• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They didn't have a big theater or anything; they actually had a "show" before E3 last year.
Seems they have a show this year too.

But this show is on the 6th.

Ehem....

:snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
2011: E3 was June 7-9.
Konami did this (basically their E3 show) on June 2nd.

2012: E3 was June 5-7.
Konami did this (basically their E3 show) on June 1st.

2013: E3 was June 11-13.
Konami did this (basically their E3 show) on June 6th.

The last year Konami had an E3 conference was 2010, and it brought us a (long and painful) disaster. (here's a link to that; it's not even at a real stage)

Sony and Microsoft both have presentations on the 9th, as does EA and Ubisoft.

Why have something on the 10th, the E3 day that is basically summed up in one word: "Smash"=???

If Konami wanted a day to themselves for a real conference, they'd choose Wednesday the 11th (Smash demo, lol!) or Thursday the 12th, where we virtually get minor news, and it is basically everyone who isn't The Big 3 plus EA and Ubisoft having the spotlight.

Guys...

...put your bandannas on, WE'RE GOING TO WAR!!! :snake::snake::snake::snake::snake:

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have no idea why, but I can't help but think they will top this...
That sure as heck will be a hard thing to top, but again, my gut is telling me otherwise...

Also, you can replace "car" with "Snake" in this video...
"YOU GET A SNAKE AND YOU GET A SNAKE!!! EVERYBODY GETS A SNAKE!!!"

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
mother****ing Snake hype LESS GO

if it doesn't happen i know who im blaming

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've always said that if Nintendo could work out the licensing issues then they'd definitely get Snake back. He was extremely well received in Brawl and attracted a more mature collection of gamers to Smash Bros. It's ridiculously intelligent cross-promotion.

And we all know that Sakurai said he wants everyone back from Brawl.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Snake comes back, it will be a Sonic sequel trailer. Nothing more.

And that's a big IF. I refuse to believe that this means anything Smash related since there's a bunch of other stuff happening on June 10th.

Like a new Metal Gear, perhaps?

I wouldn't complain if it's referring to Smash, though.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If Snake comes back, it will be a Sonic sequel trailer. Nothing more.

And that's a big IF. I refuse to believe that this means anything Smash related since there's a bunch of other stuff happening on June 10th.

Like a new Metal Gear, perhaps?

I wouldn't complain if it's referring to Smash, though.
Except that Sony's conference is on June 9th, and Nintendo's conference is on June 10th.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Except that Sony's conference is on June 9th, and Nintendo's conference is on June 10th.
Oh, so that's the big fuzz? Well... that's hard to argue against. That combined with #WhatFor in the corner and "Not for any Nation" really makes it seem like it can't be anything else. All of the big guys except Nintendo has their press conferences on June 9th, even Sony, so there's hardly anything else it could be honestly.

I was half expecting Snake for this E3 regardless though, but it's nice that the chances have been upped significantly now.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Could Nintendo be getting MGS5? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just wondering. I don't really play Metal Gear.

Although if this were the case it would make Snake even more likely.

And 44 guests looking at this thread? Holy crap!

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Could Nintendo be getting MGS5? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just wondering. I don't really play Metal Gear.

Although if this were the case it would make Snake even more likely.

And 44 guests looking at this thread? Holy crap!
Yeah, if that game comes to Wii-U, Snake is practically confirmed anyways. ^^ Can't wait to see what happens.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm having trouble coming up with possible scenarios where Snake DOESN'T make it into Smash 4 now.

I got nothing.
Guess who's back on my roster.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah I honestly got nothing myself. Riding a Metal Gear would be redundant. (and he only ever did that once.)

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I feel like his idle animation is pretty in line with the games lol.

Speaking of, I love that the reason Snake is heavy in Brawl is because Metal Gear Solid controls heavy.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake: "They want me to battle a Little boy now? This has gone too far! Here, Little boy, I won't hurt you. Now, where's your mo- ......."

