play melee before pound.
wut's wif all the negative talk.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
oh, uh its not negative. I just am not as avid about brawl now. Im going to redirect my finances towards melee.
Believe me, I know what I'm doing
I'm seriousface ._.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh no it was of my own accord. It has nothing to do with any individual. It doesnt have much to do iwth the tourney in general actually.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Play matches with me for a month or so--and play serious. You'd get better **** fast.

Hell, even playing wifi would make you better as long as you don't develop wifi roll habit. All is Brawl is not that terrible--I'm typically in Free Play every night just practicing certain things and not taking people seriously. I have only actually used MK offline four times--once earlier this year at Rusty's, first ToD, and at my smashfest, and playing against you, Wretched. CPU practice +wifi is what I do...

All it is is playing more. Plus you seemed to have liked B-, and that's becoming semi-popular too. Project M probably gonna replace Melee anyway..!

Edit:

Also like I said before and D0n reiterated for me, if you think you're gonna suck, you're gonna suck. Now I know you're going to need a lot of practice, don't get me wrong, you know that yourself, but if you're thinking already that you can't catch up then you're not going to no matter how many hours you put in.

You *could* bring your DDD up, it'd just take some time and lot of work. You'll be frustrated a lot and constantly hitting brick walls.

If you don't wanna play, it's up to you--but know that trying to go back and play Melee again now is going to invite the same brick walls for you to slam into.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Its like what Geno said.

If you don't want to spend money on the tourney, I feel you. My funds running tight as well, just keep playing friendlies and get better. Wifi is a better training spot tbqh, because you're pretty much playing with a big handicap (no powershielding, low SDI/DI, gotta predict rolls/spotdodges) just playing wifi against good people for a couple months and you'll get much better faster.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
you should also watch certain players to learn some of the things they do. when i don't feel like playing i usually study matches and watch mistakes that players tend to make and think about what you can do in that situation.

also since you say you play melee, we should play sometime.
i rarely touch melee, yet i can still play the game and do everything i kno how to do.

D0N

Smash Ace
The bi weekly was a bit of a disapointment imo... we had like 7 NEW FACES who left cuz we didnt start on time and had one set up. and still no TIO :ohwell:

Since a results thread will probly not happen...

1) D0N
2) D3son
3) Carlos (RBMs beast sonic friend)
4) Zo
5) dragoncharlez
9 entrants again

shoutout to Carlos for jab locking my fox twice in friendlies among other things... I was happy to see another talented player :). and RBM for getting him out

Top Bottom