• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Well it doesn't seem to have been the big infodump people hoped for so far. Still hope I guess.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I was really hoping that Snake would be revealed. Dang.

The Smash portion of the Digital event was...terrible. They only revealed Mii (my good god...) and Palutena (Yes!), plus that amiibo thing (still don't fully grasp the details). The overall event was awesome, but the Smash portion was supbar at best.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
We didn't see any veterans announced yet today and we've still got 4 and a half hours of Smash hype later with the invitational and the developer roundtable. I think we're far from finished with character announcements today, so there's still hope guys!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
We didn't see any veterans announced yet today and we've still got 4 and a half hours of Smash hype later with the invitational and the developer roundtable. I think we're far from finished with character announcements today, so there's still hope guys!
I think you're on to something or we're all just incredibly desparate...

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
Wario and Ganondorf appeared in the Robot Chicken sequence, doesn't that confirm them?

I'm upset about Snake too, but it's not over yet.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think there will be for sure something after or during the tournament, and we have till october now so if pacman isnt shown either its possible the tokyo game show could also be the next option.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
3ds version is coming out october, that leaves time for another direct...
(grasping)

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree. I wouldn't count Snake out until after everything happens today, especially considering how they revealed WFT after their Direct last year.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Well Pac-Man trailer is out, and makes a point of featuring third parties Sonic and Mega Man. Looks like Snake is almost certainly dead.

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
Well Pac-Man trailer is out, and makes a point of featuring third parties Sonic and Mega Man. Looks like Snake is almost certainly dead.
Yep, I noticed that. Looks like it's time I officially jump ship. :c

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Well... I think everything's set in stone at this point.... don't expect me back over here unless a big character is announced or Snake is revealed.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well brothers, we tried, but it wasnt enough and snake got punished

---
Its unfortunate that such a unique character was tossed aside, but we fought the good fight and we will always have brawl.
Our time has come

now we return to zero....

*Salutes*

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
It's probably totally irrational at this point but I'm staying faithful until October 4th. Metal Gear is my favorite series of all time and Snake was one of my mains in Brawl. He was by far one of the best additions to the game and it would be a tragedy to see him go. I'm not expecting him, but I'm not giving up hope completely.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Remember guys that Snake is now a Veteran, and as such get's a Veterans treatment for Smash reveals.

So don't give up hope yet!

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was fun hoping. Maybe Snake could be DLC, if they decide to do it.

My only question is who said no to Snake being in the game. It couldn't have been Konami, since having a character in Smash is better than any sort of advertisement you could pay for, and it definitely wasn't Kojima, since he said he wants Snake to be in. So it has to be either Sakurai, his team, or the higher ups at Nintendo, but I don't know why any of them would say no either.

Sakurai said he wanted to try to have as few cuts as possible, and at the beginning of development he said no one had been cut, so Snake wasn't cut right away. I doubt the higher ups at Nintendo care whether or not Snake is in the game, even if MGSV isnt coming to Nintendo. They didn't seem to care about MGS4 coming out months after Brawl, and with MGS3 3D, and the MGS 3DS, there is more metal gear support than before Brawl. If anything, they would probably want him in the game so Metal Gear fans buy the new Smash.

I guess maybe the dev team thought that Snake didn't fit, but I don't know why they would think that, other than the fact that Metal Gear has always been an M rated series.

Anyways, it sucks, especially since Snake was such a unique character. I can't believe no one asked about him at the Q&A, but then again, that was really short. Lets just hope he somehow sneaks in.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Remember guys that Snake is now a Veteran, and as such get's a Veterans treatment for Smash reveals.

So don't give up hope yet!
Thank you, a least we have some with a little bit of fight left. Also, I believe that Sakurai said that he'll consider DLC after the the game is released. We also have 3 month until SSB3DS is released, and even then, some of the characters are kept secret.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even then. DLC guys. We have DLC.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm actually fairly confident that with the 3DS version not releasing until October, we may get another Smash Direct before release. I mean that's 4 months away and we still haven't seen anything about Wii U single player modes, plus there are still quite a few starter veterans unannounced who definitely haven't been cut. It seems weird that we didn't see any veterans in general today besides the Game & Watch tease.

HE'S JUST KEEPING US WAITING GUYS! HUH?

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
We haven't seen jack all about the 3DS version either.

Hopefully there is another Smash direct, even if it is just for some clarifications.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id remained optimistic for so long, so long. But just the way they are framing mario with the other 3 third parties, it pretty much puts it into perspective. Id love for him to be DLC, but even then how do we even know sakurai would take note of that when hes ignored so many other wanted characters?

I dont know man, im tired, im bitter, and ive fought too long. Id love to be surprised, but sometimes you gotta call it a day and put your weapons down.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
This sucks! Ivysaur and snake, my two favorite characters are likely cut!

All the hype for this game has been drained away for me. I honestly don't feel like getting Smash Bros anymore. I know it's sounds dumb, but I find it really hard to get hyped when your favorite character is replaced with a pie chart.

Well, I guess there's a small chance snake still might be in, so I won't give up all hope.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Id remained optimistic for so long, so long. But just the way they are framing mario with the other 3 third parties, it pretty much puts it into perspective. Id love for him to be DLC, but even then how do we even know sakurai would take note of that when hes ignored so many other wanted characters?

I dont know man, im tired, im bitter, and ive fought too long. Id love to be surprised, but sometimes you gotta call it a day and put your weapons down.
I mean, Snake's been around a long time, but he isn't a face of video games to the extent that those other 4 are. A big part of Pac-Man's appeal is his cred as an icon of classic gaming, and Mario, Mega-Man, and Sonic have that too. Even though Metal Gear was around in the 8-Bit era, it didn't really take off until the PS1, and Snake would have felt out of place in that trailer anyways. I will admit that I am in huge denial, but I don't think Pac-Man's trailer necessarily means he's the last third party.

Last edited:
Top Bottom