• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I recently got into Fear and Hunger. It seems like a fascinating game that I will never ever play because I'm a ***** so I'm watching CDawgVA play it

Shroob

Sup?
I recently got into Fear and Hunger. It seems like a fascinating game that I will never ever play because I'm a ***** so I'm watching CDawgVA play it
Game's got a lot of definitely triggering content for some folk, but if you can look past it, it's a 'good' game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Game's got a lot of definitely triggering content for some folk, but if you can look past it, it's a 'good' game.
I'm sure it's good, but I value my sanity and I think the triggering **** might be too much even for me

That's why I'm resorting to watching playthroughs

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
After taking the Little Big Planet 3 servers down in January for fixing technical issues, Sony announced the servers will not be coming back online.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The biggest problem with online services for consoles is that once the console becomes outdated, the companies behind the games or consoles can decide to shut the servers down for games whenever the hell they want, even if they're still getting plenty of activity.

Granted, that might be more of an issue with the companies maintaining control over whether or not their games keep their online services up to begin with, but at least with PC games the servers for any popular online games are likely to have a much longer lifespan due to them being playable on any decent PC and not just something that's only available for consoles with their own unique features and hardware.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So somebody leaked the entire slate of Fortnite and its game modes coming throughout the next year.

This has leaked several upcoming collabs and the themes of future seasons. Keep in mind this does not affect any rumors like one piece because that would be in the item shop and not on this map.

I guess I’ll spoiler it because epic’s tease for the next festival season basically confirmed this leak.

Granted I don’t know people thought it was fake to begin. No one is taking their time to do this when it would be disproven in two days. Also AI can’t make lego replicas because it’s still pretty garbage

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So yeah the 64 bit TF2 update got pushed out and the game feels fantastic now. Getting a HUGE FPS Boost.

....bots are....still here tho.
But this time, they have 64 bits.
Or maybe you liked it in 32 bits.
Or 16 bits
8 bits
4 bits
2 bits
1 bit
HALF BIT
QUATER BIT
NICE SHOT MAAAAAATE

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So yeah the 64 bit TF2 update got pushed out and the game feels fantastic now. Getting a HUGE FPS Boost.

They'll likely remain there unless Valve develops a new and improved anti-cheat or more people start working on the game again.

To my knowledge, there's only an extremely small number of devs currently working on TF2, especially compared to CS2 and Dota 2.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So somebody leaked the entire slate of Fortnite and its game modes coming throughout the next year.

This has leaked several upcoming collabs and the themes of future seasons. Keep in mind this does not affect any rumors like one piece because that would be in the item shop and not on this map.

I guess I’ll spoiler it because epic’s tease for the next festival season basically confirmed this leak.

Granted I don’t know people thought it was fake to begin. No one is taking their time to do this when it would be disproven in two days. Also AI can’t make lego replicas because it’s still pretty garbage
Leaked footage of Fortnite lobbies next season:
IMG_7344.jpeg

Reactions: Z25

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To my knowledge, there's only an extremely small number of devs currently working on TF2, especially compared to CS2
And it feels like CS2 too is only being maintained by a janitor and a potted plant.

Not just because it still doesn't have all the maps and modes CSGO did, but it's worse than GO when it comes to cheaters, and most of the servers in the server browser are lying about their playercounts.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
McDonald’s of all places managed to spoil some big enough MCU characters for Captain America: Brave New World (New World Order/nWo is still the better name tho)
1713568616635.jpeg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And it feels like CS2 too is only being maintained by a janitor and a potted plant.

Not just because it still doesn't have all the maps and modes CSGO did, but it's worse than GO when it comes to cheaters, and most of the servers in the server browser are lying about their playercounts.
And this among other changes to the game are why I haven't gone back to CSGO after the change to CS2.

Did Valve learn nothing from how badly Blizzard screwed up Overwatch 2?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's an indie sale on the Switch's eShop, so I picked up Sea of Stars and Penny's Big Breakaway.

I didn't do much research into either game, but by my understanding, Sea of Stars is inspired by Chrono Trigger, while Penny's Big Breakaway is from the team behind Sonic Mania, so that's good enough for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pit bulls are one of the cutest dogs out there but some people just haaad to ruin it and now they are seen as killing machines

Lifes not fair
Watch Dodo's videos on YouTube. It'll show how sweet and kind pitbulls can be like any other dogs.

There's no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner raising a dog.

Dukefire

Smash Master

Bots will always be there in any game.
Screenshot_20240407_224603_YouTube.jpg

Still, the pros outweigh the cons. In some ways.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
169.3 gigs for MK1 is insane
Any gigs for that game is insane unless you're flushing those gigs down the toilet.

Sorry, I shouldn't be a hater who just sees a thing I don't like and rains on people's parade. But man I used to really love MK and still love certain eras of the franchise. But man.... it is so depressing where the series has gone.
Oh yeah, tf2 is smooth now but the servers.

There's nobody there
I have a friend who will be there in a few days when she gets internet so... you'll have one player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom