• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Im #1 with Mk lol, beating my little rinky dink characters is cool and all but itd be pretty absurd to equate it with beating the best player in the region, im probably like somewhere in the top 5

-Googs

Smash Lord
i know i agree, I just like wompin about being unranked. I think anyone who loses to me should fall on the PR...cause you know...im not even ranked. *Cough jMo*

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Aiight ya'll. Here's what's good with the PR

[Professionalism]
  1. The PR gets updated by text for speed purposes mainly, and then by visual since it’s proven that the amount of time it takes to create a visual is far too great. This could be remedied if someone else with decent photo shop/graphic design skills stepped up and could consistently make PR visuals within the 3-5 days of the update. No one has offered that service so we’re working with what we got, which is Gichan’s girlfriend.
  2. The PR that is currently in the OP is 1.5 updates old. For reference on what the most recent PR is, search the latest post in this thread that says “THE NEW PR” at the top.
  3. The current PR (as of September 20th, 2011) is as follows (this is from post #1165)

• a. Toronto Joe
    • b. [YRSF] Tin Man
    • c. Meekspeedy
    • d. Hype
    • e. i1337
    • f. Sauc3
    • g. Iliad
    • h. Cruxis
    • i. V115
    • j. Poke

With Honourable Mentions as follows: cMeDu, Gichan, Mr.L, Phiddlesticks, Zhao

4. As for the next PR update, I personally don’t know when it will happen. The panellists haven’t really talked amongst each other about it. I could attempt to set up a meeting for us, but I’m not sure how that will turn out due to the others not being able to return texts in a timely manner for some reason :c.
  5. Oakville will count, but not on equal terms as No Bull**** 2. No BS 2 is satisfies the quota for a tournament to be highly affected. Solid attendance in both quantity and quality. Oakville doesn’t come close to that.
  6. There is no special treatment for anyone. This is referring to the MK ban. You beat an individual and the character they use is irrelevant. Basically a loss is a loss and a win is a win.
  7. The frequency of updates depends on the frequency of tournaments. There is no timeline that the panellists have set. It’s very “play it by ear”. Ideally we’ll tell the public when the next update is going to be released, but as I stated in point 4, there has been very minimal if any communication about the PR since the last update.
  8. The current topics that need to be discussed include
    • The conversion from the Beast Wars PR to the Mugshot PR
    • The date for the next PR update.
    • Adding Meekspeedy as a Panelist

Not much needs to be talked about. This is just out here so that the public understands what goals the panellists are trying to achieve.

9. I hope these points answer any and all of the questions that have been asked.
  10. Sorry for the late reply :ohwell:
[/Professionalism]
And those 10 bullets make da new PR update :troll:

Get @ the n** :troll:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i can help with making the PR image, since the mugshot thing was my idea anywayyyy

im also sayin each member should have a theme song link!!!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
my credentials are years of extensive Microsoft Paint experience

btw, now that MK is banned, i want a place on the PR, so dont kick me off just cause im in egypt alrite?
we need my sexy self on that mugshot PR anyway or itll collapse.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Ofc he's got photoshop skills... He made a css after all.

:phone:

Patches

Smash Master
Tin, but with the recent MK ban, where does that leave certain players? Kinda ****ed. So you're basically saying " You main MK? TOO BAD. HAR HAR. "

That's ****ing ********.

Edit: You're basically giving a big " **** you ", to Hype, Sauce, Joe and cMeDu.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hype has a Marth to fall back on.

Sauce has numerous characters.

Joe has a legit Fox I want to see more of.

cMeDu has Falco/Wolf to fall back on.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
@Cruxis: We'll talk

Tin, but with the recent MK ban, where does that leave certain players? Kinda ****ed. So you're basically saying " You main MK? TOO BAD. HAR HAR. "

That's ****ing ********.

Edit: You're basically giving a big " **** you ", to Hype, Sauce, Joe and cMeDu.
That's an emotional argument, and it has no place in an objective system :ohwell: (or else the system would collapse).

Patches

Smash Master
All Im saying is give them a tournament or two to get back in touch with those other characters they have so they have a fighting chance.

@dirt: the majority of their wins are from MK tho
:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
after i come back and the ban is permanently in place i am actually gonna get serious about this ****, no more MK means no more going to tourneys hung over or with no sleep or not caring, time to get serioussss about thiss

sauc3

Smash Lord
my last 2 placings had nothing to do with mk (even at the mk legal tourney, i only won with ddd/samus/kirby)

also, if you want, I can do anything in photoshop,

double also, css is webdesign pidgezero lol

@cruxis: watch out for the samus's and yoshis out there

Cruxis

Smash Lord
css is custom select screen

also come at me kurt bro $50 MM when im back?????? you down???!?!???

also go look at the GTAN thread i posted ur samus pic

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, was thinking cascading style sheets, my bad, and cruxis i barely have enough money to buy fries at licks to sustain me for the day, i will mm you, i don't think i've ever had 50$ on me at a tourney lol

sweet about the samus pic, ima check it out

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the frequency we updated the pr in past times was inconsistent and sometimes really stupid, hopefully we clear that up with the new season, or atleast i aim to do that

i mean as far as the shift with the mk ban, we shouldnt have a pr til ATLEAST 2 tourneys are held that are deemed to have weight on the PR, if we jump into things the seeding will be ******** and there wont be any consistency, we all have a rough idea of who is where so this shouldnt create any conflicts, and the loser bracket pool thing will be helpful in future debates

personally im ok with not being considered 1st with the mk ban,i mean i proved everything i had to already in terms of this region and im still focusing my efforts on apex, we'll see what happens in the future but as of right now with the exception of mk i play this game very casually

edit: to clarify, i think the season should start fresh with SiD5 and go from there, it makes no sense to continue off the existing pr if from the impression im getting from tin is despite character usage a loss is a loss,especially when you factor in the mk ban, also tin you need to learn to not make posts that speak for the PR as a whole as none of us contributed to that post, i admire your leadership in the community but i dont need to be spoken for

does what i said sound fair to you guys?? any input is good!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i agree with the start fresh and I think it should be after Apex once the ban is permanently in place. I also think that TO should have another MK-Legal tourney one last time before the ban is put into effect.

trying to shift from a MK-legal PR to a MK-Banned PR, but still retaining the MK players ranking which was based on the results they got from maining MK is difficult.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i think everyone should just post what they think the pr should be
i'll start:

1. V115
2-10. *****es who have no idea how to fight an aggressive good player in GTA

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
i'll start:

1. V115
Just wait till I face V in tourney again.

Wait'll he gets out-aggro'd.

Especially by me of all people.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Well thanks for ignoring my claims on me being ranked/people losing to me being important tinman! Again you show why you're ignorant and dumb.

Joe's idea sounds like a good idea imo considering most of the events are gonna be mk-banned now, it only makes sense to reset the PR with a new set of rules.

Let me put it this way, if your not going to rank me, when people lost to me they better be lowered on the PR....considering i'm unranked.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Tin laying out some legit stuff right there

@ Googs, I think to be ranked as a gta player, you have to actually play in gta tournaments regularly, and complain less.

sauc3 said:
i'll start:

1. V115
^also this

Tin Man

Smash Hero
the frequency we updated the pr in past times was inconsistent and sometimes really stupid, hopefully we clear that up with the new season, or atleast i aim to do that

i mean as far as the shift with the mk ban, we shouldnt have a pr til ATLEAST 2 tourneys are held that are deemed to have weight on the PR, if we jump into things the seeding will be ******** and there wont be any consistency, we all have a rough idea of who is where so this shouldnt create any conflicts, and the loser bracket pool thing will be helpful in future debates

personally im ok with not being considered 1st with the mk ban,i mean i proved everything i had to already in terms of this region and im still focusing my efforts on apex, we'll see what happens in the future but as of right now with the exception of mk i play this game very casually

edit: to clarify, i think the season should start fresh with SiD5 and go from there, it makes no sense to continue off the existing pr if from the impression im getting from tin is despite character usage a loss is a loss,especially when you factor in the mk ban, also tin you need to learn to not make posts that speak for the PR as a whole as none of us contributed to that post, i admire your leadership in the community but i dont need to be spoken for

does what i said sound fair to you guys?? any input is good!
  1. I brought up the idea to start a new season but it was shut down mainly for 2 reasons.
    • It ruins the accomplishments of the people on the pr
    • We're not presented with the same situation we were when we started a new season.
    If this meeting goes through tonight we can further discuss this among the panellists.
  2. We are an organization, and in that we all take responsibility for the decisions made by that organization even if we voted against them. Everything I posted was the results of our decisions. I simply posted the current state, and answered questions based on the rules we set out. I don't need to learn to speak for myself since I already have that ability and I know how to use it thank you very much :glare:.

Well thanks for ignoring my claims on me being ranked/people losing to me being important tinman! Again you show why you're ignorant and dumb.

Joe's idea sounds like a good idea imo considering most of the events are gonna be mk-banned now, it only makes sense to reset the PR with a new set of rules.

Let me put it this way, if your not going to rank me, when people lost to me they better be lowered on the PR....considering i'm unranked.
Tin laying out some legit stuff right there

@ Googs, I think to be ranked as a gta player, you have to actually play in gta tournaments regularly, and complain less.
^ This. You resort to hostility way too much around me for no good reason. Iunno what I ever did to you but that's another story.

The Panellists never counted No BS 1 since it was a gimmick tourney at the time. Other than that, your other tourneys were CoD and SiD 1. The vote wasn't unanimous, however it was decided not to count you since you weren't going to stay here. I can tell you my opinion, and I was in favour of having you ranked. Hopefully tingz will be different next summer. You've done well for yo self.

Gluck at school, and we look forward to seeing u at tourneys whenever u can make it :).

fUddO

Smash Ace
i agree with the start fresh and I think it should be after Apex once the ban is permanently in place. I also think that TO should have another MK-Legal tourney one last time before the ban is put into effect.

trying to shift from a MK-legal PR to a MK-Banned PR, but still retaining the MK players ranking which was based on the results they got from maining MK is difficult.
This completely.

Top Bottom