• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guess who just wasted his Divine Pulse charges optimizing getting treasure chest and then forgot to pay attention to the Death Knight's 29% crit ratio? This guy!

Also special shout out to Hilda for failing to land and 80% hit rate attack and thus failing to trigger Seal Speed when I needed it most.

Edit: This is a blind Hard/Classic play through, btw.
shouldve taught them better

Noipoi

Howdy!
Turns out the guys who made the amazing world of gumball are making a new show.

That just so happens to have an identical plot to a cartoon concept I’ve been working on for a year.

Welp, it makes sense that a great idea would be thought of by someone else. Back to the drawin board.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi~

So, as a general guideline (it has been stipulated properly in some threads in the past), we ask that when quoting posts with media that you take some steps to remove the embed proper. This is to help accessibility for others, as too many on a single page can cause problems (apparently it's around the 5 mark).
It's not some harshly acted upon rule. It's just playing a small part in keeping things nice and clean.

A moderator asking you to take small and simple steps to ensure accessibility for others, in a courteous manner, is not being a control freak. Yes, ideally forum software would do that for us (sigh).
You could just leave all your food packaging rubbish and scraps at a table at McDonalds (or something) for [a minimum wage] staff to clear up, and in the meantime it be a hindrance to others if it's busy, or you could do the "helpful" thing and place your own rubbish in the bins nearby.

Anyway, have a nice day, you're all PRETTY FABULOUS. (inb4 really obvious rule breaks since I started writing this post pls heaven save me).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Turns out the guys who made the amazing world of gumball are making a new show.

That just so happens to have an identical plot to a cartoon concept I’ve been working on for a year.

Welp, it makes sense that a great idea would be thought of by someone else. Back to the drawin board.
Every story ever has been done, really. It's all about the execution.

A video game came out about ten years ago that was nearly 1:1 an idea I had. So much time has passed since it came out that it's mostly forgotten about and my story has evolved so much the similarities are skin deep.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

A video game came out about ten years ago that was nearly 1:1 an idea I had. So much time has passed since it came out that it's mostly forgotten about and my story has evolved so much the similarities are skin deep.
you guys arent even gonna say what they are so we can cross reference are you

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Preach it. I'm positive that the stories I've written have been done several times over before. Heck, the plot of my whole canon (the last living member of a precursor race balances life between civility and heroics in a modern setting) has already been done by someone who I'll never be able to measure up to.

Noipoi, if you're reading this, all I can say is that you've got nothing to lose.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Right after failing to hit the Death Knight, Hilda just came to me and in a support said "you only live once" while trying to squirm out of work.

Is it possible to fire a student? Can teachers do that?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Right after failing to hit the Death Knight, Hilda just came to me and in a support said "you only live once" while trying to squirm out of work.

Nah, instead throw her on the frontlines. She hates hard work, so make her work the most out of everyone as punishment.

StormC

Smash Hero
you guys arent even gonna say what they are so we can cross reference are you
Working in the business, I prefer to keep quiet as much as I can on my ideas. It's not really that exciting without context. I won't go into detail, but I will leave the name of the video game.

Mega Man Star Force.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Give her a big ass armor and put her in the Frontline.

She won't die, unless mages are involve, but she get lots of **** throw her way.

Perfect way to punish her without losing her, she is worth it, trust me.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also in my experience with pitches, it isn't too big of a detriment if your story seems similar to others. A lot of pitches boil down to "my story is X meets Y." It's a quick and easy way to sell to producers, as long as it doesn't feel like it's actively trying to rip it off.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, if there is Minecraft **** in when Banjo comes, and it's a Creeper hat

Creeper
Aw man

Wait you're in Golden Deer and have issues with Death Knight? That's a first

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finally got the Owl spirit, which means I have all 1336 current ones.

Looking at them all now, I didn't realize some of these things had Spirits. Didn't know Vaati had a Spirit.

edit: some of the spirits aren't even put within a certain series. Prince Fluff isn't in the "Kirby series", he's just in the "Kirby's Epic Yarn" bit, which is exclusively him because yeah that makes sense.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So like, are the Owl and Link spirit permanent now?

Because I only own 50~ spirits, and fishing for those out of a pool of 1300 in a limited time seems near impossible lmao

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo the ****ing alternate costume glitch is back. I was gonna fight this Erdrick and he got defaulted to Luminary. Then I tried using Big the Cat Incineroar and got defaulted to ugly red on the second round.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, I can see Steve and Alex as the male and female on a Minecrafter Mii Swordfighter costume

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aw man

Wait you're in Golden Deer and have issues with Death Knight? That's a first
As I said earlier I'm doing a blind Hard/Classic play through, and I'm took the optional challenge of defeating him rather then routing the enemy.

...Why? Was there someone in the Golden Deer who could easily defeat him or something?
Gambit spam didn't work because his defense was to high and attacking regularly was difficult because his speed and crit were so high.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, I can see Steve and Alex as the male and female on a Minecrafter Mii Swordfighter costume
I can't. You're asking for them to give Mii Swordfighter a ****ty Halloween costume.

1565350192360.png

You want this?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
As I said earlier I'm doing a blind Hard/Classic play through, and I'm took the optional challenge of defeating him rather then routing the enemy.

...Why? Was there someone in the Golden Deer who could easily defeat him or something?
Gambit spam didn't work because his defense was to high and attacking regularly was difficult because his speed and crit were so high.
I haven't played GD but apparently lysithea can one shot him with dark spikes t

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't played GD but apparently lysithea can one shot him with dark spikes t
Ohhhh.

She hadn't learned that spell yet. And it was a blind play through, so I didn't realize she could learn that spell until I did one of those optional battles immediately after.

D

Deleted member

If we do get a Minecraft Mii Costume, I'd want it to be a full suit of Diamond Armor rather than being based on any particular skin

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Ohhhh.

She hadn't learned that spell yet. And it was a blind play through, so I didn't realize she could learn that spell until I did one of those optional battles immediately after.
you'll get more opportunities to fight him

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ohhhh.

Catherine, if you recruit her, can take him out in one battle during the second encounter with him. You could even Warp her right into his room with Lysithea on the first turn and end the map immediately, but I don't recommend losing out on EXP.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So like, are the Owl and Link spirit permanent now?

Because I only own 50~ spirits, and fishing for those out of a pool of 1300 in a limited time seems near impossible lmao
I usually just farm currency via playing online, and buy everything that appears in the in-game shops. It worked for most newly added Spirits (and previously exclusive ones like the Let's Go Pokémon), but it still took me forever to finally get the Toy-Con VR Goggles to show up again (wasn't able to play during its initial event).

Granted I worried more about crafting/upgrading all the base game ones first when I started playing. I didn't do WoL proper until like a month after launch. :213:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I usually just farm currency via playing online, and buy everything that appears in the in-game shops. It worked for most newly added Spirits (and previously exclusive ones like the Let's Go Pokémon), but it still took me forever to finally get the Toy-Con VR Goggles to show up again (wasn't able to play during its initial event).

Granted I worried more about crafting/upgrading all the base game ones first when I started playing. I didn't do WoL proper until like a month after launch. :213:
I have most of the spirits except a few of the legendary ones and a few of the ones that come exclusively from the challenge board. I just can’t get any more of then to show up on the spirit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom