• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Been playing the Metal Gear Solid Master Collection on PS5 these past couple of days and I finally managed to complete the two MSX games for the first time ever.

They have some archaic design and I had to consult a guide more times than I'd like to admit, but they still hold up well, especially Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It was actually pretty neat to see just how many elements were lifted from that game and included in Metal Gear Solid.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been playing the Metal Gear Solid Master Collection on PS5 these past couple of days and I finally managed to complete the two MSX games for the first time ever.

They have some archaic design and I had to consult a guide more times than I'd like to admit, but they still hold up well, especially Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It was actually pretty neat to see just how many elements were lifted from that game and included in Metal Gear Solid.
One of my pipe dreams/pet projects is to remake MG2 as a SNES game since otherwise Metal Gear is absent from that system.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One of my pipe dreams/pet projects is to remake MG2 as a SNES game since otherwise Metal Gear is absent from that system.
A MG2 remake with SNES sprite work and sound would be dope.

I know a lot of people would prefer a full third person remake of MG2 and I can't say that I wouldn't enjoy that too, but I've honestly come to appreciate how the older games operate and would be okay with just a visual upgrade and more conveyance for some of the trickier sections.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A MG2 remake with SNES sprite work and sound would be dope.

I know a lot of people would prefer a full third person remake of MG2 and I can't say that I wouldn't enjoy that too, but I've honestly come to appreciate how the older games operate and would be okay with just a visual upgrade and more conveyance for some of the trickier sections.
Well I’ll let you know if I ever finish it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So about that Paper Mario survey...

Just like the first one, it apparently wasn't supposed to go completely public and it was just some random dude that shared his link on 4chan or whatever.

The survey is now shut down and the results are probably null and void because of all the randos that flooded in to answer it.
****. That’s gonna be a problem.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So about that Paper Mario survey...

Just like the first one, it apparently wasn't supposed to go completely public and it was just some random dude that shared his link on 4chan or whatever.

The survey is now shut down and the results are probably null and void because of all the randos that flooded in to answer it.
Keep the faith

Survey or no survey, Nintendo has clearly noticed what people want out of Mario RPGs. How long it’ll take until they really start to get it together, I couldn’t tell you. But the future of this sub-genre of funny plumber games looks bright.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Give us back unique partner characters like Goombario, Parakarry, Bow, Bombette, Lakilester, Gombella, Koops, Yoshi Kid, Vivian, and Admiral Bobbery, and the series will already be making a strong return to form.

Even if the gameplay doesn't hold up to the series' first three games or even Origami King, I really just want to see unique characters and a good story in the Paper Mario series again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
odd that the reason Kamala Khan died last year was simply because Kevin Feige asked for it to be so in order to make her a mutant

…so why isn’t he using his power to make the Amazing Spider-Man comics be good again?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Decided to play Overwatch 2 since hey, all the heroes including the newest one are now free.

After playing a few matches, I think Venture may be my new favorite character to play as, due to their personality and mechanics.

Only downside is they suffer from what I like to call “Ain’t no air fighter” syndrome, but even then, I still enjoy using them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can I get away with calling battle passes one of the worst things ever invented in gaming history?

They aren't always a bad thing but they're opened the door for way too many micro-transactions and have encouraged more than a few game companies to lock non cosmetic content behind paywalls, even if temporarily.

I think in their early days, most Battle Passes were fine since they mostly just served as a way for a player to get a little bit of new and sometimes exclusive cosmetic items, but nowadays they feel like just another excuse for devs to try and get more money out it's playerbase.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I liked her as an inhuman. I like the inhumans in general. **** sucks.
she’s still an Inhuman, but due to the death + drastic demotion of their species, Kamala will pretty much be there to focus just on human and mutant stuff now (unfortunate for hardcore Inhumans fans, as the X-Men life is likely gonna be hers forever)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When the unlockables are all cosmetics and do not affect gameplay at all, I'm ok with battle passes. When they are things like actual characters, unique gameplay mechanics, and stages/maps, I am not ok with it.

In other words, Multiversus shows why a live action Smash Bros, let alone live action fighting game, is a disaster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When the unlockables are all cosmetics and do not affect gameplay at all, I'm ok with battle passes. When they are things like actual characters, unique gameplay mechanics, and stages/maps, I am not ok with it.

