• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

D0N

Smash Ace
I'm off August 1st fortunately so I'll be riding with DON to the tourney....

All I need now is a ride to APEX...
About that....

How many people want to go? Who wants to drive there? We can share a hotel with 5 others from GA including Big Lou and some other good players... the more people who go the cheaper the hotel.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
ayeee My man Don stepping it up for the community :D
THO I ENCOURAGE YOU GUYS TO REG NOW!!!! YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL THE 30th TO DO SO!!

SPECTATOR FEE CAN BE PAID IN PERSON BUT I STRONGLY CONSIDER PARTICIPATION AND AT LEAST TO ENTER SINGLES.

yes SoVA its that important, Don I know Rob and Pitzer want to go no idea on who else

D0N

Smash Ace
The only person to speak up so far is Famous. Nobody else? H4X? Slash? (If you guys team, go with hack & slash lol)

Pitzer kadaj said you want to so let me know for sure via post/pm/something.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The only person to speak up so far is Famous. Nobody else? H4X? Slash? (If you guys team, go with hack & slash lol)

Pitzer kadaj said you want to so let me know for sure via post/pm/something.
Like I want to go but i have to ask my parents. If I tell them I got a ride that could make a yes possible.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ya doods, i was soooo planning on going, but my financial situation isnt looking so good lately :/

Famous

Smash Champion
He's talking about Apex....

Hopefully I'll be riding with Otis to Apex so I'm pretty much set for that...

Tower of Doom Tomorrow? Couldn't get in contact with DON lately...Probably mad busy but we should still be there

D0N

Smash Ace
I'm not going anymore though... especially since I got in an accident on the way back from GA :(

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea... I got side swipped by some lady not paying attention. She took my right rear view mirror out and got away with it by lying. Its taped down and usable for now but maaaan...

I'm not meesed up or anything myself tho.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
same thing happened to me recently DON the ***** then preceeded to flirt hardcore with the cop so he was like "Sorry i cant tell anyone is definitely at fault, nothin i can do"

I was so pissed.

D0N

Smash Ace
She was prolly old, white and feeble...Baked the cop some cookies and he pretend it never happened
same thing happened to me recently DON the ***** then preceeded to flirt hardcore with the cop so he was like "Sorry i cant tell anyone is definitely at fault, nothin i can do"

I was so pissed.
I think it was a combination of these :laugh:

Genosync

Smash Cadet
we shouldn't adopt this.

things that are abusable:

Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)
This means that, based on the wording, as long as I don't hit the ground while I'm invisible, I'm in the clear. I don't want to see this, ever. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
Leaving something up to "interpretation" (i.e. is this person stalling by not trying attack for such a long period of time) instead of a set of rules to define stalling (like not attempting to perform an attack that will HIT the opponent within a certain period of time, i.e. 30s-1min) is not a good practice.

Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites.
Did everyone forget about DDD's infinite against DK? No, get this **** out.

The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.
On one hand, let's ban stalling, and on the other, let's forget that people can plank and abuse ledges.

Any way they do this, it's going to benefit MK anyway. Whatever, even if I play MK, you're never going to see me plank like a *******.

and finally my comments on stage list:

Starter/Counter

* Battlefield - ok
* Yoshi's Island - ok
* Smashville - ok

* Lylat Cruise - lylat is less neutral than FD, put FD here wtf?
* Pokémon Stadium - ok

* Final Destination - switch with lylat, move lylat to halberd, put halberd here
* Castle Siege - k I guess but still this should never be a neutral due to the second stage change and the same issues with the 3rd as lylat

* Delfino Plaza - ... we're grasping for straws here people
* Halberd - move to slot #6, lylat goes here

Counterpick

* Luigi's Mansion - god no, MK and Olimar abuse
* Norfair - MK abuse, but this does help ganon a little... but who gives a **** about ganon
* Frigate Orpheon - k
* Pokémon Stadium 2 - k, dunno why this is banned everywhere
* Port Town Aero Dive - come the **** on. Hole in the middle of the stage? cars zooming across and blowing people's **** up? We're playing a fighting game mother****ers, not F-Zero
* Distant Planet - another "I don't know why this was banned". DDD's chaingrab kill is kinda messed up on the left side, so you have to just avoid getting grabbed there. shouldn't be given a loss for stalling if the D3 sits on the left side of the stage and throws waddle dees the whole time.
* Pictochat - arguable due to the wind stage change and the missile damage.
* Jungle Japes - k
* Rainbow Cruise - k
* Green Greens - k
* Brinstar - k

Counter/Banned

* Yoshi's Island (Melee) - **** no
* Pirate Ship - arugable again due to no "real" bottom at any time. isn't really that bad but I can see some people having issues with that

That's my two cents.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
idk maybe we can do a trial run with this bull**** stage list at a smashfest or something

the stages are not as ****ing terrible as I thought before but this **** still benefits MK way too much

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Haters gonna hate. Dont be salty ladies and gentlemen. The rules are gay but we cant confirmed 100% gayness till we get it a try.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
I'll try and set something up for sometime in September on a Saturday or Sunday. My weekends are pretty much booked solid for this month as is.

Famous

Smash Champion
Haters gonna hate. Dont be salty ladies and gentlemen. The rules are gay but we cant confirmed 100% gayness till we get it a try.
No ledge grab rule and infinites legal? Can't get any gayer than that...Brawl would regress If that ruleset becomes final...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hax! got tourney confirmation! august 15th. same time. please put in doom thread. also we can bring as many setups as we can. same information as last tourney.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
bi weeklies on sundays? This is starting to sound pretty good

you think they'd be opposed to opening the room up a little early for us so we could do dubs?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
bi weeklies on sundays? This is starting to sound pretty good

you think they'd be opposed to opening the room up a little early for us so we could do dubs?
Man sundays are killing me, I got church and whatnot. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, As oppose to teams. We should come earlier so we can accomplish it, I dont like round robins tbh.

Famous

Smash Champion
I thought Mashi wanted to team for tower of doom but he didn't...Haven't decided who I'm teaming with this time...If I'm going

Top Bottom