• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
They just made a new Donkey Kong section on the NSO homepage

IMG_8243.png

Heavy breathing intensifies

And I know what you’re thinking. “Noipoi! Those games have been on Switch for years!!” Okay well why didn’t they make this page earlier then? Why now?

Look I’m not saying this means a new game announcement has to be imminent, but…

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

View attachment 384033

And I know what you’re thinking. “Noipoi! Those games have been on Switch for years!!” Okay well why didn’t they make this page earlier then? Why now?

I'm taking your copium away from you

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"God Yosuke is such a bad character-"
"POST CANCELED, HOMO YOSUKE ATTACK"
View attachment 384032
the guy who mocks another guy who is mistaken for gay only to end up being gay for the guy with a suspicious shortened name (imma forever be feeling she over the constant hearing and reading of “Yu-Kun”)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yo folks I forgot what it's called but what's the forum where people were coming up with fan-made spirits and their corresponding battles?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yo folks I forgot what it's called but what's the forum where people were coming up with fan-made spirits and their corresponding battles?
This?
bottomtext

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
This?
bottomtext
This looks like it, ty good sir

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 384033

People are very quick to believe whatever they want based on whatever proof they want. It’s interesting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
they have the ****ing pompous npc from Persona 5 in Reload, the best human amongst all the minor npcs in that game

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 384038

Don't you psychoanalyze me
It’s not just you. It’s lots of people. Everywhere. It’s interesting.

I hope the next direct has Kong in it beyond Mario vs. DK too. But if anything this is just proof that Nintendo is deciding to care about DK as a brand again, which was already evidenced by the movie presence, theme park, and large merch push. And means a new game is inevitable at worst and imminent at best.

Now wether or not it’s a country game or not or these rumors are true of Nintendo being weird about the creative descisions related to it is still up in the air.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I feel like I'm outing myself as a fake Xenoblade fan by saying this but I finally managed to play Future Redeemed after being distracted by other things for so long and DAMN, what a fantastic way to close out the storyline they've been setting up for so long. The references were handled extremely well and it was such a delight to have Shulk and Rex playable again, the latter of which ended up being my favorite because he's still able to get away with his ridiculous crit spam like in XC2.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s not just you. It’s lots of people. Everywhere. It’s interesting.

I hope the next direct has Kong in it beyond Mario vs. DK too. But if anything this is just proof that Nintendo is deciding to care about DK as a brand again, which was already evidenced by the movie presence, theme park, and large merch push. And means a new game is inevitable at worst and imminent at best.

Now wether or not it’s a country game or not or these rumors are true of Nintendo being weird about the creative descisions related to it is still up in the air.
The branding really doesn't matter to me.

I just wanna see K Rool again :denzel:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Video didn't kill the radio star, sure, but radio is a shadow of what it used to be. People don't sit around the radio anymore and listen to the nightly anthology series, in fact you're probably only having a radio in your car unless your alarm clock has one built into it.
IMG_9601.jpeg

This piece of evidence says otherwise:

:p

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Played Smash with my best friend for the first time in ages.

Game's still really fun and it was nice to feel like I was good at it for a change because I had slightly more practice compared to my friend since she didn't do the spirit events

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can’t stop saying confidants when I’m supposed to say social links

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The branding really doesn't matter to me.

I just wanna see K Rool again :denzel:
I want to see K. Rool again yes, but I also kind of want like... Rare's design philosophy to return when it comes to DK, where they have multiple characters to perform different functions that could just be menus or consolidated into one character but they do it anyway because it's fun and people like characters. Where there's actually significant dialogue to tell the story from every character, even DK and Diddy. Where it feels like they're building apon the pre-existing world instead of building a new one from scratch (except for the first DKC game where they had to build everything from scratch). And if they're not even bothering keeping the Country name, and if the game is being developed by a bunch of Nintendo internal devs who are from an entirely different cultural background than every other good DK and DK related game's developer... it doesn't give me much hope. Keeping the Country name would feel like an olive branch. A show of good faith that they're actually trying to pay attention to what fans want from the series. But they're Nintendo. They just do whatever they want and sometimes they get lucky and lots of other people want that thing too. Why should they actually listen to the fans of their series.

