• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have FINALLY started playing Another Code Recollection after buying a month.
I want to see how it compares to Rain Code so no spoilers please.
While I do think it's a little rough around the edges in its current state, Penny's Big Breakaway absolutely *ing slaps once you figure out how to chain all of the movement options together. * just flows.

Definitely recommend y'all check it out if you have $30 to blow and want a banger 3D platformer with a really cool aesthetic and some bopping tunes.
Definitely on my MUST PLAY list.
Some Hazbin Hotel fans be like "OH ALASTOR SO HOT AND PERFECT AND AWESOME I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE AND HE IS THE BEST CHARACTER NOBODY ELSE MATTERS ALASTOR IS EVERYTHING RAAAAAAAHHH"

I be like "hhhhhh sweet lil ray of sunshine tho"
View attachment 386312
If anyone mentions that 50k music video to me I swear to Lucifer

We can, however, all agree that Keith David is awesome.
Charlie has to be protected at all cost!
With Lucifer's premission of course

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
The transfer option is still absent in 64 so the characters and bonus courts are still not available and there isn't a new software update for N64 NSO.
This is still a good sign that maybe they're going to start doing above the bare minimum when it comes to porting these games.

I wonder how they would go about retroactively adding these things to the 64 games.

Would they be separate icons on the menu with their own saves, or would they update the existing ones, with you needing to use the restart game option to access it instead of loading a save state?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Finally playing the Peach Showtime demo. IDK what Arlo is talking about. This game is really fun. The basic running around with the ribbon and the swordfighter gameplay is. I'm even having fun with the cake making minigame.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So ILCA has created a new trademark and division called Pokemon Works.

So looks like they are here to stay.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna defy the YouTubers who say otherwise and play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with a controller. **** those bongos. Also if you’re emulating it you can’t really use the bongos anyway.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I missed the initial reveal so I'm waiting for the next trailer to drop to yell about SMT V Vengeance...

But if nothing else, it feels weirdly nostalgic how they're adding demons that I wrote about when I was still doing daily showcases.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I missed the initial reveal so I'm waiting for the next trailer to drop to yell about SMT V Vengeance...

But if nothing else, it feels weirdly nostalgic how they're adding demons that I wrote about when I was still doing daily showcases.
Hee hoo hee hoo
Nahobiho
SMTVV_Nahobiho_1.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The phrase “what could have been” refers to something that was a possibility in the past but one that was not realised: the thing that was possible did not happen. The expression is often associated with a feeling of regret.
I mean why is he saying it now. Is the game trailer he posted not coming out or something?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass is now available.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox you can get it for free until January 31, 2025

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
MultiVersus Happy Meal Toys are happening
They’ve been around in other countries for a while.

It appears to be collectible style cards and such.

Some renders are changed to remove weapons/cover characters up (for example, Finn’s Sword is gone). Also, only specific characters are represented (Arya, Rick and Morty, the Gremlins, and Reindog have nothing. Neither does Marvin. And no characters after him)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interesting that Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection is 25.4 GB on Switch and 57.0 GB on Xbox.
The Switch version is now 33.6 GB in size.

I'd really like to know what exactly is making the new game so big in size. The original releases are less than 10 GB combined.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For those who follow MH the poll results for the Hunter's Choice fully came out today:

Zinogre, Nergigante, and Lagiacrus!

The rest of the Top 10 are:
4. Valstrax
5. Gore Magala
6. Velkhana
7. Nargacuga
8. Fatalis
9. Ruiner Nergigante
10. Alatreon

With full results here, and a breakdown for Top 3 by region here.

Happy to see Lagiacrus make Top 3, it's been one of my favorites since I first fought it in 3U so I'm happy it did so well.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They’ve been around in other countries for a while.

It appears to be collectible style cards and such.

Some renders are changed to remove weapons/cover characters up (for example, Finn’s Sword is gone). Also, only specific characters are represented (Arya, Rick and Morty, the Gremlins, and Reindog have nothing. Neither does Marvin. And no characters after him)
That's lame tbh. Just cards? Remember when McDonalds toys were cool?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Switch version is now 33.6 GB in size.

I'd really like to know what exactly is making the new game so big in size. The original releases are less than 10 GB combined.
Upscaled textures. I can always tell when they are.

Top Bottom