• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy people are finally posting in this thread :') Anyways, I have to agree with Ekans647, we're either onto something, or we're just desperate.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Hmm these new details are very interesting, i want to believe something would come of them. But i cant help but think i might be disappointed in the end, well hopefully this does lead to a snake reveal. Im not sure if nintendo has the balls to show a full phantom pain trailer in their own event honestly lol

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm so happy people are finally posting in this thread :') Anyways, I have to agree with Ekans647, we're either onto something, or we're just desperate.
I say for sure Sakurai and Kojima has already discussed it about snake in smash. Only Sakurai and Kojima knows!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hmm these new details are very interesting, i want to believe something would come of them. But i cant help but think i might be disappointed in the end, well hopefully this does lead to a snake reveal. Im not sure if nintendo has the balls to show a full phantom pain trailer in their own event honestly lol
Why wouldn't they have the "balls" in showing a Phantom Pain trailer?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Eh, I think he should stay hunched because he's played as if he's in a stealth mission.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Why wouldn't they have the "balls" in showing a Phantom Pain trailer?
Possibly if kojima shows off more of the subject matter he knew might cause waves, like the red band trailer. Although they could make something similar to the one shown at the xbox conference that was edited a bit.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I hope it's not just a coincidence that the Konami conference is on the same day as the Smash Bros news instead of being on the day of the Sony conference.

Best case scenario:

They announce that The Phantom Pain is coming to WiiU after all (albeit with lowered graphics to accommodate the hardware), and then during the Smash Bros news, Snake is announced and his website page has a link to the WiiU version of TPP.

Seems a bit odd to use Solid Snake to advertise a game that stars Big Boss, but then again, Marth's page had a link to FE: Awakening.

----

lami

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Nintendo has the budget to pay Kiefer Sutherland to voice Snake.
They'll just reuse the Brawl voices. Also, if they're paying Geoff Keighley to host the invitational they probably have some money lying around.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I doubt Nintendo has the budget to pay Kiefer Sutherland to voice Snake.
Your Joking right!? Nintendo has enough money to buy Kiefer Sutherland then sell him! I would hope they would get David Hayter back!

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
He probably won't be back in, first of all Kojima said he would make a game if Snake was in the next Smash. We didn't see that. Also, he is way too busy with MGSV: The Phantom Pain. No way he'll be back in. Yea, he was pretty cool - and even better in Project M - but I feel that Snake just didn't fit in with the other Nintendo/3rd Party characters.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
He probably won't be back in, first of all Kojima said he would make a game if Snake was in the next Smash. We didn't see that. Also, he is way too busy with MGSV: The Phantom Pain. No way he'll be back in. Yea, he was pretty cool - and even better in Project M - but I feel that Snake just didn't fit in with the other Nintendo/3rd Party characters.
He would take time out for Smash Bros!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mario: "Who are you?"

Snake: "I'm Snake."

*Zero Suit Samus walks in*

Snake: "Now I'm Solid Snake."

:D
Ahem. Yeah, I kinda expect Snake back now, honstly. Not sure how I feel about that.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Thing is, though...

If the Phantom Pain comes to Wii U, Smash can promote that.
Kojima literally doesn't have to do any work for Snake to get in, he just has to approve of the idea, which he has. It doesn't get in the way of TPP.
He might not have fit in, but at this point if we've already had him in Brawl it shouldn't matter anymore.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
um when the hell did he ever say that? And most of all why would he say that?
The only thing I recall him saying is that if he makes a MGS game specifically for the Wii U, he wants to do something clever with the GamePad. A Phantom Pain port isn't completely out of the question. Especially considering there's more people who own a Wii U now considering all the rage with Mario Kart 8. It could be a profitable investment to release the game on Wii U.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
The only thing I recall him saying is that if he makes a MGS game specifically for the Wii U, he wants to do something clever with the GamePad. A Phantom Pain port isn't completely out of the question. Especially considering there's more people who own a Wii U now considering all the rage with Mario Kart 8. It could be a profitable investment to release the game on Wii U.
Yeah that's what I recall him saying before when asked about making a wiiu title. Nothing like what that user was claiming. A port is still possible, it all just depends on konami and if they want to go ahead with it. If I recall most devs got the wiiu dev kit pretty late so that could be why it missed its chance for the wiiu since they were already fully into the versions they were making for the past gen. I wouldn't rule out anything at this point though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When did Kojima say that?

Also, he was busy with MGS IV: Guns of the Patriot when Snake got confirmed.
June 6th.
Okay, now I'm interested in checking out the deal with Snake's fiasco.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Did you read the last page?
...Which was mostly speculation. The closest thing I could find to something was Johnknight's post. But even then it was still speculation.
Now I'm now saying he's cut. Let's made sure of this. I, like many of you expect him back. And while it could be because of my pessimism, I just can't say either way it means something. It could just be a normal conference for all we know.
But then again, I could be wrong and maybe there is something. But for right now I don't see it.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I really urge people not to take those tweets as a hint at something. As was said already, Rob Paulsen was tagged because Ash Paulsen is his son and due to some weird twitter magic because I don't know how twitter works I don't use it. Konami's E3 event runs from 10/6-12/6 according to events.konami.com

Both could quite easily be coincidences and hint at nothing. I'm hoping for Snake but don't get your hopes high because of these tweets in particular, adjust them back down to normal levels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom