• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Inb4 Snake is the black in the trailer.
I guess that could work...
Id remained optimistic for so long, so long. But just the way they are framing mario with the other 3 third parties, it pretty much puts it into perspective. Id love for him to be DLC, but even then how do we even know sakurai would take note of that when hes ignored so many other wanted characters?

I dont know man, im tired, im bitter, and ive fought too long. Id love to be surprised, but sometimes you gotta call it a day and put your weapons down.
I understand. It can easier to give and accept what might seemingly hopeless, but don't give up all hope.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OK this is the saddest thing I've ever seen.
People who have stuck with this thread since the beginning are now giving up hope?
Because of Pac-Man???
I would like to say that there are now 5 months till the release of the 3DS version.
5 MONTHS!!!
There is plenty of time left to reveal him before release.
AND E3 isn't even over!!!
C'mon people get your crap together there is no reason to write off another character because another is revealed.
Who's to say that he wont be revealed tomorrow or next month OR in the launch trailer.
Sakurai knows that people think Snake is walking on soft ground and maybe he is.
WE wont know until he's revealed or outright deconfirmed.
Come on guys at least keep the thread alive.
Snake will return I just have this gut feeling that he will.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
People who have stuck with this thread since the beginning are now giving up hope?
Because of Pac-Man???
I would like to say that there are now 5 months till the release of the 3DS version.
5 MONTHS!!!
C'mon people get your crap together there is no reason to write off another character because another is revealed.
Who's to say that he wont be revealed tomorrow or next month OR in the launch trailer.
Sakurai knows that people think Snake is walking on soft ground and maybe he is.
Normally I would agree, but the way that the Pac-Man trailer started by showing every other third party character, then Pac-Man, and the way they showed all four together makes it seem like there are no more third party characters.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Normally I would agree, but the way that the Pac-Man trailer started by showing every other third party character, then Pac-Man, and the way they showed all four together makes it seem like there are no more third party characters.
After all... Pacman is *puts on sunglasses* a THIRD party character. YEEEEEEEE (don't get it? He's a third party character and the third third party character)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Because of Pac-Man???
5 MONTHS!!!
I agree, but people can give up if they want. I've been here since page 6 (as KirbyKamiKazi) and this thread was a great place. I've been to other character support threads, and this thread easily has the closest knit, supportive, and stubborn smasher I've seen. This thread has taken so much crap and the smasher here have stood strong, so it's morose to see people giving now over this. Don't give up hope, we can still do this.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah but that same kind of thinking would also work for the Sonic trailer those three are seen in the same trailer and are EXPLICITLY referenced to be third party "guests".
You can tell that Sakurai cares very deeply about the fans and I don't think he would kick out a fan favorite character for whatever reason people come up with.
He knows what his fans want and he delivers alot of the time.
So in my mind I think Snake's safe.
I also think he may be revealed tomorrow if they want to reveal a veteran.
But i highly doubt it closer to release is my guess but I have great confidence that he will return.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I agree, but people can give up if they want. I've been here since page 6 (as KirbyKamiKazi) and this thread was a great place. I've been to other character support threads, and this thread easily has the closest knit, supportive, and stubborn smasher I've seen. This thread has taken so much crap and the smasher here have stood strong, so it's morose to see people giving now over this. Don't give up hope, we can still do this.
Well said, and i agree
--
There will always be a glimmer of hope deep down, but as of now its hard even for the most optimistic of us to keep our heads up when every day and event that passes causes another layer of dirt to be thrown upon us. Im glad some still have the fight left in them, but theres only so many times in life that you can look on the bright side. Ive put countless hours into defending snake and tearing apart all those who would oppose him or make baseless claims about him, and it just sucks to have none of it ever get any validation. Maybe ill have a better outlook on it in the morning, but as of right now im tired of not getting a shred or scrap of anything we can look forward to in regards to snake, at least ridley fans still have strange circumstances and a shroud of mystery behind the pyrosphere to work with, we cant even get that much from sakurai.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well said, and i agree
--
There will always be a glimmer of hope deep down, but as of now its hard even for the most optimistic of us to keep our heads up when every day and event that passes causes another layer of dirt to be thrown upon us. Im glad some still have the fight left in them, but theres only so many times in life that you can look on the bright side. Ive put countless hours into defending snake and tearing apart all those who would oppose him or make baseless claims about him, and it just sucks to have none of it ever get any validation. Maybe ill have a better outlook on it in the morning, but as of right now im tired of not getting a shred or scrap of anything we can look forward to in regards to snake, at least ridley fans still have strange circumstances and a shroud of mystery behind the pyrosphere to work with, we cant even get that much from sakurai.
I'm going to ask you to look at it this way if you will.
What if you were a die hard Sonic fan and Snake along with Mega Man and Pac-Man were already announced.
Now as a die hard Sonic fan would you still hope and expect him in?
Would there still be support for him.
Yes.
And on that topic the Metal Gear fanbase should be just about used to getting trolled about EVERYTHING.
Do you think Smash Bros will be any different?
I personally don't, and maybe my first point wasn't a very good one but it was the best way I could think of to express why no one in ANY community should ever lose hope least of all Metal Gear Solid and Snake fans.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well said, and i agree
--
Look at it this way. There were no veterans revealed today, with only Mr. Game & Watch being teased at. Plus, designing a character takes a lot of time, especially for someone as unique as Snake. The P:M team took 700 hours to make Mewtwo. That 30 days of total work effort, and they were only making a mod and had (to the best of my knowledge) most of their team work on it! Sakurai and his team are make an entirely new game! They have to have multiple programmers working on all the characters, so they might not have had enough time time make a beta of Snake's model. They are very pressed for time, even having the 3DS release date pushed from summer to mid-autumn. So don't misjudge time constraints for cut, they most likely have the entire roster set by now.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Keep in mind that Snake is in if he's in. He'd be one of the highest priority characters after Mario, Kirby, and the like. The same was probably true for Pac-Man and Mega Man.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Oh, yes, let's throw away the most unique and diverse character we've had in the game so far for another blue-haired swordsman and 3 different Mii sets.

