• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It won't happen but if in the chance Keanu Reeves starred in a creature feature. It should be an adaptation to Jeff Rovin's Fatalis.

Just picture it. Him playing a John Wick-type of action character that's an ex-marine fighting saber-toothed cats invading Los Angeles! Such a pipe dream! :D

Rumor also had it Slyvester Stallone was going to star in an adaptation to the book being done by Universal Studios, apparently turned out to not be true.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I urge people to at least take a read through the entire Chuggaaconroy thread. I'm sure I'm going to get flak, but this whole thread explains the truth of the whole situation, especially for important people like Masae, Emily and Lawly, with uncut screenshots giving more context in the DMs. It's just sad that people never gave him the chance to reply, I think it is important to hear both sides.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sesame Workshop writers have voted to authorize a strike if a deal isn’t struck by Friday.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 living for as long as it has is a blessing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I urge people to at least take a read through the entire Chuggaaconroy thread. I'm sure I'm going to get flak, but this whole thread explains the truth of the whole situation, especially for important people like Masae, Emily and Lawly, with uncut screenshots giving more context in the DMs. It's just sad that people never gave him the chance to reply, I think it is important to hear both sides.
"I think it is important to hear both sides"
Chuggaaconroy once again admits he is very much guilty about the accusations even if he tries to downplay the pedophile stuff
Just say you hate women dude, you don't need to try defending the guy saying "Officer, the 15 year old came on to me first"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching all the episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Rewatching the show again was such an experience and really brought back memories. I remember I'd say up until 1 in the morning to watch the show. Good times. ^_^

Without a doubt IMO the best CN show.

And now going back to memory road to begin watching Danny Phantom again.

Edit: Danny Phantom just turned 20 years old this year on this month and Courage the Cowardly Dog will turn 25 years old this November.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man killer instinct is great. And just imagine, if Rare had stuck with Nintendo and become a first party studio, this would be their logical first party fighting game offering and competitor to Street Fighter and the like. I wish it had more entries, I really do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright, that's two Rareware characters for Smash down! This time I did Fulgore from Killer Instinct. If anyone is interested, here he is.
Note: Most of these moves come directly from Killer Instinct (2013)

