• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The global version of “Love Live! School idol festival 2 MIRACLE LIVE!” is scheduled to launch in February.

The same app will shut down May 31, 2024

No I didn’t make that shutdown date up.
There are a few extra funny things about this

They gave a specific shutdown date but a vague "February" for the release

This is the 3rd Love Live game and they shut the other 2 down to focus on this one

I think they are only opening up this one in the west so you can see your transferred data for a few months.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I doubt DuelingBook is undercutting profits when
  1. Master Duel has been out for almost two years now
  2. Dueling Book is outdated as **** and only updates new card text, not functionality, like other YGO sims (edopro
If I were playing Vanquish Soul and had to reveal a monster in my hand to use an effect, I have manually to set a monster in my spell/trap zone. That’s just one of many mechanics or things that can be done in Yu-Gi-Oh, but can’t be done normally under Dueling Book. Man… catch me on Master Duel at that point.
yeah... that's what I just said

it is mildly annoying that the closest sim to irl play has UI design straight out of 2013(because it literally is a remaster of a sim from 2013 and has never been updated) but its w/e

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore, the spiritual successor to the CD-i Zelda games, is starting their Limited Run pre-orders next week.

The most interesting thing about it is that they are also actually releasing a controller for PC & Switch based of the one made for the Phillips CD-i console

1706212210434.png

If I don't have to preorder the game from them (I'm uncertain if I want this game), I'm actually tempted to get that controller.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I used to be against all digital but the longer I go on with buying games on my switch and series x the more I’m like “might as well”. It’s just so much more convenient. The problem is that it makes it way easier to not actually own things.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
While I'm still brainrotting over Splatoon...

A brief shout-out to Pearl's comeback story for the ages.

She started out getting hated by so many people for her unconventional design and large noggin, while her girlfriend fellow idol absolutely soared in popularity (not for unfounded reasons tho, Marina is awesome). The popularity imbalance was absolutely crazy. I was there to see it - it was something else.

But before long, things began to change. The Octo Expansion came out. We learned about Off the Hook's backstory. And we see the kind of person Pearl really is outside of the newscast. She was loyal, dependable and even despite her rambunctious tendencies, she was a genuinely wonderful person. And y'know, there's also the fact that if not for her, Inkopolis would be a pile of sludge.

And because of all this, things slowly started to turn around. She received the love she'd deserved for all the game's life. It felt like she and Marina were being genuinely treated as equals.

And soon enough, the final Splatfest came around...with some of the biggest stakes yet seen in Splatoon...

And Pearl freaking won.

Pearl went from the absolute butt of jokes among the fanbase, to the winner of the final Splatfest and one of the very most iconic characters in all of Splatoon.

To put it simply, stories like that is why I love this franchise.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Just asked my crush out about matching pfps.
View attachment 383477
Praying all goes well.
Ok, so she just replied.

Basically she is a huge fan of the idea, but sadly due to her current IRL issues regarding her studies she wants to keep her current pfp to show her feelings these current days.

So yeah, she didn't say no and was actually cool with the idea. That's awesome.

Shroob

Sup?
The global version of “Love Live! School idol festival 2 MIRACLE LIVE!” is scheduled to launch in February.

The same app will shut down May 31, 2024

No I didn’t make that shutdown date up.
I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to spend money on a game that announces it's going to die in literally 2 and a half months in its reveal post.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to spend money on a game that announces it's going to die in literally 2 and a half months in its reveal post.
The same announcement also mentions in app purchases will be disabled.

That really makes me wonder why even bother putting it out?

Unless there was some corporate mandate or a Persona 5 crossover happpening.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That really makes me wonder why even bother putting it out?

Unless there was some corporate mandate or a Persona 5 crossover happpening.
I think it is just because they promised NA that you would be able to use your transferred data in a new game so it is the bare minimum so they don't get sued

The original SIF actually had one and it got hit by the curse lmao.

Shroob

Sup?
Told my parents I'm questioning my gender and they accepted me without blinking

I'm never taking them for granted again
Congrats.

Just wait for Fortnite to feature the Phantom Thieves then suddenly Fortnite closes.

…or is this why the Thieves didn’t take Fortnite’s heart yet?
Nah, it's just cause the world isn't ready to see Joker hit the griddy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Another Project Voltage supporting artwork released; “Boss’ Voice” by Sie Nanahara, ft. Dark Miku, the Houndour line, the Murkrow line, and the Poliwag line (except Poliwrath):

also seeing Love Live makes me think of SiIvaGunner

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 383502
Brawl FD theme starts playing
"Breaking news: two strange lifeforms have been been spotted on the LISA Pathfinder.

Witnesses working at NASA have described the two lifeforms as a humanoid fox in space exploration and advanced Air Force gear, and a strange round creature covered in pink fur, who seem to be somehow defying the lack of oxygen and and low gravity to engage in a largely melee-focused fight. A spokesperson for NASA has released a statement claiming that they currently have no knowledge of either of the lifeforms' origins, but that they will update the public on the situation after one of the strange lifeforms is knocked out"

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
"Breaking news: two strange lifeforms have been been spotted on the LISA Pathfinder.

Witnesses working at NASA have described the two lifeforms as humanoid fox in space exploration and advanced Air Force gear, and a strange round creature covered in pink fur, who seem to be somehow defying the lack of oxygen and and low gravity to engage in a largely melee-focused fight. A spokesperson for NASA has released a statement claiming that they currently have no knowledge of either of the lifeforms' origins, but that they will update the public on the situation after one of the strange lifeforms is knocked out"
“Upon further examination, the fox-like humanoid appeared to be inflicting an intense combination of attacks onto his opponent. Since our leading expert on this strange phenomenon, Dr. Lucius Wombo, was the one to discover this maneuver, we have given it the title Wombo Combo.”

Shroob

Sup?
“Upon further examination, the fox-like humanoid appeared to be inflicting an intense combination of attacks onto his opponent. Since our leading expert on this strange phenomenon, Dr. Lucius Wombo, was the one to discover this maneuver, we have given it the title Wombo Combo.”
Dr.Lucius Wombo would like to clarify that ain't a falcon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Another Project Voltage supporting artwork released; “Boss’ Voice” by Sie Nanahara, ft. Dark Miku, the Houndour line, the Murkrow line, and the Poliwag line (except Poliwrath):

also seeing Love Live makes me think of SiIvaGunner
I very quickly interest in the Pokemon Vocaloid songs because I can only take miku's one so much before I get sick of it

Top Bottom