• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
G mode is releasing something called Persona 3 Aegis The First Mission.

Is this like… a prequel to Persona 3?
Pretty much. It takes 10 years before P3 and mainly deals with Aigis and Kirijo Group. It's actually pretty cool how they're preserving this.
just need it in English to fully and embracefully enjoy the full Aigis experience even further

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So far I find Pikmin 2 to be significantly less engaging than 1 or 3.

Imagine implementing a second playable character which could open up a treasure trove of galaxy brain strats only to remove the time limit.
Imagine making a beautifully designed overworld for you to explore only for the highlights to be ugly ass randomly generated caves.

It's still fun but the gameplay loop does not give me the same intense desire to play it at every waking moment like the aforementioned other two games do

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yo where the heck has Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi been

I’m noticing a distinct lack of Canadian cartoons in the thread
Last I heard, she was with her friend. She was walking with her friend when she noticed a bit of a gorge between the sidewalks. Thinking they can both make the jump, she lifted her friend she decided to run and jump across it, but at the last second her friend jumped off her shoulders for an extra boost, sending her into the abyss.

She should be fine though, just got to find another mystery box.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Imagine implementing a second playable character which could open up a treasure trove of galaxy brain strats only to remove the time limit.
Imagine making a beautifully designed overworld for you to explore only for the highlights to be ugly ass randomly generated caves.

It's still fun but the gameplay loop does not give me the same intense desire to play it at every waking moment like the aforementioned other two games do
The caves and randomized layouts of most of them are some of my favorite aspects about 2, but it's a significant gameplay change from the first game, so I can get why they're not for everyone.

I don't really see how most of them are "ugly", though. Only some of the early ones are really bland looking, and even then almost all of them have unique features, designs and plants to help them stand out or add to the immersion.

Having said all that, ,however, I do agree 2 seriously underutilized the potential of having two playable Captains. 3 handles having multiple Captains much better, both by having a new type of time limit and by adding several new mechanics that allow the Captains to cooperate and directly help each other, in addition to still being able to manage separate Pikmin squads on opposite sides of the map.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The caves and randomized layouts of most of them are some of my favorite aspects about 2, but it's a significant gameplay change from the first game, so I can get why they're not for everyone.

I don't really see how most of them are "ugly", though. Only some of the early ones are really bland looking, and even then almost all of them have unique features, designs and plants to help them stand out or add to the immersion.

Having said all that, ,however, I do agree 2 seriously underutilized the potential of having two playable Captains. 3 handles having multiple Captains much better, both by having a new type of time limit and by adding several new mechanics that allow the Captains to cooperate and directly help each other, in addition to still being able to manage separate Pikmin squads on opposite sides of the map.
My squad and I spawned right next to a lethal poison that killed some of my Pikmin. ****ed up thag it can happen.

So far I can't differentiate between most of the caves and even if I could, they pale in comparison to the overworld

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My squad and I spawned right next to a lethal poison that killed some of my Pikmin. ****ed up thag it can happen.

So far I can't differentiate between most of the caves and even if I could, they pale in comparison to the overworld
Not sure what cave that happened in, because while I've seen Poision traps spawn close, I don't think I've ever quite seen that happen in all the times I've played through the game.

How far are you into the game thus far? I do agree that the Overworld levels look much better than most of the caves, though.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
So uhh... it's Super Paper Mario's 15th anniversary today
I'm starting to feel very old.
15 years since best Mario character
maxresdefault (2)~2.jpg

The best advice I can give you is to treat the game like it does have a time limit and go for lowest number of days to complete it.

You can still do a lot of satisfying multitasking with the 2 leaders, and without spoiling too much, said multitasking becomes almost required to survive certain caves.

And the caves aren't exactly random, every floor has a set of rooms and hallways that it strings together in a certain way. But yeah they definitely aren't too pretty lol.

Gameplay wise, later caves definitely get more interesting and difficult. There absolutely will be at least 1 or 2 times where you just get destroyed by late-game enemies or nasty traps.

I'd actually consider the latter half of Pikmin 2 to be hardest of the series by far, despite it not having a failure condition like 1 and 3.
Depending on your tastes, this might help it make up for the infinite time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not sure what cave that happened in, because while I've seen Poision traps spawn close, I don't think I've ever quite seen that happen in all the times I've played through the game.

How far are you into the game thus far? I do agree that the Overworld levels look much better than most of the caves, though.
I paid 50% of the debt so far and have 3 areas unlocked

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I paid 50% of the debt so far and have 3 areas unlocked
If you're going for full game completion I'm happy to tell you you're not even 1/4 of the way done.

About the poison accident you had, all I can tell you is that you must have experienced a rare bug.

I've played through the game fully 3 times and the worst spawn I ever got had a Spotted Bulbear already aggro'd and rushing down a hallway to murder us.

Total flashbang of a spawn coming right after a safe floor, but still enough time to react.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Kinda wish there was more content for pikmin 4.. Dandori will get old after a while and not much to do after the story concludes..

Also new avatar after not being on in a long ass time :lol:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In other news, Sony may buy Paramount
Wha? Where was this?

Anyway, I do know Sony was going to make the Sonic movie before, the one that would then be turned over to Paramount. Looks like Sony could be making Sonic movies now.

How bad is this, if it is bad, by the way?

Top Bottom