• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
The potential oncoming storm of discourse may actually get me to block the word "Pokemon"

Obnoxious Dexit stuff didn't even get me this close to doing that.
The game hasn't even been out for a full week and I've already unsubscribed from like 7 youtube channels, left 3 discord servers, and muted 2 channels in a few servers I decided not to leave entirely because BrandNewToyPalworld(patent pending)has and continues to be insufferable to even mention

gotta love pokemon fans :ultrob:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Welcome to being old

This is your future
Me realizing that at above the age of majority that I am no longer required to go to the legal institution known as school, and can I do anything I want within the confines of the law and my budget, with my own consequences and rewards (that means my life is offically over in my 20s)

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Side note, I'm kinda surprised they haven't gone after Showdown.

But given that they actually do support an active competitive scene, I think it's intentional to keep it up.
Pretty sure the creators of Pokemon Showdown said the TPC has e-mailed about them about Showdown, and they're fine with it as long as it follows some rules. I'm assuming the rules are just "Don't profit from our IP, and include VGC pls".

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure the creators of Pokemon Showdown said the TPC has e-mailed about them about Showdown, and they're fine with it as long as it follows some rules. I'm assuming the rules are just "Don't profit from our IP, and include VGC pls".
Yeah, so I looked it up and yeah it seems so.

And one of the rules was don't make it a phone app. There was also a rule on not including H-Mons until Gen 9 came out since PVP with H-Mons haven't been realized in the series yet.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna miss Lost Continent all that much, Zelda will be so much more interesting.

The most notable thing about the Lost Continent to me is this hilarious banner at the door of the restaurant

Complete thematic clash that has no reason to be there.

I hope they put this over the Hyrule Castle Restaurant or whatever they do, just for ****s and giggles.

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Every so often, I like to go to Splatoon's Nightmare Fuel page on TVTropes and pick out a few sentences, and that always manages to prove to me just how OUT OF POCKET this series can be.

"You'll hear... sounds. Unnerving sounds. Banging metal. Screaming. Screeching. Howling."
"Certain branches of Inkling religion treat major migrations of Salmonids as a harbringer of the apocalypse."
"Entire cities were consumed by the tide of fishy death."
"The missed appointment. The casual assumption is that nothing's wrong at first. The missed train after missed train. The phone calls. The lack of phone calls, or answering, from your loved one. The frantic reaching out on the trip home, trying to find anything, anyone, who might have seen her or can shed some light. The inevitable failure of that. The near-total lack of clues anywhere, including at home. The ever-rising sense of panic."
"Marina might have genuinely stared too deep into the void for a bit there."
"Sanitized Octarians are actual zombies brought back to life with the horrifying sludge of other liquefied test subjects."
"That bag of cyan ink is a REMOTE CONTROLLED KILL DEVICE that is triggered by C.Q. Cumber whenever you fail a challenge in a way that wouldn't traditionally result in a splat. So yes, you have a ticking time bomb strapped to your back at all times."
"That distinct green "ink" you run afoul of throughout the campaign that just seems kind of off in its coloration? That's not ink. That stuff used to be living creatures. It's all that's left of every test subject before you."
"A distorted carnival theme accompanied by what can easily be interpreted as the agonized screams of the previous victims as they suffered their horrendous and messy demises."
"Tartar is revealed to have been single-handedly responsible for the unimaginably barbaric murders of all those innocent people, and attempts to commit omnicide."
"The trouble beyond that is that this has resulted in a colossal, ooze-mutated monster who is possessed of enormous intellect and has gone insane."
"
While he has Captain Cuttlefish in captivity, Mr. Grizz dehydrates him to near death. You can even hear Cuttlefish actually screaming over the intercom as it happens."

And on another note, Big Runs also provide us with this...music

Nintendo...are you okay?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1900 layoffs at Microsoft including the Blizzard CEO in which they cancelled the game they have been working on for almost 7 years.

There have been 5000+ layoffs this year which is half of how many people were laid off last Year.

This industry is cooked in its current state. Constant mass layoffs, ballooning budgets and dev times with no way to make a real profit and intense crunch.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha fun times, hope you enjoy the game as much as I did playing it back in October
Thanks Gwen! Been enjoying the Metal Gear games in the Máster Collection so far, feels great after years of knowing the lore and the inside jokes to play these gems at last and get to experience the puzzles and strategy moments for the first time. And of course the emotional moments.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
1900 layoffs at Microsoft including the Blizzard CEO in which they cancelled the game they have been working on for almost 7 years.

There have been 5000+ layoffs this year which is half of how many people were laid off last Year.

This industry is cooked in its current state. Constant mass layoffs, ballooning budgets and dev times with no way to make a real profit and intense crunch.
Yeah AAA gaming is cooked I fear. I've asked devs in the industry a while back on what's going on with the industry and yeah they're saying that companies acted wildly unsustainable during the Covid years. Now they're in a hiring freeze and mass layoffs because bad management during those years (overhiring was abundant). Now less employees and high budget games = more crunch. And higher budget games means they can't pay their employees so more layoffs. A death spiral.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The bubble is bursting

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I think this is the reason personally

Its like Konami and Duelingbook: it doesn't undercut their profits but also isn't competiting or taking sales away directly nor adversly affecting their IP so they don't care enough to C&D, I imagine the negative PR would be too much
I doubt DuelingBook is undercutting profits when
  1. Master Duel has been out for almost two years now
  2. Dueling Book is outdated as **** and only updates new card text, not functionality, like other YGO sims (edopro
If I were playing Vanquish Soul and had to reveal a monster in my hand to use an effect, I have manually to set a monster in my spell/trap zone. That’s just one of many mechanics or things that can be done in Yu-Gi-Oh, but can’t be done normally under Dueling Book. Man… catch me on Master Duel at that point.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Adding on to the Xbox news from earlier, reports are coming in saying Microsoft shut down departments meant to bring Xbox games to physical.

1. I hope those affected can find new positions.

2. Seems like MS is going all in on digital.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn…the opening for Naruto Shipudden really ****ing downgraded once episode 31 hit

I was really rocking with those first 30 episodes

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Thats kinda something you let happen on its own imo
Yeah, I normally would agree with you because It is important to give people time and such for these situations.

Gotta say doh, I already talked about It with her before and she told me she's cool with matching pfps and such because she usually does them for her gender equality studies. The only thing she told me is that she isn't huge on cartoons to the point of using one for a pfp.

But yeah, if she says no this time I'll just wait It out as you say, yeah.

Top Bottom