• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My favorite scene from Alice in Wonderland

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
accidentally called Marge “Bulma”…Bulmarge
Lisa: Looks like if a K-On character was raised in America and going through a phase.

Homer: Lost his way through a night in Kamurocho, got blessed by sake, narrowly avoided a fight with Kiryu and is now side story character for Ichiban.

Marge: This character but older and got reverse isekaied to become a housewife.
1666781251285.png

Looks interesting though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
So, I found out that the Meg movie is getting a sequel next year and I have one question:
How are they going to bring back the shark even thought it was killed by the smaller ones?

Maybe another one that was a baby from the dead shark that later grows big.

And I think the Trench book had a Kronosaurus which would be awesome to see on the big screen.
(Gimme a underwater battle between Krono and Mega, that could be epic.)
It's possible a few other megalodons might have escaped from the Mariana trench.

Also probably going back down there like in the books.
god why did they waste the Justice Society on a Black Adam movie. Heck. The only reason they got in a movie was because they weren't the headliners. Sadness.
That's something I was honestly thinking.

Although I enjoyed the movie, it honestly felt like the second Black Adam movie in the DCEU. Felt it should've been an origin movie of how Black Adam came to be and how corruption eventually got him imprisoned.

Pierce Broson though delivered an excellent performance though.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My favourite has to be this deception of the Jersey Devil:
View attachment 362721
Maybe alligators, say supposedly they had a wider range back then in such a world and those ancestors are what eventually became the Bear Lake Monster.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's something I was honestly thinking.

Although I enjoyed the movie, it honestly felt like the second Black Adam movie in the DCEU. Felt it should've been an origin movie of how Black Adam came to be and how corruption eventually got him imprisoned.
That's just me but I, for one, enjoyed that the movie wasn't an origin film because those tend to take forever to get to the action. For all its faults, it felt like a good old comic book title where heroes can just stumble upon, fight, then work together with the bad guy.

Also, was Black Adam really "corrupt" in the first place? The only "wrong" things he did was losing control of his power and killing really, really bad people.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got more art today. This time a Spawn for when it was Closer to Halloween. Not much else to say other than I tried a different coloring style and that Spawn's a character I never really tire of drawing.

That's just me but I, for one, enjoyed that the movie wasn't an origin film because those tend to take forever to get to the action. For all its faults, it felt like a good old comic book title where heroes can just stumble upon, fight, then work together with the bad guy.

Also, was Black Adam really "corrupt" in the first place? The only "wrong" things he did was losing control of his power and killing really, really bad people.
That's more in line with making him an "anti-hero" instead of a villain, similar to Venom's film. So that the audience feels less bad for rooting for him. But in general, killing people is usually a huge no-no in American Superhero stories in Marvel/DC. Until you get to Miguel O'Hara.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
those Tales of the Jedi shorts were ****ing amazing

and it’s good to know that Yoda was just a full on ****ing weirdo now that we know the the rest of his species can speak actual English through Yaddle

also all hail Ahsoka

Dukefire

Smash Master
Have you seen the next Gameplay demo footage on Sonic Frontiers? The combat, music and exploration is great. Spoiler tag in case.

Also, Demo gameplay for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the movie was slightly different.

Don't recall the whole son transferring powers to his father (Black Adam).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the comics, he was chosen as the first Shazam but soon he let power get to his head leading to him becoming corrupted hence unworthy and imprisoned.

Regarding an origin movie though, they can always make a prequel which I'd be down for.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Mid is returning
What's the Over/Under they credit the animators this time?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a bright day to align with the black night

Mid is returning
once you go taco you never go baco

Jondolio

Smash Hero

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
While I'm really not interested in following the DCEU, I'm surprised some reviews are calling Black Adam the "worst movie ever".

Either the film has a ridiculous amount of severe problems, or a lot of critics don't actually know what a truly bad film is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
While I'm really not interested in following the DCEU, I'm surprised some reviews are calling Black Adam the "worst movie ever".

Either the film has a ridiculous amount of severe problems, or a lot of critics don't actually know what a truly bad film is.
People tend to equate being mediocre with being a sacrilege against everything holy these days.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People tend to equate being mediocre with being a sacrilege against everything holy these days.
Hyperbole gets clicks
It is surprising how both things are true about how society operates, but what people think is not exactly right. I don't know what went through the heads of first people who who review who thought mediocre was bad when they first said that in media, leading to that line of thought becoming popular.

I hear even getting a B or 80 is bad to many out there too, when it is not.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
fist
Now get a good showrunner and a good actor for John
if only Phil LaMarr’s voice could be placed onto anybody
God that movie was such ASS lmao
true…but that line was its most iconic one

plus we all know that WW84, Suicide Squad, and Josstice League are the actual worst ones…within the DCEU that is

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Mid is returning
A definite guilty pleasure of mine.

So ****** up but in a funny way.

Come on really? Compared to WW1984, Josstice League or Batman vs. Superman!?

Despite some flaws, I actually enjoyed Black Adam.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can't wait for the angry moms and dads who bring their kids in this

thinking it's a kiddy movie then the fun begins
They probably won't accept responsibility too, even when they did not do the research themselves or look at PG ratings or whatever they are called. No one even warned them, they just assume it themselves, and won't accept that it is basically their fault that they brought their kids into a non-kids movie.

Top Bottom