Appearance: His main costume (and four alts) comes from Killer Instinct (2013) and he has a secondary “Retro” alt based on his design in Killer Instinct 2 with it’s own four colors.
NameDescription
Neutral attack Tapped: A quick cross punch.
Held: A quick elbow strike with his lead arm.
Held (far): a quick claw slice
Forward tilt Tapped: a quick headbutt
Held: Fulgore’s Thruster Kick, where he activates a few of his thrusters to boost a stronger kick.
Up tilt Tapped: a quick knee strike
Held: a quick lead foot jab.
Down tilt Tapped: a quick stomp attack
Held: a quick strong jab
Dash attack Blade DashFulgore boosts forwards with his claw outstretched.
Forward smash Axis SlashA double spin that hits on each revolution with energy blades.
Up smash Plasma SliceRising uppercut that launches Fulgore into the air
Down smash Gravity StrikeA downward punch that hits overhead.
Neutral aerial Fulgore slices both claws outwards on both sides.
Forward aerial Fulgore kicks with his left leg in the air.
Back aerial Fulgore turns and slashes behind him.
Up aerial Fulgore slices forward and upwards with his righthand claw.
Down aerial Fulgore jams both of his claws downwards.
Grab Fulgore jams his claws into his opponant.
Pummel Fulgore repeatedly knees his opponant.
Forward throw Fulgore hoists his opponant up on his claws and throws them forward.
Back throw Fulgore hoists his opponant up on his claws and throws them behind him.
Up throw Fulgore throws them into the sky and then kicks them away.
Down throw Fulgore slams his opponant into the ground and blasts them with his eye lasers.
Floor attackSweep and DestroyFulgore sweeps the opponant and launches them into the air.
Edge attack Fulgore pulls himself up onto the stage and slashes with his claws.
Neutral special Eye LaserFulgore fires laser beams from his eyes. This attack also has a command version using the original game’s directional inputs. This command version even has light, medium, and heavy versions depending on the length of the button press. Light version fires a single beam into the floor, Medium fires two beams into the floor, and Heavy fires horizontally full-screen and staggers on hit.
Side special Energy BoltFulgore casts an energy bolt from his claws. It also has a command version which allows you to fire additional bolts.
Up special PlasmaportFulgore cloaks himself and teleports. Can be aimed like Mewtwo’s teleport recovery.
Down special ReflectFulgore flashes a barrier to deflect projectiles.
Final Smash No MercyFulgore morphs into a larger body with machine guns and fires wildly all over the arena. Based on his No Mercy from Killer Instinct 2.
Gimmick
  • Fulgore can break out of enemy combos by performing the Combo Breaker input, though ending with Sheild instead of attack. This will blast his attackers away from him, but does no damage. However, any opponant can COUNTER this break with a frame perfect shield, causing them to not be knocked away and allowing them to continue to attack. The original game’s “COMBO BREAKER” and “COUNTER BREAKER” announcer clips will play in this scenario.
  • Fulgore has a special reactor meter split into ten pips, which generate over time based on his reactor spin speed. Physical blows increase spin speed. Energy attacks (like your specials) decrease the spin speed. With 4 Reactor Pips, Fulgore's forward walk speed improves. With 8 Pips, his backward walk speed improves. With all 10 Pips, his dash speed improves. Each of his specials can be enhanced with the reactor energy into their shadow version using their appropriate command input. The reactor can also be used to perform a special command input only move. The Devastation Beam. Fulgore opens his chest to fire a massive full-screen laser beam. Deals heavy damage, leaving tons of potential damage even on block. No invulnerability but comes out quickly. It uses all ten pips but it’s worth it if you pull it off.
  • When an opponant is above 100% damage, Fulgore can perform an Ultra Combo using the original game’s command input to do an insane amount of damage. The original game’s “Ultra Combo” announcer clip will play in this scenario.
On-screen appearance
  • Fulgore’s into animation from Killer Instinct (2013). He drops onto the stage while invisible (making a loud clanking sound) and then uncloaks while making robot noises.
Taunts
  • Up Taunt: Fulgore’s taunt from Killer Instinct (2013), he makes some unintelligent robot noises and raises his arm wile extending his claw.
  • Side Taunt: Based on his Character Select Animation from Killer Instinct (2013). Fulgore growls and twirls one of his claws.
  • Down Taunt: Fulgore’s pre-battle animation from the original Killer Instinct…. It’s kind of hard to describe so just look at this video at this time code.
Idle poses
  • His idle animation from Killer Instinct (2013) where he twitches his claws together and flips some of his panels.
  • Fulgore taps some buttons on his arm. His animation for entering Instinct Mode in Killer Instinct (2013).
Victory poses
  • Left: Fulgore’s Killer Instinct 2013 Victory Animation. He taps on his wrist before firing his devastation beam at a cinematic angle.
  • Up: Fulgore’s victory animation from the original Killer Instinct. Again it’s hard to describe so just reference this video at this time code.
  • Right: Based on the Humiliations from Killer Instinct classic. Fulgore is seen standing on the victory screen with his thumb facing down as one of his opponents is forced to do a silly little dance. This screen has unique victory music.
Stage: Ultratech Industries
  • Based on his arena from Killer Instinct (2013). The players fight on a catwalk high above an Ultratech Warehouse as alarms blare. The stage’s unique gimmick is that the background is damaged based on the damage the players do to each other and where they are knocked around, just like Killer Instinct (2013)’s background cosmetic damage during certain attacks. However, in Smash the damage is not just cosmetic and it can alter the stage’s layout. Not to mention the falling debris is hazardous. Monitors in the background display the data of other Killer Instinct fighters.
Assist Trophy: Riptor
  • Riptor runs around the stage doing it’s attacks from Killer Instinct (2013) and ends off with an Ultra Combo similar to how Spring Man ends his time on the stage with a Rush attack.
I used Ryu as a base since KI and SF both are six button fighters with light, medium, and heavy attacks. Then I just made it KI crazy from there and added Fulgore's own gimmicks on top of that KI crazyness. I wanted his attacks to all be just as quick and linkable as they are in KI so you can really build up his combos just as well in Smash as you can in KI.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm watching the Dreamworks Dragons show and I noticed that they used music from the Ice Age franchise in one of the scenes.

Considering that the whole show uses rearrangements of John Powell's songs from the first movie, and Powell also worked on the Ice Age films, I guess the show's composer must've gotten mixed up somewhere. But still, it's weird that this happened.

This has been trivia that only Noipoi cares about, with Noipoi :nifty:

KillerCage

Smash Master
This is... hard for me read through.
I want to forgive him so much, but I just can't.
While Emile does condemn the actions he did in his younger years, those actions are still unforgivable.
I do wish him a happy life even if he never returns to video making.

Top Bottom