• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I need more specifics.
Snake had oversized hitboxes in Brawl due to a mistake when progamming his moveset. So fixing his hitboxes to a more proportionate size would be great. About the taunts, Snake only had one taunt in Brawl, the Box. If we kept the box that would be great, but some more variation would be welcomed.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Snake was missing his victory pose in Brawl, which can be seen in the VR missions:

It ought to be implemented.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
His side B should also get better. It's kinda useless at this point.

Just keep the double grenades. That's my favorite thing about him.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, it seems like a coincidence but...
smoke: Snake smokes in practically every game
The fact that it's in his shape and Sakurai states "Solid": This is either the biggest tease ever or it's the biggest coincidence ever. Can anyone go onto his japanese miiverse account and see if he says "solid" on it?

PEOPLE. GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS, NOT YOUR LIKES XD

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The fact that it's in his shape and Sakurai states "Solid": This is either the biggest tease ever or it's the biggest coincidence ever. Can anyone go onto his japanese miiverse account and see if he says "solid" on it?

Its still just a long shot though, because of being too big of a coicidence.

Besides this is just like with the cloud and rocks and branch of greninja/charizard trailer.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

You can draw shapes in the steam to resemble a lot of things. That kind of pattern recognition is pretty meaningless in itself. For instance, I can make out the shape of Master Chief or Captain Falcon

There's a reason people stare at clouds, it's very easy to think they look like particular things.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
You can draw shapes in the steam to resemble a lot of things. That kind of pattern recognition is pretty meaningless in itself. For instance, I can make out the shape of Master Chief or Captain Falcon

There's a reason people stare at clouds, it's very easy to think they look like particular things.
Hmmm.... yeah, good point.

Anyways, that new Smash Invitational video... Geoff Keighley was just confirmed as the host... wasn't he the one who interviewed Kojima about Snake being in the game? And isn't he hosting Sony's E3 conference? Hmmmmm... could this mean...

Last edited:

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to think of a reason why Snake shouldn't be in, and the only thing I can come up with is if Nintendo or Kojima refused. (Kojima wants him in, so he won't refuse) He fits the criteria, as well.
The only reason I can think of is cutting Snake as a response to Kojima (or Konami) excluding Wii U from Metal Gear Solid V, which is kind of a **** move.

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.... yeah, good point.

Anyways, that new Smash Invitational video... Geoff Keighley was just confirmed as the host... wasn't he the one who interviewed Kojima about Snake being in the game? And isn't he hosting Sony's E3 conference? Hmmmmm... could this mean...
You sir are correct with both statements. Conspiracies..

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So what is the general opinion on the Kojima interview and the Raiden VA leak here?

I'm actually starting to think that Snake will actually be back as the only thing that could potentially mean he isn't back is that he hasn't been revealed yet when Sonic was revealed farely early. I even have him on my roster now.

I believe in Snake
Despite the fact that Kojima said he doesn't know if Snake is returning, he is one of Sakurai's own kin (a troll), and could be misleading us.
Yeah, Ground Zeroes wasn't on the Wii U and neither will MG5, but Snake was the beginning of 3rd Party characters in Smash. I'm sure Sakurai cares about stuff like that. And Snake in colourful HD!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I believe in Snake
Despite the fact that Kojima said he doesn't know if Snake is returning, he is one of Sakurai's own kin (a troll), and could be misleading us.
Yeah, Ground Zeroes wasn't on the Wii U and neither will MG5, but Snake was the beginning of 3rd Party characters in Smash. I'm sure Sakurai cares about stuff like that. And Snake in colourful HD!
I've actually been thinking about it... what if they bring Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2 or something to the Wii U as an exclusive? I mean, Platinum did it with Bayonetta. Or what if at E3, after the latest trailer, they announce it for Wii U? That would practically confirm Snake for sure for everyone.

So what is the general opinion on the Kojima interview and the Raiden VA leak here?

I'm actually starting to think that Snake will actually be back as the only thing that could potentially mean he isn't back is that he hasn't been revealed yet when Sonic was revealed farely early. I even have him on my roster now.
The Kojima interview... well... I have mixed thoughts. There's arguments to both sides, but it's hard to take it seriously when, as many have stated, he's a troll. Personally though, if I was in that situation with one of my own characters in, I'd say the same thing. And as for the Raiden VA leak, I don't even know anymore. It's also really hard to tell if it really means anything, but still, how do you mix up Smash and Playstation All-Stars? I guess we might find out if he really did mix the two up this E3.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else hoping at the E3 tournament that someone picks up an assist trophy with Grey Fox/Raiden in it; thus, subtly confirming Snake? Then again, they could have that particular assist trophy disabled...

Hong

The Strongest
This has probably been said a lot, but I'll say it here anyways.

I don't really care about Snake. I think Metal Gear Solid was an amazing game, and it's a product games know of far and wide. That said, the series is dead to me these days so I couldn't care less about the character.

But to lose what could possibly be the most creative fighter added in Brawl would be a real shame. Snake gave us something like we have never seen before. He broke a lot of rules and had some crazy attacks and properties. I would never ask them to bring back Snake, since it is hard to justify him as a Nintendo character and equally as troublesome to license him for another two products.

But at least bring back his play style. If we get a character like LUCAS who, despite the fact he comes from what could be my favourite series, added absolutely ****-all to the character pool, unchanged, AND NOT Snake, I'd have reason to be upset. Just give his stuff to an Advance Wars character or something, I don't care.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Anyone else hoping at the E3 tournament that someone picks up an assist trophy with Grey Fox/Raiden in it; thus, subtly confirming Snake? Then again, they could have that particular assist trophy disabled...
You didn't unlock Gray Fox until you unlocked Snake in Brawl. :/

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet
You guys should probably see this tweet from Konami.

EDIT: I'm not the biggest MGS fan but Big Boss is the main character of MGSV right? He doesn't get referred to as Snake as often as Solid does, does he? I really do feel that "Snake Returns" (to Smash), "Not for any Nation" (for Smash) and #forwhat (for Smash) all kind of point at it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

EDIT: I'm not the biggest MGS fan but Big Boss is the main character of MGSV right? He doesn't get referred to as Snake as often as Solid does, does he? I really do feel that "Snake Returns" (to Smash), "Not for any Nation" (for Smash) and #forwhat (for Smash) all kind of point at it.

The stars are aligning...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
https://twitter.com/SeanSchemmel/status/472434229997879296

Hey guys. Lucario's voice actor tagged Gray Fox's Brawl voice actor!

FOR THE RECORD I NEVER BACKED DOWN!!!

THANK YOU BASED SNAKE GODS THANK YOU!!! MAY OUR SNAKE COME TRUE (AND IF NOT, HIS DADDY CAN COME IN SMASH INSTEAD!!!).

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman

Huh, Nintendo's conference is on the 10th, Sony's and Microsoft's the day before and that's where we probably get so see The Phantom Pain.
Could be something, but I better won't get my hopes up.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Very interesting. E3 really is a "Not revealed now, it isn't in" situation for many characters. I hope Snake returns, His codecs were amazing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

FOR THE RECORD I NEVER BACKED DOWN!!!

THANK YOU BASED SNAKE GODS THANK YOU!!! MAY OUR SNAKE COME TRUE (AND IF NOT, HIS DADDY CAN COME IN SMASH INSTEAD!!!).
I don't think it's anything Smash related.

On closer inspection, you can easily see the "PHANTOM PAIN" logo in the corner.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

1 word: Promotion.

>Snake revealed in Smash
>>Phantom Pain coming to the WiiU

That is lots of publicity right there, the kind money can't buy.

It just makes too much sense, especially since Sony and Microsoft have their conferences on the 9th.

Why wait for Snake=???

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet

Well, we already know Phantom Pain is getting a new trailer, it's very possible the Snake reveal for Smash Bros is attached to that rather than the Smash Bros one. It'd reach more Metal gear fans that way.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1 word: Promotion.

>Snake revealed in Smash
>>Phantom Pain coming to the WiiU

That is lots of publicity right there, the kind money can't buy.

It just makes too much sense, especially since Sony and Microsoft have their conferences on the 9th.

Why wait for Snake=???
The 9th you say?

Intriguing....

I did not know that...

Does Konami themselves have a conference?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The 9th you say?

Intriguing....

I did not know that...

Does Konami themselves have a conference?
http://events.konami.com/

The countdown ends on Tuesday, which is their conference at like 2 in the morning PST.
Well, we already know Phantom Pain is getting a new trailer, it's very possible the Snake reveal for Smash Bros is attached to that rather than the Smash Bros one. It'd reach more Metal gear fans that way.
Not only that, but if they combined the two, it would TOP OFF THAT DAY!!!

And since Sony and Microsoft would be done (lol Ubisoft is that day I think, not that anybody cares about them), that means they're literally saving Snake for the end.

Guys, this is too good not to be true. Kojima loves the spotlight, and this is the biggest spotlight of all.

I've stuck by that the pessimistic people are dead wrong (seeing as how we've gotten OVERLOADS in EVERYTHING), and you know what=???

I think it won't be too long until we see this...

Edit: Not just are Microsoft and Sony supposed to present on Monday the 9th, but Ubisoft and EA as well.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait....

Are they seriously having a conference at 2:00 AM PST?

Regardless, if their conference is June 10, then it may be a coincidence.
No, that is when their timer goes off.

They don't even have a conference announced. They might not even have one.

They might officially announce it for the 10th, but as it stands, it seems that they're gonna freelance it like a lot of other companies there do (aka every company that isn't the Big 3, Ubisoft, EA, and I think Capcom). Even Square in recent years piggybacks on the Big 3 console companies.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, that is when their timer goes off.

They don't even have a conference announced. They might not even have one.

They might officially announce it for the 10th, but as it stands, it seems that they're gonna freelance it like a lot of other companies there do (aka every company that isn't the Big 3, Ubisoft, EA, and I think Capcom). Even Square in recent years piggybacks on the Big 3 console companies.
Oh.

Whoops. :awesome:

It's possible. And it's starting to look more likely.

Did they freelance it the last couple of years?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh.

Whoops. :awesome:

It's possible. And it's starting to look more likely.

Did they freelance it the last couple of years?
They didn't have a big theater or anything; they actually had a "show" before E3 last year.

In past years, they mostly just piggyback on Sony (and sometimes Microsoft or Nintendo), which is what most developers do.

Top Bottom