• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wait, someone already shared that? I knew about the tweet saying Snake returns on May 10th but I was told Kojima has a countdown set up specifically for phantom pain which means the tweet is pretty much guaranteed to have nothing to with Snake in Smash Bros.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, someone already shared that? I knew about the tweet saying Snake returns on May 10th but I was told Kojima has a countdown set up specifically for phantom pain which means the tweet is pretty much guaranteed to have nothing to with Snake in Smash Bros.
I wouldn't be so sure.

The countdown ends on a day that only is special to Nintendo.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If Sonic can get songs with lyrics, then I hope Metal Gear does too if Snake comes back. Firstly, don't make Snake Eater instrumental again, and secondly...

VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
A bit off topic but has anybody noticed the Super Smash Bros Miiverse is full of immature kids they don't even talk about smash (only a handful of people) and suggest Characters such as Sherk and Goku!

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
A bit off topic but has anybody noticed the Super Smash Bros Miiverse is full of immature kids they don't even talk about smash (only a handful of people) and suggest Characters such as Sherk and Goku!
Yeah, there's a thread on this site that talks about that. It's called Take a Break from Debate: Laugh at Miiverse Posts. Hilarious, if you ask me.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I would like them to give Snake his Twin Snakes design. And his Sons of Liberty design as an alternate costume.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake needs a new forward smash anybody got any ideas. I want him to have Naked Snake's Knife because the RPG blast is Powerful but Slow and easy dogged. what do you think

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
No way would I want to lose the side-smash. It's really fun to use in casual FFA even if it's not the most competitively viable move.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I''ll Check it out. We joined Smashboards on the Same Day btw.
Hooray for joining on March 23rd! xD

I can actually picture Snake being revealed at E3. I imagine a massive trailer, showing Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley...etc, and on the corner of the screen, you see this box. It's just a random box. At least...that's what we think. Epic battle ensues, awesome music, gorgeous animation....then BAM. Snake returns.

...I need to knock myself out.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm a bit late too all this, but I don't think that the twitter posts or countdowns have anything to do with Smash.

The "Not For Any Nation" picture was used in last years MGSV E3 trailer at the very beginning (which is nearly identical to the picture shown in the tweet). Big Boss' (the main character of MGSV) codename is Punished Snake in the new game, and even after he was given the title "Big Boss" he still told people to call him Snake (in Peace Walker), which explains why the tweet said Snake Returns. They also said "SNAKE IS BACK" in the same trailer that they showed the "Not For Any Nation" picture.

I don't know what they countdown is, though. I think it has to do with the fact that the E3 technically starts on June 10. I'm not saying that Snake isn't going to be in Smash, just that all these tweets and countdowns probably have nothing to do with it. If Snake is going to be revealed anywhere, its E3. He's a third party character, so they would announce him before the game is released.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I know I'm a bit late too all this, but I don't think that the twitter posts or countdowns have anything to do with Smash.

The "Not For Any Nation" picture was used in last years MGSV E3 trailer at the very beginning (which is nearly identical to the picture shown in the tweet). Big Boss' (the main character of MGSV) codename is Punished Snake in the new game, and even after he was given the title "Big Boss" he still told people to call him Snake (in Peace Walker), which explains why the tweet said Snake Returns. They also said "SNAKE IS BACK" in the same trailer that they showed the "Not For Any Nation" picture.

I don't know what they countdown is, though. I think it has to do with the fact that the E3 technically starts on June 10. I'm not saying that Snake isn't going to be in Smash, just that all these tweets and countdowns probably have nothing to do with it. If Snake is going to be revealed anywhere, its E3. He's a third party character, so they would announce him before the game is released.
Kojima did use the hashtag "what for" though.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Kojima did use the hashtag "what for" though.
In the MGS1, ( I can only remember it being asked twice, but it may have been asked more than twice) Otacon asks (Solid) Snake what they were fighting for. In the E3 trailer for MGS5, the question is asked again, but throughout the trailer, it says "Not For Any Nation", "Not for Any Ideology", etc. until it says "Only For Revenge". Techincally, the #WhatFor doesn't say #WhatAreWeFightingFor, but its pretty obvious that is what the hashtag is referring to.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
In the MGS1, ( I can only remember it being asked twice, but it may have been asked more than twice) Otacon asks (Solid) Snake what they were fighting for. In the E3 trailer for MGS5, the question is asked again, but throughout the trailer, it says "Not For Any Nation", "Not for Any Ideology", etc. until it says "Only For Revenge". Techincally, the #WhatFor doesn't say #WhatAreWeFightingFor, but its pretty obvious that is what the hashtag is referring to.
I could understand that, except that it's Kojima. We all know what happens when you assume something about Kojima.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I don't want to burst any bubbles, but June 10th is the "official" starting date of E3, even though conferences are being held on the 9th.

The website lists E3 as June 10-12. So it can very easily, and most likely is, only referencing E3 itself, and not that day in particular.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
At the end of Peace Walker he uses the title of Big Boss again..

However, I'm on your side and do think that the countdown actually hasn't anything to do with Smash Bros.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't want to burst any bubbles, but June 10th is the "official" starting date of E3, even though conferences are being held on the 9th.

The website lists E3 as June 10-12. So it can very easily, and most likely is, only referencing E3 itself, and not that day in particular.
It makes sense, and i honestly dont think anyone has their hopes set up very high for that date to correlate with anything, at least i hope not.

Its possible, but even though i want to believe, i cant shake the feeling that sakurai is going to leave me pissed off after e3.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
It makes sense, and i honestly dont think anyone has their hopes set up very high for that date to correlate with anything, at least i hope not.

Its possible, but even though i want to believe, i cant shake the feeling that sakurai is going to leave me pissed off after e3.
I'm hoping he says something about DLC, then I'll at least have a reason to hope.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man if Snake returned that'd be awesome. I want him to return even if it's just as a **** you to people who "know he's out" like they did with Ike and Lucario.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly confident :snake: will be coming back. I have a hard time believing Sakurai never bothered to ask Kojima about :snake: returning; He's rather important to Smash, being the first 3rd Party character.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Man if Snake returned that'd be awesome. I want him to return even if it's just as a **** you to people who "know he's out" like they did with Ike and Lucario.
haha, I was very mixed with Ike, and I had a friend who was confident he was back. When he was announced, he bugged me soooo much about it. He still does today... but yeah, Lucario was another eye-popper moment for me, I kind of wish they didn't add him to be honest.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm fairly confident :snake: will be coming back. I have a hard time believing Sakurai never bothered to ask Kojima about :snake: returning; He's rather important to Smash, being the first 3rd Party character.
I'd take Snake over Sonic everyday all day.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wasn't there supposed to be a conference today or something?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn't there supposed to be a conference today or something?
Hmm....
If there was no one reported on it maybe it was a screw up or something.
Or maybe they decided to piggy-back someone at E3.
Nintendo anyone?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Oh you mean the Phantom Pain showing?

That already happened. Next gen cardboard box mechanics, yo.
That was not it. That was a 30 second clip from Kojima's webshow. There's definitely going to be a new trailer just like last E3, he hasn't shut up about it on Twitter. When it gets shown is really the question.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
In 3 days we will find out if the Legendary Super Soldier Solid Snake will be re-joining the cast of Super Smash Bros for an all out Brawl

Top Bottom