• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Chris Evans as Link

Scarlett Johansson as Samus Aran

Imagine that if The Legend of Zelda and Metroid both gets American animated films. Lol.

Edit: Too bad Jim Carrey retired. He would have been a good voice casting choice for Waluigi. Imagine that, Danny Devito Wario and Jim Carrey Waluigi for a future Mario sequel.
I get it’s a joke, though if we’re going with unironic choices, I’d go with Taron Egerton as Link and Lucy Liu for Samus.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
accidentally called Marge “Bulma”…Bulmarge
I get it’s a joke, though if we’re going with unironic choices, I’d go with Taron Egerton as Link and Lucy Liu for Samus.
Brie Larson would commit war just to get a Samus role

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
accidentally called Marge “Bulma”…Bulmarge

Brie Larson would commit war just to get a Samus role
And?

This is also in context to an animated film, an avenue she hasn’t taken up yet

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974).

You know its a masterpiece of a movie whenever after nearly 50 years the chase scene with Leatherface scares the **** out of you or keep you at the edge of your seat near the end. It still did with me.

Horror movies nowadays can't even compare or do that.

Tobe Hooper was a legend. RIP.

And how Leatherface is first introduced. No music, no tense build-up. He just pops up and kills Kirk before slamming the door.

Pure genius. Truly a movie of its time.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Well I accomplished one of my goals which was to beat 10 games within this year.
I have beaten:
Persona 5 Strikers
Gaucamelee
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Scott Pilgrim vs the World: the Game
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Spiritfayer
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I kept on wondering about Elsa's bloodstone gem, whether that might be another item of interest for Kang could have?

Either ways having watched Werewolf by Night, I'm hoping that this isn't the last we see of Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf by Night and Man-Thing.
with the wolf and Man-Thing set to appear in the multiverse ride for Disneyland, they better stay long term
And?

This is also in context to an animated film, an avenue she hasn’t taken up yet
VA wise she did a thing in Fortnite, and It helps that most animated movies these days don’t necessarily go after those with a huge experience within that department.

Plus her being a big name + already being a huge fan of Nintendo, and that specific series (also already playing a blonde galactic warrior) would be more than enough to give her the shot she wants. Otherwise we can hope she voices Isabelle…oh god…that would be weird why would I say that

edit: nvm she has some more VA history (mostly as a recurring character, so the bit of experience helps)
Yoooo,

Disco Stu
oh my
WHY DO THE DESIGNS LOOK GOOD THO
Lisa fits the style way to well
I'd actually watch this ngl
I know that most of the recent episodes have been pulling a SpongeBob by being far better than their drought days (Moe benefitted most based on what I remember), but to go from a Bill Cipher to having the Death Note people make a parody for them may be the best things the series has done post Disney[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
VA wise she did a thing in Fortnite, and It helps that most animated movies these days don’t necessarily go after those with a huge experience within that department.

Plus her being a big name + already being a huge fan of Nintendo, and that specific series (also already playing a blonde galactic warrior) would be more than enough to give her the shot she wants. Otherwise we can hope she voices Isabelle…oh god…that would be weird why would I say that
Look dude, I’m really sick of her being brought up whenever this topic gets discussed. Like I get it, she’s a fan, I just don’t think she deserves the role just because of it and I’m tired of having every other casting choice I bring up getting shot down because of her. Can you just let me not have to treat her as the be all/end all option?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that Sparks of Hope does not worry about how turns were taken or which teammates are still active unlike Kingdom Battle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How far are you into the series?
Currently season 8. Almost finished.

Just got back into it beginning of this month, especially knowing in the end its just entertainment and not the end-of-all-debates.

Also I would so totally expect Boomstick to make a Shrek joke if that match were to be done. Lol.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So would I be crazy if I said that so far, Undertale has a better OST tham Deltarune?
They're both really good but Undertale's OST is definitely better, in my opinion.

...still not better than DKC2. Perhaps one day that OST will be passed by a different OST but I'm not counting on it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look dude, I’m really sick of her being brought up whenever this topic gets discussed. Like I get it, she’s a fan, I just don’t think she deserves the role just because of it and I’m tired of having every other casting choice I bring up getting shot down because of her. Can you just let me not have to treat her as the be all/end all option?
I wouldn’t say she’s treated as an end all be all option, but more of an acceptable choice that wouldn’t cause people to Chris Pratt it up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wouldn’t say she’s treated as an end all be all option, but more of an acceptable choice that wouldn’t cause people to Chris Pratt it up.
Eh, debatable. Would still like to bring up other actresses I feel would fit Samus without Larson being brought up.

Still not over Pratt Mario. Honestly though, I think Stanley Tucci could’ve been a stellar Mario

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
So, I found out that the Meg movie is getting a sequel next year and I have one question:
How are they going to bring back the shark even thought it was killed by the smaller ones?

Maybe another one that was a baby from the dead shark that later grows big.

And I think the Trench book had a Kronosaurus which would be awesome to see on the big screen.
(Gimme a underwater battle between Krono and Mega, that could be epic.)

Top Bottom