• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hed be better if he ate some skill sandwhiches

im so down to go to pound 4! i think crew fest is the first weekend in september, slash, wernt you talking about wanting to go to md/va around then??

and.... so do you guys wanna try anything with this new stage list? the way they set up the neutrals is interesting.

heres the link again
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282814

D0N

Smash Ace
BBR is a big deal.

EDIT @ Don: idk, since I've heard melee were pretty flamey toward brawl players. :/
I quoted this before and said nothing lol. I meant to ask if this was a serious response...? You should just play your own game and let them do the same.

As for the rules, just keep the stages we have I say.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Let's try 7 stage strike list with suggested list.

* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island
* Smashville
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium
* Final Destination
* Castle Siege

And then added for CPs:
* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Brinstar

And include these from group 2/3:
* Rainbow Cruise
* Jungle Japes
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Green Greens

My thoughts on RC is that there's a lot of characters that benefit from it (and not just MK and if you've noticed I don't CP it... pretty weird mirite).

Norfair is nofair and MK ***** too hard on that crap, and it cripples too many characters' games.

Pictochat's wind is ******** and the damage caused by the stage is not really something we should be going for in a competitive scene.

PS2 is honestly not as terrible as all of us think--the upward wind does not really put most characters at a disadvantage--especially against MK if he goes into helpless fall from being stupid, plus his airspeed is one of the slowest in the game.

Japes--the Falco CP of choice (learn to love this stage, Slash, if you don't already). Always been CP worthy--shouldn't change now.

Green Greens is coo too. I think a lot of people have gotten used to it from it being an MLG stage and it's not that bad--just that super low ceiling and gotta be careful not to get caught at a wall/SDI out.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm definitely up for Pound 5 (gj hax).

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
My recommended stages:

Neutral:
FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Lylat

CP:
Rainbow cruise, delfino, halberd, PS1, Japes, Castle siege, Frigate Orpheon, and Brinstar

To be honest if our biweeklies were only neutrals on random only I'd be fine

If you're not a low tier,
or a character that gets CG'd by D3
and you can't win on FD, BF, SV, YI(brawl), or Lylat

you're doing it wrong.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
What the... Why is brinstar even considered to be competetively viable? The lava gives an advantage to characters who can hang out in the air (meta) and makes gimping just a way to get one hit of lava damage, among other reasons.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yo anyone tryin to play tonight? we (slash, me, possibly cocm) are looking for somewhere to go.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You guys could play here but I only has one setup (on an HD tv :00000) unless you don't mind being in a small room with a medium tv.
Edit: Uh, well actually it wouldn't be bad cause we'd only have 3-4 people so we'd only need... I could get another tv if cocm comes.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ok cool, whats your address and number?

also, slash has a setup on him

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Pfuuh it's a negative. I live with a lot if people in a big house, but my brother in law doesn't want people here so late because he has to work. Sorreh. Any other time before 10 works though so if you need a place to play another day...

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ok, well thanks anyways dude! well def have to get together sometime

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I got an idea, since everyones talkin about the Greens. How bout we have a King of Green Greens tourney. O-NO and Toasty have done these in the past with Melee and they are pretty funny cuz u never kno what's gonna happen on the Greens.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Does o-no play brawl? I played his mad falco in melée
Also, mashi yursh I will show.
We really need to play because I hav bad news
I can't make it on sunday.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i could prolly pull off coming by mashi. might try to get a ride though, its a good 11 miles bike ride lol

dude id be down with a king of green greens tourney. or at least a side tourney. and when you gunna come out and play riku?

poop wretched!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
that's cool. who is trying to go tonight? just trying to get a quick head count. =]. also i only have 1 setup.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
i could prolly pull off coming by mashi. might try to get a ride though, its a good 11 miles bike ride lol

dude id be down with a king of green greens tourney. or at least a side tourney. and when you gunna come out and play riku?

poop wretched!
King of Green greens would be sweet :D

My exam is at 630pm now instead of 830, so whenever I'm done I'm down to play and I'll bring the full setup mashi

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Might not make it tomorrow--some of Gf's family I never met will be in town and might need to make an appearance. I'll text mashi or slash tmrw if I can't be there... If you get no text I'm showing up.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Might not make it tomorrow--some of Gf's family I never met will be in town and might need to make an appearance. I'll text mashi or slash tmrw if I can't be there... If you get no text I'm showing up.
Tell them to just go buy GC controllers and come enter the tourney with you, No johns!

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Tell them to just go buy GC controllers and come enter the tourney with you, No johns!
I've already tried to get her to play, but all she will do is spam ftilt with peach. She somehow managed to kill a lv7 CPU, so at least that was pretty good for a starter.

She refuses to play now though =( going to try to get her to come watch sometime.

Ready for tomorrow though--so if I don't show up it's not because of that ;)

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Also if anyone can find me good condition or I'd prefer new gc controllers and I buy one, I'll give you a 5 dollar money match against my Ike ;)

Top Bottom