• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
All this stupidity was obviously going to turn regular contributers away, and quite frankly it's disappointing, even though I saw it coming from a mile away.
We'll have a sensible period now, then it'll just all go to **** again and more people will leave. Then we'll more or less turn into the Jigglypuff boards.
I wonder why I come here myself sometimes, lol.

Anyway, question :

If Memphis has left (don't blame him, lol) who's going to organise the tournament results thread?

Carthology

Smash Rookie
Hi, this question goes out to anyone willing to answer. I read in another topic that Sonic's Usmash has invincibility frames. I didn't post in the same thread because that specific thread was not meant to discuss moves.

So does Sonic's Usmash really have invincibilty frames? Because when I've used it, I can still be hit.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
The search button is your best friend, when you want a question answered post it in here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200357

And yes it has invincibilty frames. So does the beginning of the hop of his side B and in parts of his up B. The frames appear when he's 'stuck' in mid air, spining. Not the jump or landing of the up smash. And no, you can't get hit out or recieve damage.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
His Up B has invincibility frames from when he leaves the spring until just over full hop height, just so's you know.

Carthology

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the explanation Chis, and thanks for that link, any more questions I have will go there.

ROOOY, I already knew about the Up B invincibilty frames, but thanks anyway =D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
All this stupidity was obviously going to turn regular contributers away, and quite frankly it's disappointing, even though I saw it coming from a mile away.
We'll have a sensible period now, then it'll just all go to **** again and more people will leave. Then we'll more or less turn into the Jigglypuff boards.
I wonder why I come here myself sometimes, lol.

Anyway, question :

If Memphis has left (don't blame him, lol) who's going to organise the tournament results thread?
I like the Jiggz boards.

btw, I ate steak for lunch today, it was delicious.

and can't someone just copypasta it as a new topic and get rid of memphis's?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I like Jigglypuff boards too ^_^
There's like...not even 10 people who are regular posters there though.
And even less who contribute anything.
Which is a shame, I'd like to learn stuff, cos Jiggz is the closest I've got to a secondary.

I'd run the thread if needs be, though I'm thinking that an American would handle it better, considering it's all about...y'know...American tournies.

On a related note, if I start attending Brawl tournaments (unlikely, I haven't played in weeks >_>) would they go on the tourney thread too? Or would it only be concerning American ones?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Which is a shame, I'd like to learn stuff, cos Jiggz is the closest I've got to a secondary.
lol, me too. So that makes me, you, and puff who secondary Jiggz? Nice. I went to there boards once and I remember seeing a Jiggz counters MK thread. It was teh lulz. I guess we should give it a couple more days, if Memphis is really gone for good, then we'll make a new thread. What about Teh Umby's Thread Index Zone? Not that it needs regular updates but still...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Let's not make anything yet.

1. We don't need to, nothing DESPERATELY needs updating.
2. They might come back.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont wanna make a new thread incase this turns out to be false...

but i think Sonic has a grab-release chaingrab on Ness for all %'s

Simply pummel him as fast as possible, once hes released buffer a dash grab and repeat across the stage for as long as you want. However ive looked into it a little deeper

Ness' quickest option to escape anything on the ground is his jab and dtilt, both of which im quite sure are on frame 3 (since they clank with sonics jab, also on frame 3) Now Sonics dash attack hits on frame 4, and a grab-release -> dash attack is a true combo for all %'s so sonic has at least 4 frames to work with at minimum by the time he is within Ness' range. My frame data indicates that a running grab comes out on frame 9 (quicker than a shield-cancelled dash into a grab) so this leaves ness with a maximum of only 2 frames for this CG to be escapable...

put simply, I will find out the number of frames ness is vulnerable from after a grab release to determine if this is escapable or not, but for the moment it looks inescapable to me. I had my brother mashing jab and dtilt from a release trying to stop it and the best he could get was a bit of damage, which the grab overrides anyway due to SA on grabs. When i did it properly (you can feel when youve done it properly, similarly to how you can do a mortarslide without looking, you just know the timing) he could not escape and i managed to get at least 4-5 regrabs per grab until i stuffed up. all in 1x training btw.

Another thing to note, marths regrab infinite on ness does not add up on the consecutive hit multiplier, so even though this CG doesnt add either, i still think its insacapable if done correctly.