In other words, Multiversus shows why a live action Smash Bros, let alone live action fighting game, is a disaster.
makes you wonder why there isn’t a smart person making decisions for WBD with how obsessed they are with live service games and cutting shows/movies abruptly

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You mean live service?
makes you wonder why there isn’t a smart person making decisions for WBD with how obsessed they are with live service games and cutting shows/movies abruptly
Capitalism will kill entertainment and nothing will be the same after it dies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, the concept of entertainment will persist as long as the human spirit does. What'll happen though is that corporations will get so wrapped up in trying to maximize profit with their IPs and eventually we'll reach a breaking point in the entertainment industry. Things might get rough for a while but the intrinsic human desire to tell stories will persevere.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Capitalism will also make a documentary on how they killed entertainment.

Nah, the concept of entertainment will persist as long as the human spirit does. What'll happen though is that corporations will get so wrapped up in trying to maximize profit with their IPs and eventually we'll reach a breaking point in the entertainment industry. Things might get rough for a while but the intrinsic human desire to tell stories will persevere.
At least until the day corporations learn how to broadcast commercials directly into our dreams.

3CnPJB.gif

StormC

Smash Hero
We're probably close to that breaking point already.

Extremely long article but very much worth reading.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
G mode is releasing something called Persona 3 Aegis The First Mission.

Is this like… a prequel to Persona 3?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
G mode is releasing something called Persona 3 Aegis The First Mission.

Is this like… a prequel to Persona 3?
Pretty much. It takes 10 years before P3 and mainly deals with Aigis and Kirijo Group. It's actually pretty cool how they're preserving this.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
"I think it is important to hear both sides"
Chuggaaconroy once again admits he is very much guilty about the accusations even if he tries to downplay the pedophile stuff
Just say you hate women dude, you don't need to try defending the guy saying "Officer, the 15 year old came on to me first"
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go on a slightly long rant.

Honestly, this kind of reply is exactly why I didn't want to bother replying with you back then, Cutie. I'm frankly disappointed in you, and in the fact that you twist "hearing both sides" into me wanting to "defend the guy". I never said that thing, ever, nor do I have any ill intent toward women. Every time I try to at least mention some update about him, you immediately come to try to attack me, and this time it's not different, in fact you seem to assume that I just 'hate' women. The constant posts against me are getting tiring.

I still stand by what I said earlier which is this following: I do not condone Chuggaaconroy's actions. And I'm sure KillerCage doesn't have to forgive him just as he said replying to me. You know what? Out of all the people here, I also think his reply was one of the most mature ones, next to Tim / NintendoCapriSun, which I'm sure doesn't often get seen in recent youtube people who get caught up into controversy, unlike those that will just double down, he backpedaled and actually owned up to his actions, explained the circumstances around it, and cut contact when it happened. There is already so much accountability. What more do one like him need to take better accountability? At this point, it might as well not be mentioned as a word, because it's becoming a buzzword.

Masae has posted an update that corroborates with what Emile said, they were indeed dating for about 10 years, and she says the omission was to prevent speculation about personal lives; she also wishes him well on his journey. This recontextualizes the video moments, knowing they were actually in a relationship at that time; initially, due to lack of clarification, the context looked to be much worse. Emile even requested people to not go after her. I'm sure you can understand. We do not want harassment around.

Just like with Emily and Masae, Emile also explained the circumstances around the Lawly thing, and agrees that the way the conversation was being steered in, is why he cut off contact. Honestly, I wouldn't want to try to continue interacting if the chat gets too weird, either. Did you miss the part where EVEN HIS MOTHER FELT UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THE WHOLE THING? Or how about the discord chat? I'm afraid to get into it because of the topic which I'm pretty sure is against rules, but the behavior really isn't okay, especially when Lawly mentioned things about multiple adults back then, too.

You want to know my main problem with the whole thing? He literally was not allowed, back then, to have a chance to tell his full story, there were just quite the barrage of allegations against him, and it took his friends Tim and Jon for him to get back on track. And addressing these allegations takes a toll on people, especially on him, as his posts about himself implies having been assaulted when he was younger. This is not something that one can just 'get over', it's going to have an impact for the rest of his life. He even had to talk about suicide here, which he almost got driven to, due to the whole experience, and he even had some struggles with having a physical meeting with his girlfriend. He is very grateful for his girlfriend who came to his aid in a time of need.