Bull****.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Did Big Boss every give up when he was tortured? No. He. Did. Not! Never give up my friends. Accept the future, but live with hope. :snake:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also if I could get this off my chest.
Sakurai said that the roster was decided before work on the game started.
Metal Gear Solid 3D released around that time and while I may be grasping at straws it may help his chances just a little just enough to give everyone hope.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm really sorry, guys. It really doesn't look like we'll be getting the legendary mercenary back, what with ZSS taking his Final Smash and there already being three 3rd Parties.

I wasn't actively supporting his return, but my best friend loves MGS and Snake, and he'll be missing him when I rent Smash 4.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't get why you guys are so pessimistic. I mean, having him be revealed right before the game so they can use the "Sorry to keep you waiting" line is too perfect! Part of me expects it at this point.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Japanese release is in September, so I suppose there could be a direct in August or something. There's always faint hope but it's been over a year now with nothing but negatives and missed opportunities. It's hard to stay optimistic with that.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Im holding out hope until the bitter end. If I cant get snake, his moveset better be on a new character. Anyone who used snake knows how much fun it was to play him.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You Know im actually glad Pac-Man in the game I didn't support him at first but it changed. Snake really wouldn't have fit in with that trailer anyway. What really surprised me is that no Veteran Characters has been reveled yet so im not giving up hope until a Veteran Character is Reveled Today. Also has anyone noticed that no proper E3 trailer has been showed yet!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
You Know im actually glad Pac-Man in the game I didn't support him at first but it changed. Snake really wouldn't have fit in with that trailer anyway. What really surprised me is that no Veteran Characters has been reveled yet so im not giving up hope until a Veteran Character is Reveled Today. Also has anyone noticed that no proper E3 trailer has been showed yet!
Is it an obligation to have a proper trailer ? Brawl had one for E3 2006 but not for E3 2007.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I lost a lot of hope. But I still have some faith he is in. Mewtwo was not revealed and everyone expects him. The fate of highly requested characters. Such as ridley and k rool were not shown. So I guess theree is still a chance.

Also I thout the event thingy was not that great.

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
I was seriously really, really hoping for an unexpected codec call as everyone was about to leave the invitational. Reggie would bid everyone goodbye and thank them for coming, and all of a sudden a codec call appears on the screen, with Campbell saying "Snake, where the hell are you? The tournament is over!" and then Snake says something along the lines of "Don't worry about me Colonel, I was here the whole time, I just wanted to do a little recon on my new foes."

That would have been a really dramatic reveal for him, and I made myself really sad writing that. :c

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Snake made smash reach out to much more people. it will be a huge letdown if he does not return :(
I still think he will return!

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I was seriously really, really hoping for an unexpected codec call as everyone was about to leave the invitational. Reggie would bid everyone goodbye and thank them for coming, and all of a sudden a codec call appears on the screen, with Campbell saying "Snake, where the hell are you? The tournament is over!" and then Snake says something along the lines of "Don't worry about me Colonel, I was here the whole time, I just wanted to do a little recon on my new foes."

That would have been a really dramatic reveal for him, and I made myself really sad writing that. :c
Oh so the invitational is over? That sucks was assuming that they would announce a character after it.
though the whole snake hides aspect is whats keeping my hope alive. Kept you waiting huh is all but assured if he shows up.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Snake made smash reach out to much more people. it will be a huge letdown if he does not return :(
I still think he will return!
And the fact Snake opened the door to Third-parties; I don't see why he shouldn't be in the game. Otherwise 3 characters would never exist (and Megaman's hype at the tournament wouldn't either) in Smash 4.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
And the fact Snake opened the door to Third-parties; I don't see why he shouldn't be in the game. Otherwise 3 characters would never exist (and Megaman's hype at the tournament wouldn't either) in Smash 4.
It's not like I care that much for megaman anyway but I agree with you that snake should be back.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Guys - just wait until Snake is revealed on the last day of E3. "Kept ya waiting, huh?"

You sure did, Snake... *tears*

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Someone put this on Smash wiki...

"Sakurai has stated that there would be only three characters. As Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man were announced plus his recent game Metal Gear Solid V being a Sony exclusive, it is unlikely for Snake to return."

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well @CaptainCrisb and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss are gone from this thread they will be missed! *sigh*
Not yet,

I apologize for my loss of hope yesterday brothers. I have had a decent night sleep and have had time to reflect on the whole thing. In my anger i was hasty and pretty much buckled. Sakurai shook my fandom and the thought of all our work going to hell pissed me off something fierce.

But now as ive had time to cool down, hope is not lost, and as many of you have said it isnt over till its over. Thanks to those of you who put in the effort to bring me back to my senses, it definitely made me look back at why im a fan of snake and why we deserve to have him back.

This is my outer heaven, and ill be damned if im gonna let pac man discourage that

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Someone put this on Smash wiki...

"Sakurai has stated that there would be only three characters. As Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man were announced plus his recent game Metal Gear Solid V being a Sony exclusive, it is unlikely for Snake to return."
Could find a link to this quote?

Not yet,

I apologize for my loss of hope yesterday brothers. I have had a decent night sleep and have had time to reflect on the whole thing. In my anger i was hasty and pretty much buckled. Sakurai shook my fandom and the thought of all our work going to hell pissed me off something fierce.

But now as ive had time to cool down, hope is not lost, and as many of you have said it isnt over till its over. Thanks to those of you who put in the effort to bring me back to my senses, it definitely made me look back at why im a fan of snake and why we deserve to have him back.

This is my outer heaven, and ill be damned if im gonna let pac man discourage that
Glad to have to back!

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's what I was thinking. At what point would someone have the opportunity to ask that.
Come to think about it if Pac-Man was the Final Third Party Character why didn't Sakurai point it out in today's Miiverse post!

Top Bottom