Also today is my Birthday.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want to see K. Rool again yes, but I also kind of want like... Rare's design philosophy to return when it comes to DK, where they have multiple characters to perform different functions that could just be menus or consolidated into one character but they do it anyway because it's fun and people like characters. Where there's actually significant dialogue to tell the story from every character, even DK and Diddy. Where it feels like they're building apon the pre-existing world instead of building a new one from scratch (except for the first DKC game where they had to build everything from scratch). And if they're not even bothering keeping the Country name, and if the game is being developed by a bunch of Nintendo internal devs who are from an entirely different cultural background than every other good DK and DK related game's developer... it doesn't give me much hope. Keeping the Country name would feel like an olive branch. A show of good faith that they're actually trying to pay attention to what fans want from the series. But they're Nintendo. They just do whatever they want and sometimes they get lucky and lots of other people want that thing too. Why should they actually listen to the fans of their series.
angry corey.gif

They've been listening to the fans since 2010. Rare's sensibilities aren't going anywhere, you can see it in the park and the Rabbids dlc and even the friggin movie. Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky and probably even more Kongs are all coming back. We'll get more Animal Buddies. The Kremlings are coming back, and everything's gonna be cool.

They learned from both the success of the GBA remakes and the Returns games what works and doesn't work for Donkey Kong. When's the last time they pulled out the DK bongos? Maybe the next game is like 3D or 2.5D so they stepped away from the Country name, just for a second, because it's a different kind of game.

It's just a friggin name if the rest of the game holds up I don't care. That doesn't mean DK is ruined you pessimistic nitwit I can't stand you sometimes.

jigglybounce.gif

OMG happy birthday bestie!!!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 384044

They've been listening to the fans since 2010. Rare's sensibilities aren't going anywhere, you can see it in the park and the Rabbids dlc and even the friggin movie. Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky and probably even more Kongs are all coming back. We'll get more Animal Buddies. The Kremlings are coming back, and everything's gonna be cool.

They learned from both the success of the GBA remakes and the Returns games what works and doesn't work for Donkey Kong. When's the last time they pulled out the DK bongos? Maybe the next game is like 3D or 2.5D so they stepped away from the Country name, just for a second, because it's a different kind of game.

It's just a friggin name if the rest of the game holds up I don't care. That doesn't mean DK is ruined you pessimistic nitwit I can't stand you sometimes.

View attachment 384045

OMG happy birthday bestie!!!
Thanks for the Jigglypuff seizure.

And it's more how they treat Mario that has me worried about DK, but I can't say that anything you've said is wrong either.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks for the Jigglypuff seizure.

And it's more how they treat Mario that has me worried about DK, but I can't say that anything you've said is wrong either.
I dunno man Mario's weird.

Sometimes they make one of the greatest games ever conceived and sometimes it's a decade straight of "Bah-Bah!"

And sometimes they take all their creative, funny, and most importantly fun RPGs and turn them into indistinguishable grey mush. Thankfully that seems to be changing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Noipoi Noipoi osby osby Speed Weed Speed Weed Lamperouge Lamperouge CannonStreak CannonStreak made a ranking of all the Sonic games using the main r/sonicthehedgehog Discord server tierlist maker (it's really good, includes ports and everything)
View attachment 384047
Pretty cool list, I must say. I do like it.

Happy birthday, SnakeFighter64!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How many games had Suicide?
P3s whole theme is that
Persona 4 had Ai who threated to do it because she was in her feelings
Persona 4 dancing had an idol hang herself IN THE STUDIO
And well, persona 5
What else tho
Tactica had it with the teacher (voiced by Rigby/Insomniac Doc Ock) who killed himself while also trying to kill Eri at the train station (leading to her becoming crippled and depressed and losing hope for a good long while), which tbh it was an amazingly depressing section of the game to get through

and I wanna say the island section of Strikers had it as well, but that could’ve been a murder instead of suicide

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Very interesting that we have several rumors of a direct next week but absolutely no idea on the contents.

Even Nintendo has decided to show everything we knew about again minus paper Mario. So I wonder what’s actually going to be in it?

is it a switch 2 presentation and they are keeping it down low? Does Nintendo not have much for this? Or are leakers just actually in the wind for once with no real info?

Really curious to see how it plays out.

Top Bottom