---

it appears my dad has taken my camcorder until sunday so it will be a while until i can confirm anything on this, frame-wise :(

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm aussie for always being awake at the time you guys are posting, while everyone else is sleepin XD.

Interesting.. Grab release chain on ness... But then again, doesn't like everyone have one of those against him and lucas? =P jk

Now we're just waiting for that grab release on MK... Although I dont mind MK. Give me a grab release on Olimar, and then we're talking XD.

Browny

Smash Hater
some else confirm/deny my CG on ness lol i cant prove anything using fram data till sunday night >_<

Browny

Smash Hater
lol enough sillyness.

I think its a safe bet that sonic can indeed grab release chain grab Ness across the stage for all %'s. Testing in 1/4 I was able to get the consecutive hit counter to repeatedly increase every time i grabbed him and watching it as closely as possible, i think theres at least a 4 frame window for Sonic to stuff up in and still be safe. Its actually really easy. I mean i stuff up falcos CG more often than i do this one. Its also easier in full speed than it is 1/4.

Once i can confirm this all with frame data etc ill make a vid or something... but if anyone could try this themselves and let me know what they think that'd be good :)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
lol enough sillyness.

I think its a safe bet that sonic can indeed grab release chain grab Ness across the stage for all %'s. Testing in 1/4 I was able to get the consecutive hit counter to repeatedly increase every time i grabbed him and watching it as closely as possible, i think theres at least a 4 frame window for Sonic to stuff up in and still be safe. Its actually really easy. I mean i stuff up falcos CG more often than i do this one. Its also easier in full speed than it is 1/4.

Once i can confirm this all with frame data etc ill make a vid or something... but if anyone could try this themselves and let me know what they think that'd be good :)
As long as its relatively easy to do, then its awesome XD.

Now... does this work on anyone else =P Or at least, almost work?

Browny

Smash Hater
I doubt it. a while ago someone said it could possibly be done to wario and jiggs but its either too easy for sonic to stuff up or the enemy can get out by spamming jab/grab once released. Every other character cant be combo'd out of a GR.

in related news, neither DDD or falcos (the first regrab) CG registers as a consecutive hit in 1/4 or full speed no matter how many times i tried it (even vs bowser) while i just managed to get it to rise with sonics about 25% of the time in full speed

---

upon further inspection... it seems that almost every non-tether character can chaingrab ness across the stage :/

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah, it always seems that in our desperation of finding something that makes Sonic more viable we just figure out something that makes other characters more viable.

Browny

Smash Hater
nah disregard that. that was when i thought dtilt was his quicket escape, but spotdodge fast enough to escape even sonics unless its done perfectly, everyone else except marth and charizard he can escape im pretty sure

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
A couple things about "grinding". First off, you can up-smash out of it. Second, I made a post about it way back on page two, so I want to be credited for its discovery. As such, I'm hereby renaming it the Catfish_Mike slide.

That second part was a joke, for those of you who are
TOO SLOW

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
A couple things about "grinding". First off, you can up-smash out of it. Second, I made a post about it way back on page two, so I want to be credited for its discovery. As such, I'm hereby renaming it the Catfish_Mike slide.
Yeah. That's not new.

1) You can up-smash out of dash.
2) You're a tool
3) grinding is not useful
4) I don't like you.
5) only scrubs use the term "grinding"
6) you're a tool
7) grinding is simple a characteristic of Sonic's foxtrot.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yeah. That's not new.

1) You can up-smash out of dash.
2) You're a tool
3) grinding is not useful I disagree
4) I don't like you.

5) only scrubs use the term "grinding" I'm not a scrub
6) you're a tool
7) grinding is simple a characteristic of Sonic's foxtrot.
Answers in red.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I legit see no point in grinding at all.
Unless you're bored of spinshotting in the wi-fi waiting room and fancy something different.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nah disregard that. that was when i thought dtilt was his quicket escape, but spotdodge fast enough to escape even sonics unless its done perfectly, everyone else except marth and charizard he can escape im pretty sure
this was all figured out when the ness people tested this to begin with....

That second part was a joke, for those of you who are
TOO SLOW
i thought you were serious, and i actually like the name
Didn't I make a topic on it?
your topics suck

Top Bottom