• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At this point the closest thing we'll get to Steve in Smash. Better then nothing no? :p
That's a take so hot it's burnt. :240: Which also means it's total rubbish and wrong.

Besides, a Creeper hat is really all that you need. Outside of faces and helmets, Minecraft models can't fit Mii bodies. They don't bend in such complex ways, it would be looking like uncanny valley.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Turns out the guys who made the amazing world of gumball are making a new show.

That just so happens to have an identical plot to a cartoon concept I’ve been working on for a year.

Welp, it makes sense that a great idea would be thought of by someone else. Back to the drawin board.
I had an idea for a movie that I outlined back in high school (2008-ish) about a virtual reality system that you were able to hook directly into the sensory regions of the brain, giving you full immersion. It was structured like a video game, and there was even a major scene that took place involving a Penrose staircase.

Couple of years later, I watched Inception in the theaters and my jaw dropped, it even included the Penrose staircase. Dreams, rather than VR, sure, but then a year later the book Ready Player One came out (which RLM demonstrated was an idea directly related to a Danny Phantom episode).

As Shakespeare said, there's nothing new under the Sun. Which is an idea stolen from the Bible... which stole that from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. :chuckle:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I had an idea for a movie that I outlined back in high school (2008-ish) about a virtual reality system that you were able to hook directly into the sensory regions of the brain, giving you full immersion. It was structured like a video game, and there was even a major scene that took place involving a Penrose staircase.

Couple of years later, I watched Inception in the theaters and my jaw dropped, it even included the Penrose staircase. Dreams, rather than VR, sure, but then a year later the book Ready Player One came out (which RLM demonstrated was an idea directly related to a Danny Phantom episode).

As Shakespeare said, there's nothing new under the Sun. Which is an idea stolen from the Bible... which stole that from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. :chuckle:
And that’s why I don’t care. My ideas are mine and I don’t care how similar they are to other people’s.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's a take so hot it's burnt. :240: Which also means it's total rubbish and wrong.

Besides, a Creeper hat is really all that you need. Outside of faces and helmets, Minecraft models can't fit Mii bodies. They don't bend in such complex ways, it would be looking like uncanny valley.
I mean I'm not trying to damper any hopes there's still perhaps a small chance but more likely then not each of the following DLC will be from new franchises and new companies tbh with the sole exception of Capcom given its variable IP's and popularity.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Interesting
It's a long list. It's based on one of the versions of the 16 personalities/MBTI test. The difference is that the reference I'm using is actually cohesive and looks at personality functions instead of only 4 letters and nothing more. So, it'll be more accurate and far more viable.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Dude. Why is everyone so quick to dismiss a second Namco character?
I actually don't expect another Namco character because between Smash 4, Smash 4 DLC, and Ultimate's base, which Bandai Namco helped work on both games, there was only one character. I don't believe Sakurai thinks in terms of "balancing companies"--rather I would think he looks at the characters and then sees if their companies have good working relationships with Nintendo.

I would have expected us to have already gotten a Bandai Namco character by now if they were going to, and I feel like the reason is there is not as many big, well-requested characters as there are with Square Enix and Capcom. I'd personally love Agumon, and I feel like Lloyd is a possibility. But I wouldn't expect it myself, and if we do get another new company, my hope is Crash from Activision.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forgot to list that too thanks for reminding me. That and a second Capcom character are the only ones I can see otherwise not so much with other companies albeit of the small possibility.
Yeah. I really doubt they’ll double dip companies for any one slot on the pass.

Now separate post-Pass a la carte dlc or even a second pass, all that’s fair game.

Honestly they’d really be missing out to not keep this going for as long as possible. Ultimate is the perfect expandable platform, there’s still plenty they can add, and multiple seasons of dlc is kind of the norm now for fighting games.

And before you say that we shouldn’t expect it because it wasn’t explicitly labeled as “Fighter Pass 1”, I can’t name a single fighting game that hasn’t labeled it as just “season pass” and then only added in the numbers on 2-3.

I’m certainly not expecting anything. The second you expect it it’s not happening. That’s how Nintendo works on a cosmic level. But I do believe it would be very silly not to keep going.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy mother of dragon God I just got the timeskip.

So much **** just happened, and I don't even know where to begi-

*see post timeskip Marianne*

Oh

*See her A-Support*

Ooooh!!

*See her A-Support with Hilda*

AWWWWWW, MY HEART.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually don't expect another Namco character because between Smash 4, Smash 4 DLC, and Ultimate's base, which Bandai Namco helped work on both games, there was only one character. I don't believe Sakurai thinks in terms of "balancing companies"--rather I would think he looks at the characters and then sees if their companies have good working relationships with Nintendo.

I would have expected us to have already gotten a Bandai Namco character by now if they were going to, and I feel like the reason is there is not as many big, well-requested characters as there are with Square Enix and Capcom. I'd personally love Agumon, and I feel like Lloyd is a possibility. But I wouldn't expect it myself, and if we do get another new company, my hope is Crash from Activision.
I don’t get that mindset. I really don’t understand. “If he wanted to do it he would have done it before” like what? That doesn’t make any sense.

D

Deleted member

The closest thing we're getting to a Blazblue rep in Ultimate is the Yu Narukami Mii Costume :p

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
And before you say that we shouldn’t expect it because it wasn’t explicitly labeled as “Fighter Pass 1”, I can’t name a single fighting game that hasn’t labeled it as just “season pass” and then only added in the numbers on 2-3.
As much as I really hope for multiple season passes, because I'd rather keep adding to Ultimate than them working on a next installment, Nintendo.... is weird. They do a lot of weird, sometimes underwhelming things, because they go their own way. DLC itself is new to Nintendo, and from previous games that have done it, doesn't encourage optimism. I can name a million things they've done with the Switch and its games that feels outdated from where the rest of the gaming space is. Add to that Sakurai saying he did not like the idea of a Season Pass to begin with--I'm more cautious than I am optimistic.

I don’t get that mindset. I really don’t understand. “If he wanted to do it he would have done it before” like what? That doesn’t make any sense.
That's not what I said, though. :) I said I would have expected it sooner, given they help work on the games and doing a deal would, presumably, be much easier, and I can imagine a reason why they haven't--not that many big, heavily requested characters that Sakurai would go to Bandai Namco for. Especially since there's a lot from Square and Capcom to choose from already. I think all of that is reasonable--I'm not saying it's not going to happen, I'm saying that I don't expect it to (and also I mentioned I do want Agumon).

On the other hand, I don't understand the mindset of "balancing companies"--I don't think that is the first thing Sakurai thinks about. I think he looks at the franchises/characters first, and then figures out if there's a way to make it happen. But I could see Tekken, Tales, Digimon coming in, I just, unfortunately, don't expect it.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We have the sales figures for the first 10 days of Three Houses in Japan. It managed to sell 35,804 copies day 4-10, bringing the total to 178,934. It was, however, usurped from its top spot by Super Mario Maker 2. A mere 700 copies is what separated the two.

So, what do you think? Are you really happy with these numbers, or were you expecting something better?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just saw someone on reddit sarcastically reply with "clearly video games are to blame" and my first thought waa that I wanted to say "the crests are to blame."

In other news, last night I finished chapter 18 of the Black Eagles route and I can honestly say I've never been more shocked by a video game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I’ve won tournaments with:
Same. Playing against CPU, friends, or even those online similar to my score is one thing. Playing someone in a Tournament--"I can't even move... I'm essentially as useful as an inanimate toy." :chuckle:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just saw someone on reddit sarcastically reply with "clearly video games are to blame" and my first thought waa that I wanted to say "the crests are to blame."

In other news, last night I finished chapter 18 of the Black Eagles route and I can honestly say I've never been more shocked by a video game.
Ah yes, an individual of great taste.

Good pick my friend, good pick.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We have the sales figures for the first 10 days of Three Houses in Japan. It managed to sell 35,804 copies day 4-10, bringing the total to 178,934. It was, however, usurped from its top spot by Super Mario Maker 2. A mere 700 copies is what separated the two.

So, what do you think? Are you really happy with these numbers, or were you expecting something better?
Honestly it's nothing to worry about. Someone else went into more detail than I could about this sort of thing, so I'll just copy and paste. It's one of those cases where context is really important.

Alright, let’s clear some things up.

1. Fire Emblem’s drop from previous games in the series can largely be attributed to shortages and a much larger than average digital share. The game is consistently selling almost all of the allotted stock, meaning its literally impossible for it to sell much more without Nintendo shipping more. Additionally, the digital share for the game will be significantly higher than normal due to both shortages and the NSO Vouchers (SMM2 also had an abnormally higher digital share bc of vouchers).

2. A 75% week 2 drop is perfectly normal for a RPG, which generally have poor legs. For comparison Awakening had a 75% drop and Fates had a 79% drop. Its a perfectly normal drop for a game of its genre, and it’ll be hard to tell what legs it really has till week 3 or 4.

3. Switch sales are falling because of the Switch w/ better battery life and Switch Lite coming out. There will probably be a small bump (~60k) when the better battery life version comes out, before falling again until the Lite comes out, when sales will soar once again. For comparison, PS3 sales dropped to around 2k a week just before the Slim version released.

TL;DR: Both FETH & the Switch are doing fine.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, the more I see peoples praising Edel, the more I feel like Dimitri.
happy freeza2.jpg

I'm OK don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom