• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait a second, the plush talk got me thinking...

Every since they launched the Sitting Cuties line of Pokemon plush toys, I've been waiting for this year in particular. Because if the schedule keeps up the pace then they should be hitting gen 6 by the end of this year, and then I could finally get a Noivern plush of decent quality.

Seriously, look at what I've had to put up with all this time :239:

So I was fully expecting Kalos merch by the end of the year, maybe early next year.

Wasn't really expecting Kalos games to come with them. Maybe we should've seen Z-A coming...

osby

Smash Obsessed
A brief moment of silence for the people out there who love the elemental monkeys...
Well, they got these plushes:

1711040966837.png 1711040987787.png 1711041002415.png

Which made me realize, wow, their designs really grew on me. Especially Simisage with its ridiculous pompadour, though I always liked its evo line.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
One thing I've always kinda wanted is a time in the sun for Simisear, given that it was literally voted as the least popular Pokemon back when one of the movies was coming out.

Like I had this one idea where it's an important NPC in Mystery Dungeon that ends up as a boss with the other two monkeys, then after the boss fight he becomes a recurring face in the story. My idea ultimately has him make an epic sacrifice to help the heroes along the way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Capcom is delisting Age of Booty next week.

Game is currently on sale for a dollar.

Edit: It’s a pirate themed game.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
On another note, I never really got the Crabominable hate, I always thought it was kinda neat

People tend to consider it ugly, but its design has never bothered me. What am I missing?
It's too big a departure from Crabrawler for a lot of people, scrappy boxing crustacean turns into big bumbling snowman crab. The people who liked the base form because of its themes may not like the evolved form because the themes are totally different.

Also it is pretty doofy looking. Just look at its face. Look at its hair.

The definition of gormless.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
It's too big a departure from Crabrawler for a lot of people, scrappy boxing crustacean turns into big bumbling snowman crab. The people who liked the base form because of its themes may not like the evolved form because the themes are totally different.

Also it is pretty doofy looking. Just look at its face. Look at its hair.

The definition of gormless.
I kinda like its doofy-ness myself, but different strokes for different folks and all.

I also feel like as far as Alolan ice types go, it gets overshadowed by the Kanto regional variants. Especially magic fairy fox.

I really like Crabominable's concept myself. It's based on a yeti crab, a big species of crustaceans with hair-like substance covering its body. It's also got a little bit of coconut crab in there too. Very, ahem, 'cool' stuff.

Though perhaps I'm biased cuz I think Crabominable would be a favorite Pokemon of my current major comfort character (don't look at my pfp)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I consider myself lucky that I finally found a Luxray plush available. I was looking for one for a while before a listing for an official one that was good quality finally turned up on Amazon.

I'm steadily building a collection of Pokemon figurines as well, but Takara doesn't have figurines of quite all of my favorite 'Mons (and if they have, not all of them are currently available right now even if I could afford to buy more atm).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Zinith Zinith DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5

I have a theory on that skeletal bridge Kong crossed in GxK.

I think these so-called "Mega Titans" were the ancestors of titans we see now.

Perhaps the original rulers called the Primorial Titans which like in Greek Mythology how the Titans used to rule all before the Olympian Gods overthrew them. The Primorial Titans were the Titans of Greek Mythology and the titans we see now were the Olympian Gods.

It's fitting and poetic since MUTOS are named after the Titans from Greek Mythology.

I think this would work best for the "final boss" of the MonsterVerse. The first, original and founding titan Titanus Cronus, also the last living Primorial Titan.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Zinith Zinith DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5

I have a theory on that skeletal bridge Kong crossed in GxK.

I think these so-called "Mega Titans" were the ancestors of titans we see now.

Perhaps the original rulers called the Primorial Titans which like in Greek Mythology how the Titans used to rule all before the Olympian Gods overthrew them. The Primorial Titans were the Titans of Greek Mythology and the titans we see now were the Olympian Gods.

It's fitting and poetic since MUTOS are named after the Titans from Greek Mythology.

I think this would work best for the "final boss" of the MonsterVerse. The first, original and founding titan Titanus Cronus, also the last living Primorial Titan.
It's clearly the entrance to the Dinosaur World, silly :yoshi:

Screenshot (31).png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, there's two kinds of MUTO:
  • The male/female back in 2014, Prime from Aftershock, and Queen AKA Barb from KOTM
  • "Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms"
MUTO was actually a term referring to all Titans (Including the male/female in 2014, Prime and Barb) prior to becoming officially called the latter.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If there's ever an Earthbound or Mother 1 film adaptation, animated or live-action, it needs to open with this song playing on a radio:

For anyone who doesn't know why, well, just listen to the Cave of the Past's theme again...

:nessecho:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aside from Geno, Waluigi, and Toad, if you had to pick another Mario original character, who would you go with?

Personally I think the choice comes down to either Wart, Pauline, or Birdo. But what do you think?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Aside from Geno, Waluigi, and Toad, if you had to pick another Mario original character, who would you go with?

Personally I think the choice comes down to either Wart, Pauline, or Birdo. But what do you think?
Wart for me. That is pretty much it. (unless Captain Syrup from Wario Land counts enough)

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, looking at Pooh's Adventures posters and storylines is one of my favorite hobbies.

Yeah they're poorly edited and ridiculous and I wish they'd use a Pokemon anime trio other than the first one, but the creators care a TON about their silly Winnie the Pooh crossover universe. There's recurring characters, villains, even some continuity too, and in general there's just a passion I feel coming from the creators despite the bad editing. They LOVE these stories they're telling.

And as long as they're having fun without hurting anyone, I say they keep on making these Pooh adventures until the world burns out.

CRINGE IS DEAD. LONG LIVE WINNIE THE POOH

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking up bingo squares for my Pokémon Legends: Z-A bingo card without looking too much at other's cards is surprisingly harder than I thought.

Top Bottom