• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's gonna be a scene where Sonic escapes from Gun and skateboards down the streets of San Fran and if they don't put Escape From the City over it I'm demanding a refund and will bankrupt Sega and Paramount for allowing this.
The best you’ll get is a line where Sonic goes “Come on, Tom Wachowski (played by James Marsden) we gotta escape from the city!”

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Guys, is Pokemon Scarlet and Violet a Persona Game? Think about it:
School setting
Make a team of funny creatures with mysterious powers
Big plot point is the school system is a failure and doesn't protect kids
Overzealous adult unleashes their terrors into the world
Group of kids venture into a restricted zone where the odd and unusual creatures of said adult's ambitions come to life.
They di this twice, second one unleashed an abomination to the world.
Confide in NPCs for extra gear and funny creatures.

Idk I never played Persona in my life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's gonna be a scene where Sonic escapes from Gun and skateboards down the streets of San Fran and if they don't put Escape From the City over it I'm demanding a refund and will bankrupt Sega and Paramount for allowing this.
On god have Sonic steal a damn radio to crank it out while committing mass vandalism and singing along and it will be a 10/10. Hell, if they do that, I will give them permission to have Sonic freezeframe after jumping out the chopper going "So. That's me, you're probably wondering how I got here"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I forgot I set the BGM for Reload to be randomized…****ing Throw Away Your Mask started playing for the first fight and I love it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It is fun to see how far video game adaptations have come, like majority since Detective Pikachu range from ok to pretty good.

Like the worst ones in recent memory were just below mid at most instead of downright awful (FNAF is borderline bad though).

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It is fun to see how far video game adaptations have come, like majority since Detective Pikachu range from ok to pretty good.

Like the worst ones in recent memory were just below mid at most instead of downright awful (FNAF is borderline bad though).
Monster Hunter is probably the worst post-Detective Pikachu film from what I've heard.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
So a short story about my crush and I.

So on this Sonic Discord server I'm in, they wanted to make a special server icon for Black History Month which would be used every year. The thing was that the owner was planning to use Knuckles with a Ghana traditional clothing, and they asked the people of the server if there would be any trouble with It for racism or something like that. And I said to them "you know, my crush is from Ghana actually, I could ask her about It"... And so I did lol.
Screenshot_2024-02-02-20-49-24-49_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

(The pride flag in the background is because the owner of the server wants to keep it the whole year to show that the server IS welcoming of the LGBTIQ+ community and doesn't tolerate discrimination. Also I am speaking in english because my crush doesn't know spanish completely yet, she's still learning and doing a great job at It).

Anyways, I waited some minutes, and she replied with this:
Screenshot_2024-02-02-20-57-41-52_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

So yeah, now I can say "I helped a huge Sonic Discord server prepare stuff for Black History Month with my current crush/almost girlfriend at this point" and have It be true.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Monster Hunter is probably the worst post-Detective Pikachu film from what I've heard.
The Monster Hunter live action adaption was absolutely dreadful from start to finish in which I do feel they wasted Tony Jaa in this film.

In terms of films based upon video game franchises, I have seen a number of different ones mainly based upon fighting game franchises from Tekken, Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li, King of Fighters and DOA: Dead or Alive in which all of these did not stay faithful to the source material and poorly adapted.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is kind of odd (pun not intended) to say since I loved Fairly Odd Parents growing up, so I can't think negatively of it's earlier seasons, but honestly, looking back...the show could've been so much better if it followed the original characterizations from season 1 and especially the original Oh Yeah! Cartoons shorts.

-Vicky was more more of a just mean and self-centered babysitter instead of just being straight-up evil incarnate and actually cared about Tootie.
-Tootie was still lovesick for Timmy but wasn't totally crazy
-Cosmo was more suave and street smart instead of being a childish moron
-Wanda was less street smart but was balanced out by her being book smart
-Timmy wasn't portrayed as being nearly as selfish at the time

If nothing else, the character writing was much better in the earlier days of the show. There was a lot of lost potential by writing these characterizations and ideas out, and the less three-dimensional characterizations opened the door for most if not all of them to be flanderized as the show went on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom