• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also today is my Birthday.
Happy Birthday!

Very interesting that we have several rumors of a direct next week but absolutely no idea on the contents.

Even Nintendo has decided to show everything we knew about again minus paper Mario. So I wonder what’s actually going to be in it?

is it a switch 2 presentation and they are keeping it down low? Does Nintendo not have much for this? Or are leakers just actually in the wind for once with no real info?

Really curious to see how it plays out.
We still don't have a solid release date for Luigi's Mansion 2 HD either so that is 2 games.

There are also the rumored games like the Genealogy Remake and TP and WW

Other than those though, uhhh, there are probably a few other Wii U ports they had in the Pipeline at some point, And definitely some stuff from Third Parties.

Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase here we come!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is my last chance to cope for Donkey Kong.

Donkey Kope, if you will.
Obligatory:

"I'm all alone there's no one here beside me my problems have all gone there's no one here to deride me But you gotta have friends-"

Oh wait; wrong Donkey!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since it's my birthday, maybe people will actually give opinions if I throw out a question about a fanon Nicktoons unite game I'm working on.

In short. I need a second character from fop to pair up with Timmy in the same way you have SpongeBob and Patrick, Danny and Sam, Tak and Lok, etc. And like... all the characters who know about his fairies (Jorgen, Mark Chang, etc) and would fit in the game story wise are either too big for the mold of playable characters in these games or too secondary in the main cast to work. And all of Timmy's appropriately sized best friends (Chester, AJ, etc) don't know about the fairies and thus wouldn't work for the story and don't have anything special about them other then being interesting/funny characters that would warrant using them in this way in a video game.

Short of using ransom time travel and bringing in the girl from the reboot, my only other real option is Chloe. But people hate Chloe. And I can understand why they dislike her. But she really is the perfect option in terms of fitting all my criteria. The only thing that disqualifies her is that fans don't like her and would likely be mad if she were in the game if it were real. But should I let that be a deciding factor in this? I doubt Nickelodeon would if they were actually making one of these games at the time.

TLDR, should I let the fact that the fanbase hated Chloe influence my decision on weather or not to use her in a hypothetical Nicktoons Unite game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
got one person (just the one) in this wrestling discord I’m in wanting/begging/demanding me to kill The Rock this Thursday during a press conference because
  1. I live in Vegas
  2. He's ruining WrestleMania 40’s main event picture
I ain’t gonna kill a ***** just because he’s ****ing over current talent

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
got one person (just the one) in this wrestling discord I’m in wanting/begging/demanding me to kill The Rock this Thursday during a press conference because
  1. I live in Vegas
  2. He's ruining WrestleMania 40’s main event picture
I ain’t gonna kill a ***** just because he’s ****ing over current talent
Wow, that is just messed up, if you ask me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wow, that is just messed up, if you ask me.
yeah…but this is the normal thing for wrestling ”fans” to do when they go bat**** insane over something (between wanting to kill them and wanting them to kill themselves)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since it's my birthday, maybe people will actually give opinions if I throw out a question about a fanon Nicktoons unite game I'm working on.

In short. I need a second character from fop to pair up with Timmy in the same way you have SpongeBob and Patrick, Danny and Sam, Tak and Lok, etc. And like... all the characters who know about his fairies (Jorgen, Mark Chang, etc) and would fit in the game story wise are either too big for the mold of playable characters in these games or too secondary in the main cast to work. And all of Timmy's appropriately sized best friends (Chester, AJ, etc) don't know about the fairies and thus wouldn't work for the story and don't have anything special about them other then being interesting/funny characters that would warrant using them in this way in a video game.

Short of using ransom time travel and bringing in the girl from the reboot, my only other real option is Chloe. But people hate Chloe. And I can understand why they dislike her. But she really is the perfect option in terms of fitting all my criteria. The only thing that disqualifies her is that fans don't like her and would likely be mad if she were in the game if it were real. But should I let that be a deciding factor in this? I doubt Nickelodeon would if they were actually making one of these games at the time.

TLDR, should I let the fact that the fanbase hated Chloe influence my decision on weather or not to use her in a hypothetical Nicktoons Unite game?
Forgetting someone are we?
IMG_9607.jpeg

Timmy has to work his frienemy, plus we get the chad Wandismo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forgetting someone are we?
View attachment 384058

Timmy has to work his frienemy, plus we get the chad Wandismo
I hadn't thought of him. Full disclosure the fanon project I'm working on is a remake of the original series... that works for when I want to introduce the "hero ally" characters, which is in Toybots... but then I want to have them carry over into Globs of Doom and that game is about Heros and Villains teaming up... so for Timmy it would be less like teaming up with one friend and two foes and more like just teaming up with three enemies... but I'm still not opposed to the idea... I'll think about it.

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

Just make it a joke that no one really wants her here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hadn't thought of him. Full disclosure the fanon project I'm working on is a remake of the original series... that works for when I want to introduce the "hero ally" characters, which is in Toybots... but then I want to have them carry over into Globs of Doom and that game is about Heros and Villains teaming up... so for Timmy it would be less like teaming up with one friend and two foes and more like just teaming up with three enemies... but I'm still not opposed to the idea... I'll think about it.
Fair, but this is joke in universe itself. Like Timmy’s allies were so useless and pointless that he had to team up with all his villains in the Wishology trilogy. Timmy could even point it out that he’s so unliked this is what he’s left with lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just make it a joke that no one really wants her here
Fair, but this is joke in universe itself. Like Timmy’s allies were so useless and pointless that he had to team up with all his villains in the Wishology trilogy. Timmy could even point it out that he’s so unliked this is what he’s left with lol.
He had to team up with his enemies because his friends were captured. But I see your point.

I'll deliberate between these two potential paths.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He had to team up with his enemies because his friends were captured. But I see your point.

I'll deliberate between these two potential paths.
Exactly, they were useless lol. Pretty sure Timmy even has a line where he can’t believe he has no friends or allies to help save everyone lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fellas is it normal for cis bi men to only be able to imagine themselves dating men as the opposite gender? Asking for a friend

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord

Sorry I'm late, but happy birthday! May all your most wanted characters get into Smash!

As for your question, I agree with Z25, Remy might fit in a bit better. Plus, I doubt this is a factor in your project but I feel like a lot of people at Nickelodeon regret bringing Chloe into existence lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's still crazy about the Sonic movie series

It went from almost killing itself at the very beginning with that disastrous original trailer to having tons of people being unable to hold their excitement for the THIRD movie.

Simply amazing!
It really was that redesign that saved it.

The first film was pretty fun, but I don’t think it was anything too special in hindsight. And if that same movie released with a butt ugly Sonic (and perhaps a butt ugly Tails) I guarantee you it would’ve flopped.

Luckily they rectified their mistake before it was too late, giving us a BASED sequel and a potentially TURBO BASED threequel.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It really was that redesign that saved it.

The first film was pretty fun, but I don’t think it was anything too special in hindsight. And if that same movie released with a butt ugly Sonic (and perhaps a butt ugly Tails) I guarantee you it would’ve flopped.

Luckily they rectified their mistake before it was too late, giving us a BASED sequel and a potentially TURBO BASED threequel.
I’m hoping we can keep going with more Sonic movies that introduce more of his friends until we can get the Sonic & Friends equivalent of Avengers Endgame.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m hoping we can keep going with more Sonic movies that introduce more of his friends until we can get the Sonic & Friends equivalent of Avengers Endgame.
I dunno, that means that after Sonic Endgame the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe (HCU) will start consistently flopping.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dunno, that means that after Sonic Endgame the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe (HCU) will start consistently flopping.
Sega really should have had better quality control, rather then let All those Sonic fan fic writers start making movies and throwing their OCS into every story.

Shroob

Sup?
I want to see K. Rool again yes, but I also kind of want like... Rare's design philosophy to return when it comes to DK, where they have multiple characters to perform different functions that could just be menus or consolidated into one character but they do it anyway because it's fun and people like characters. Where there's actually significant dialogue to tell the story from every character, even DK and Diddy. Where it feels like they're building apon the pre-existing world instead of building a new one from scratch (except for the first DKC game where they had to build everything from scratch). And if they're not even bothering keeping the Country name, and if the game is being developed by a bunch of Nintendo internal devs who are from an entirely different cultural background than every other good DK and DK related game's developer... it doesn't give me much hope. Keeping the Country name would feel like an olive branch. A show of good faith that they're actually trying to pay attention to what fans want from the series. But they're Nintendo. They just do whatever they want and sometimes they get lucky and lots of other people want that thing too. Why should they actually listen to the fans of their series.

Also today is my Birthday.
Happy bday Snake!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokémon has been posting legendaries on social to remind you that you can catch them in SV. The legendary birds, Lugia, and Ho-Oh have been posted prior.

I'm not seeing anything cryptic here.

Top Bottom