• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can’t wait for the scene where Sonic and Shadow are fighting and then Gun agents go to shoot Maddie’s dog and Sonic goes

“They’re going to John Wick the dog,” before shadow rushes in and saves the day because he doesn’t support dogs being caught in the line of fire.

Then they become best friends
Nah Shadow is gonna find out GUN having been manipulated by Metal Sonic (Dr. Robotik) holding Maria, Tom's and Maddie's newborn daughter, hostage whom the former named after his grandmother, hostage. Hearing Maria's name makes Shadow reflect on himself of what he has become and this isn't who she wanted him to be, thus deciding he will not like Maria die again.

"I'll make you a promise: Maria won't die tonight." - Shadow to Sonic

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Amy Rose is just gonna show up annanounced on a random military base that she somehow got on without getting shot.

Cause you know, game accurate.
Wonder Woman theme plays

Shadow: Is she with you?

Sonic: I thought she was with you?

All three goes into fighting stances ready to fight Metal Sonic (Dr. Robotik)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that the president of the United ****ing States of America has a photo of Sonic and Shadow on his desk for some reason
View attachment 387978
What's even funnier? This pic canonically couldn't happen under most circumstamces.

Shadow was thought to be dead after Adventure 2 and throughout the game they were enemies. He was sealed up in Heroes by Eggman and didn't see Sonic again until the end of the game, and Sonic took off.

The only way this pic could have happened is after Sonic Battle, if that's even canon.

Or the President used AI for this photo.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
What's even funnier? This pic canonically couldn't happen under most circumstamces.

Shadow was thought to be dead after Adventure 2 and throughout the game they were enemies. He was sealed up in Heroes by Eggman and didn't see Sonic again until the end of the game, and Sonic took off.

The only way this pic could have happened is after Sonic Battle, if that's even canon.

Or the President used AI for this photo.
I always wondered when the hell that picture could have been taken.

Turns out Not Bill Clinton was the OG Sonadow fan and just spliced the images together in Microsoft Photo Editor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now imagine if Amy ended up debuting in the Knuckles show instead

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Amy Rose is just gonna show up annanounced on a random military base that she somehow got on without getting shot.

now imagine if Amy ended up debuting in the Knuckles show instead
I actually feel like there is a fair chance this happens as a post credit or ending tease. Would be the perfect time to do so if she’s going to show up before the movie releases, if at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Amy can probably take a battalion of armed soldiers with that hammer.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah the vehicle segments can be rough, especially if you aren't used to the controls. But stick with it because the best segments in the game are after them. And yeah, Episode 1 and 2 are absolutely shorter and because of that I think in some cases (especially in ep2) they can be stronger experiences than Base 2. (Although Base 2 is still probably my favorite)

(I have played this series more times than is probably healthy.)
Good to know! I last left off in a section called Water Hazard, and I'm hoping I'm near the end of it. (I'm in an enclosed area where two Combine trucks were parked on a higher level and shooting at me - it looks like there's a ramp that takes me to the next area, but the path to the ramp is too narrow for the hovercraft to get through)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I've been playing around with an AI music program (Udio) this week and have made a bunch of cool songs. Two are completely original and were taken word for word from my brother and my story we're making and the others are alternate versions of wrestling songs in a completely different style. Not sure if anyone interested in hearing them or where the best place to share them is if so.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I started Pikmin 1 this morning and I just finished it. I collected all 30 parts within 21 in game days.

The aiming in this game is not as good Pikmin 3 and the Pikmin AI is pretty awful, which in my opinion are the main two factors that make this a much harder game. I still really enjoyed it though
The first Pikmin game really hasn't aged well in terms of graphics or Pikmin control. It's more challenging in some areas than 2, but there's less to explore than the other games and it lacks many improved controls, mechanics and quality of life features that all the future Pikmin games have. As good as the final game still was, it's clear that the developers were learning with the first entry.

Nonetheless, it's still a really solid real-time strategy game that holds up remarkably well for the most part to this day, and I'm always glad to hear someone new to the game or the series enjoyed it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is what is probably an official confirmation for Keanu Reeves as Shadow in the third Sonic movie.

Gotta love how he says "Maria...I promise you...REVENGE!".

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This also confirms the switch 2 June reveal rumor now.

Which also means the delay to next year announcements are likely also true.
If I remember correctly the original June Reveal rumor had a March Indie World and an April General Direct. It seems things might have been pushed back even farther.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
With ] Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , of course. Who gets the Snorlax plushmallow.
Lets ****ing gooooo

Speaking of new beds actuslly. My dad literally said we are gonna go new bed shopping for me when he gets back from Texas. All thats gonna do is get me more room for my bed time plushes
FoqXh6caAAUDKgy.jpg

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotta love how he says "Maria...I promise you...REVENGE!".
Then he finds out from Sonic as he's about to kill him of his adoptive newborn sister Maria currently held hostage by GUN manipulated by Metal Sonic (Dr. Robotik), the name making him remember Maria and this isn't what she would have wanted making him realizing how far he has gone. And to make up for it.

Shadow to Sonic: I promise you one thing: Maria won't die tonight.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pikmin 2 is the better game by far. And no time limit means you can take your time.
2 is still easily my favorite game in the series. Cave exploring is awesome, the cave levels themselves are awesome, and the new enemy, hazard and Pikmin variety makes combat and strategy more fun than ever.

The lack of a timer is definitely subjective, though, I'll admit. I personally liked having more time to progress through the game and build up my Pikmin (and Ultra Spray) numbers, but I get why some people prefer the challenge and sense of urgency the time limits in 1 and 3 present.

Top Bottom