There's so much empathy here, there is so much apologizing, explaining, and sorting out the situation. He has done bad things, YES, however, he is also the one who's had the most mature reply and behavior out of everyone in the whole situation, something we rarely see in the present era. I don't think it should be award worthy; I do still think this is worth at least pointing out, as it indicates his character and his personality. It's just soul crushing that due to the whole thing, he has pretty much lost his passion. But seeing the manner you reply here... I think it's just better to be honest, I've been trying to be nice about the whole thing:

I believe the way you replied to me about what I "said" is actually starting to make you look bad, and making it worse. You could just be simply saying that you still cannot forgive him, and that's okay. But instead, every of your reply toward me is that of hostility. You seem to be twisting my words around. I simply said it answers everything, including with Masae, Emily and Lawly, which are all victims that he addresses in the doc. And I recall you didn't even bother waiting for Chugga's full side of story.

This cycle keeps happening: there's allegations or controversies, the victims gain a boost in visibility and feeling heard, and instead of giving the other side a chance to reply to what's going on, people latch on it as a way to attempt to silence the other party or even get them off Internet. We are lucky that he is still with us to tell his side of story which recontextualizes everything. The truth is somewhere in the middle. And if anything continuing this cycle is going to actually harm real victims, victims who had a genuinely traumatizing experience, it be overall or with someone, and that is why I choose to stick to hearing from both sides. Chuggaa did not need to have to recount his story, in every detail necessary. Some of what he said, he didn't even want to get it out there. Now, he has to, because it is VITAL to the whole situation. And worst, he has lost his passion for videogames, and for recording Let's Play videos, because of the whole drama. Honestly, I can understand why if he doesn't want to come back to making video ever.

Again, let me reiterate. You do not have to forgive him, you do not have to acknowledge his presence ever, or hell, it's okay to leave the conversation when there's mentions about him. In fact, if you want to continue replying with this tone toward me, it's whatever. Perhaps I DO deserve it, after all. However, if you're going to continue saying these things toward me, then you can respectfully get off the high horse about accusing it toward me. I hate the notion of being unable to allow both sides to give a more proper, full response at once and instead harassing the other side off. I hate missing context. There is no hate toward women: there is just me denouncing the problem of wanting both sides to make a clear, concise, proper reply, without omitting things on purpose. Please tell me then, in your view, how is this downplaying the issue? It seems to me more that you're downplaying his replies, and his own mental state, as if you didn't read through in a thorough manner, and as someone who has a disability it irritates me.

Werster, the one who posted Lawly's doc, is starting to get backlash because of omitted context. It sounded believable at first I'll admit it, which likely was the last nail in the coffin for anyone remaining who was hoping for an answer, however with Chuggaaconroy's reply, it's now shifting against her. This is exactly what happens when context is missing from the other side. We heard Lawly's side, HOWEVER we never got to see the other side. It would have been different if we heard both sides in a few days, but Chuggaa's side only came a few months after. And this comes at the moment when everyone's just now starting to heal, too. I genuinely mean it: **** off with any potential replies being "we do not need to hear the other side, we already know". THIS PREVENTS THE OTHER PARTY FROM COMING OUT WITH DETAILS, BUT IT'S STILL SOMEHOW OKAY IN THIS PERIOD OF THIS. ****. THIS.

People can choose to not like me for what I said, and that is okay. I don't doubt people will just ignore all of what I said at one point, or even that someone will reply to me and they'll get more liked than me because now I'm "defending" (even though it's not the case, and I am adding context). But I am getting tired of this kind of treatment and assumption, and I refuse to tolerate it, I'm going to put my foot DOWN and say how I really feel. Even at the time of writing this, I am feeling emotional, it's been a while since I'm actually pissed off. I HATE MISCONSTRUCTED INTENT AND WORDS.

Unless I somehow feel in mood, or feel the need, I don't think i'll come back until June or something, when school is nearby over, I have a lot on my plate, and I am dealing with problems in real life. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

Top Bottom