Snake? Snake?! Snaaaaaaake!!!
Here's One For Megaman
Otacon: Oh my goodness! Snake, do you know who that is?
Snake: Not really...looks like some kid in bicycle gear to me.
Otacon: That's Megaman, Snake! He's been gone for so long, it really is nice to see him back!
Snake: Doesn't look like much of a man to me.
Otacon: Megaman is a cyborg created by the famous Dr. Light, he's programmed to be capable of adapting and learning techniques from any opponent he beats in battle. Pretty nifty, huh?
Snake: A cyborg...guess I better have a flash grenade ready
Villager
Mei Ling: Snake, have you ever had to pick up your whole life and start over?
Snake: More than once I suppose.
Mei Ling: The Villager came to his new hometown with just the clothes on his back. But an old tanuki--
Snake: A japanese raccoon dog?
Mei Ling: Yes, or maybe he was a raccoon. Anyway, Tom Nook gave him a job and a house to help him get started.
Snake: Awfully nice of him. What was the catch?
Mei Ling: The catch was that paying off the house took forever! But it got the Villager to explore the town and make friends!
Snake: I dunno, he doesn't look like he's in the mood for making friends on the battlefield.
Mei Ling: But you don't deny it can happen right?
Snake: No, of course not.
Here's one about Pit
Snake: It's Pit again. But there's something different about him...
Hades: Keen eye you have there, Garden Snake!
Snake: What-?! Who is this? Why is this frequency so easy to hack?!
Hades: Calm down, Garden Snake! Ol' Otty had to take a little bathroom break. When Viridi calls, you have to answer! Besides, if there's anyone with the most up-to-date news on Pitty Pat, it's your old pal Hades! Unless you're not willing to accept my humble advice, I'd love see Pitty smack you around with his new tricks.
Snake: *grumble* Fine. Tell me what's new about Pit.
Hades: Pitty Pat is still the same lapdog of the Goddess of Light, Palutena. Still, it looks like you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Along with that tired old bow, he's got a large assortment of weapons: arms, claws, cannons, staffs, clubs - - you name it, he'll hit you with it. On top that, he's a nimble fellow and a fast attacker. He might give you a run for your money, Garden Snake!
Snake: Hm, so he upgraded his arsenal, huh? It's still no match for mine. Thanks for the advice, but why are you helping me?
Hades: Any foe of Pitty Pat is a friend of mine! Dedicate an RPG blast to your favorite Lord of the Underworld, won't you Garden Snake?
Snake: Wait, Lord of the Underworld--?
Hades: Toodaloo!
Snake: We really need to strengthen our security...
Here's another one about the Villager but with Raiden
Snake: Wait. Is that a normal boy on the Battlefield? He doesn't even have a sword like that Link kid.
Raiden: No Snake, that's the Villager.
Snake: THE Villager? Is that some sort of code-name like ours?
Raiden: No Snake, his real name is decided by those who control him, but the situation is not anything like yours or mine. He fights by using a variety of things he collects in a little town he's the Mayor of.
Snake: A small child is willingly fighting giant monsters and trained soldiers like me by using common household items? For fun?
Raiden: If you want to put it that way...
Snake: I think you might have competition for the name "Ripper" in a few years, Jack.
Raiden: *In his more gravelly Ripper voice* For his sake, I hope not.
*End Codec*
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68740614?page=4

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I would not get my hopes us based on these speculations, these are quite conceivably coincidences. The tweet to Rob Paulsen could easily be a coincidence because Seán Schemmel may have simply been tweeting his son (I think) Ash Paulsen at the time. The E3 thing may simply be an arbitrary date, chosen as Jun 10th because that is when E3 starts even if there are pre-conferences.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I feel like his idle animation is pretty in line with the games lol.

Speaking of, I love that the reason Snake is heavy in Brawl is because Metal Gear Solid controls heavy.
Personally, I think it looks like he's trying to squeeze a turd out. He should stand more upright (like Yoshi mirite?) imo like in this pic:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I would not get my hopes us based on these speculations, these are quite conceivably coincidences. The tweet to Rob Paulsen could easily be a coincidence because Seán Schemmel may have simply been tweeting his son (I think) Ash Paulsen at the time. The E3 thing may simply be an arbitrary date, chosen as Jun 10th because that is when E3 starts even if there are pre-conferences.
It'd be senseless to remove him when there's absolutely no reason to. Kojima kissed Sakurai's ass to get Snake in Smash. Plus, I think Kojima would want him in again and I don't think Sakurai would have any reason for wanting to remove him. It's just like how people thought Ike would be removed for no reason at all. Though I still know he's not 3rd party, but I don't think it makes a real difference considering Sakurai & Kojima seem to be close. Unless...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Those are pretty damn good.

I felt like making one with Lil Mac
Snake: Colonel, there's a normal boxer in the middle of battle. Why is he here?
Colonel: That's Little Mac, Snake, and he's not just a normal boxer. He's the WVBA champion.
Snake: WVBA? Never heard of that. What's with the name, anyway?
Colonel: The "little" motif is precisely why you shouldn't underestimate him. He got that from winning against heavyweight boxers significantly larger than him.
Snake: Heavyweights?! He doesn't even look like a middleweight to me!
Colonel: Exactly. When a lightweight can manage to beat opponents that are several classes above him, you know he's not just any pro boxer. So don't be reckless and think you can go head to head against him using CQC alone.
Snake: After hearing that, I wasn't planning to.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hopefully he retains his MGS look. I never cared for old man Snake or eye patch Snake.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think his Brawl design (MGS2 suit with Naked Snake's face) is actually my favorite Snake design. If not that, then MGS1.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I honestly hope they physically buff Snake in this game, like with Ike. I more muscular design for Snake would work. Just not too muscular.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yeah the one he had in Brawl is his best look.
I personally prefer the MGS1 look, but I'd be okay if they went the MGS2 look. I do want Snake to stand more upright in this game though.
This is how I'd want Snake to stand.

Ironic this is, this was his original Brawl artwork

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I personally prefer the MGS1 look, but I'd be okay if they went the MGS2 look. I do want Snake to stand more upright in this game though.
This is how I'd want Snake to stand.

Ironic this is, this was his original Brawl artwork
He looks a little too fresh faced in MGS1, and yes a stance change wouldn't be a bad thing.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
alternate costumes work so good for snake,

MGS/Twin Snakes Snake
MGS2/Brawl Snake
His uniform from the original metal gear
Big Boss skins from snake eater and MGS V would be sick

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
After looking through thread, I've come to the conclusion that either we are picking up on subtle hints that Nintendo and Konami have left us, or we are extremely desperate.

Top Bottom