• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi
So far my favorite episodes have been The Troll and The Hat. I like it when Wander is still a goofy silly guy but he’s also the wisest one in the room and has everything figured out before everyone else. That’s part of the reason I don’t like the ending of The Pet because I think a funnier punchline is Wander being right about the monster being trainable. Like he’s who knows how old and has been to who knows how many galaxies, I just think the show is better when he’s the Doctor by way of SpongeBob, unlike a lot of episodes where he’s kind of a moron. A well meaning, hopelessly optimistic moron, but still a moron. I just think it’s not as fun to watch.
That’s one flaw the show has. They have to be careful in balancing Wander’s goofy cartoon mascot side with his more sage hippie guru side. When they get the balance right he’s great, when they don’t he’s kind of obnoxious.

But even then it’s not terrible. Just one of the little issues the writers ran into here and there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s one flaw the show has. They have to be careful in balancing Wander’s goofy cartoon mascot side with his more sage hippie guru side. When they get the balance right he’s great, when they don’t he’s kind of obnoxious.

But even then it’s not terrible. Just one of the little issues the writers ran into here and there.
Also Hater is totally just a persona cooked up by Bloo from Foster's Home while he was bored. They act so similarly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd love to see Godzilla: The Animated Series make a revival similar to X-Men '97. Now that's a cartoon deserving of returning.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just had a stupid idea for a sidequest in a future Pokemon game.

So uh here's my fanfic.
The quest starts in a town right on the edge of a jungle biome. There, an NPC tells the player a rumor about a Pokemon Trainer known as "The Master" and that it's said that any player that defeats them will receive great wisdom as a gift. The NPC then goes on to give the player a hint as to where to find them.

After exploring the jungle and finding a landmark hinted at, the player will find a group of psychic-type trainers who study under The Master and will want to test the trainer in a battle. After defeating them, the Master will show themself as....

The Oranguru will face the player in a double battle, using a team of Mr.Mime/Medicham/Metang/Slowbro, before stepping into the battle itself after it's down to just the last one.

After being defeated, it will disappear into the jungle, leaving the TMs for Calm Mind and Psychic behind, as well as a big nugget (of wisdom).

Honestly I just think it's really crazy how Oranguru's pokedex entries state it can use pokeballs and command other pokemon. I want to see the games toy with this sort of worldbuilding! And honestly after seeing the Zorua/Spiritomb quests in Legends Arceus and the Calyrex questline in Sw/Sh it doesn't even feel like that out of place of an idea. Unfortunately I don't see something like this happening in Legends Z-A mainly because Oranguru ain't a Kalos mon but hey, I can still dream.
Anyway that's my depraved Pokemon ramble in a forum that's not dedicated to that stuff.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man. The people running Warner Bros. sucks. I miss the days when I used to be able to proudly say that the company was “my Disney” without making people think of just… everything that’s happened.

But of course if you dissolve the big corporations, the only real way to solve the problem, you also dissolve the only thing holding all these IPs together in any sort of association and therefore you destroy the thing that I like. There’s no real way to keep that around and also like… have a healthy and stable economy.

Nothing is ever fair.

StormC

Smash Hero
Man. The people running Warner Bros. sucks. I miss the days when I used to be able to proudly say that the company was “my Disney” without making people think of just… everything that’s happened.

But of course if you dissolve the big corporations, the only real way to solve the problem, you also dissolve the only thing holding all these IPs together in any sort of association and therefore you destroy the thing that I like. There’s no real way to keep that around and also like… have a healthy and stable economy.

Nothing is ever fair.
IPs going public domain would be a good thing for art in the long run, frankly.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Chikorita Tepig and Sobble

Mid, Midd n’ Middy :239:
True I'd rather have Litten as a starter than Tepig, but I like Tepig more than most and I really like the angle Lockstin took with Tepig.

Still though, we have my two absolute favorite starter lines in this. It's honestly crazy, I don't even know which one of the two I'd pick :054:

Noipoi

Howdy!
True I'd rather have Litten as a starter than Tepig, but I like Tepig more than most and I really like the angle Lockstin took with Tepig.

Still though, we have my two absolute favorite starter lines in this. It's honestly crazy, I don't even know which one of the two I'd pick :054:
More power to you. I can't talk too much **** because I'm an Incineroar truther.

But if this was the selection the new forms would have to be significant improvements on the base forms, or it'd be the first time I ever boxed a starter in my decade+ career as a Pokemon Master.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
More power to you. I can't talk too much **** because I'm an Incineroar truther.

But if this was the selection the new forms would have to be significant improvements on the base forms, or it'd be the first time I ever boxed a starter in my decade+ career as a Pokemon Master.
Whew I don't think I've EVER boxed a starter. Mostly cuz every gen has at least one starter that makes my happy chemicals shoot into my brain.

I have a ton of ideas in my mind for regional forms of pretty much every starter, several of which came from past failed attempts at Fakemon regions. In the past I came up with these triangles:

Psychic Chikorita, Dark Cyndaquil, Fighting Totodile
Rock Snivy, Ground Tepig, Ice Oshawott

But I'm terrible at putting ideas to text so I'll let it go for now.

Still betting on Chespin, Charmander and Popplio for the Legends Galar starters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I made fun of the helmets a lot but I'm probably going to enjoy Boonboomger.

Love how they are doing Pokemon anime without Pokemon.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Okay, part of the reason why I ended up falling into Hazbin Hotel is because I haven't really been enjoying Disventure Camp All-Stars, unfortunately.

I mean aside from Riya's arc that's peak (and I also really like Emily), but I can't really vibe with what they're doing for Ellie and Gabby. Which is a pretty big problem cuz those two are by far my biggest comfort characters from the series. The fact that I can't enjoy what's been done with them is immensely disappointing to me.

Meanwhile, Hazbin Hotel has actually treated me pretty well. Admittedly mostly cuz there's only been one season as of now...but I'm actually really happy with how it's been so far, as a newcomer. Also Charlie has pretty much become an absolute TITAN of a comfort character for me, I love this sweet lil ball of sunshine. And the series in general really speaks to my viewpoint on the world - that everyone deserves a chance to become a better person. (Yes I'm an idealist lol)

Idk if I'll change my pfp to Charlie or anything, because I still adore Gabby and she'll always be a comfort for me, same as Caitlin. But that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess :239:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IPs going public domain would be a good thing for art in the long run, frankly.
I know. It’s stupid to care about having franchises linked together this way like some sort of pantheon because the only way to preserve it is preserving harmful systems and infrastructures. I just can’t help myself.

Top Bottom