• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I meant the "No men" part lol.

I was reminded when you went full-on chuuni awhile back.
I see.

Had to look up what that other one was.

And yeah I kind of did have that phase in college. Tried to act like a Bond villain. Thought it could be my persona. But my persona just ended up being “nutcase”.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been quiet on the whole Chuggaconroy thing because I hate Youtuber drama and I tend to try and wait things out to see what happens before forming an opinion, but after what I just read...

That mf was my childhood. I loved his videos, I've watched all his let's plays for a decade. I always knew he was awkward and cringy, but **** so am I. It made me feel not so alone as a socially inept Pokemon obsessed kid. I truly thought that at the end of the day he was just a cool guy.

But now...

The moral of the story here, kids, is that you can never trust anybody. Everyone is secretly evil and if you develop any respect for a prominent figure, be it a legitimate celebrity or just a funny Youtuber, you're a goddamn moron.

My faith in humanity is destroyed and my day is ruined. Now if you'll excuse me I have some moving traffic to jump into.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've been quiet on the whole Chuggaconroy thing because I hate Youtuber drama and I tend to try and wait things out to see what happens before forming an opinion, but after what I just read...

That mf was my childhood. I loved his videos, I've watched all his let's plays for a decade. I always knew he was awkward and cringy, but **** so am I. It made me feel not so alone as a socially inept Pokemon obsessed kid. I truly thought that at the end of the day he was just a cool guy.

But now...

The moral of the story here, kids, is that you can never trust anybody. Everyone is secretly evil and if you develop any respect for a prominent figure, be it a legitimate celebrity or just a funny Youtuber, you're a goddamn moron.

My faith in humanity is destroyed and my day is ruined. Now if you'll excuse me I have some moving traffic to jump into.
Please don't jump into traffic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Taylor Swift considering legal action due to the…stuff…that AI art has made of her

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I stopped caring about YouTubers long ago. Like there’s plenty I really enjoy right now, but that’s it, I don’t care to get invested beyond that.

Because you never know what they are really like, so right now they are background noise for me basically. Only a few I really think stand out though from who I watch, like Gvg, TTAR, the theme park channels, Omni and that’s about it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, if this allegation's true, that's the end of the line for Chuggaaconroy.

I've watched Emile for well over a decade. Even just less than a year ago, watching some of Emile's LPs along even helped me cope with the passing of a very close friend of mine who was a member on this very site (and I know most if not all of you who were here at the time probably know exactly the dear friend I'm referring to.).

Because of that...I'm not even that angry anymore at this point. I'm just disheartened.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

But now...

Noi, please tell me you're exaggerating and being sarcastic with that last paragraph.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 383513

I am not going to commit unalive because of a goddamn Nintentuber getting canceled I'm being hyperbolic because I'm angry
I mean, I get that. Venting can help a great deal.

But even jokes of going unalive are gonna make people concerned for you and your-well being regardless.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Is it really that hard for people online to not be creepy around children?

I get that I'm 32 years old in a sea of teens to young adults here but it just boggles my mind.
I am in my thirties too, 36 to be precise, and I don't do that kind of disgusting stuff around children. That said, I prefer working with them, and being a good person to them.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Man...

1706233878949.png

I can't believe this is actually happening...

I looked up to Emile so much as a kid getting into Nintendo. I was hooked from the minute I saw his Pokemon FireRed playthrough. I watched through a ton of his content and had such a good time. I had for years.

Now...all these memories are tainted, and all I feel is an empty void in myself where that joy used to be.

It hurts.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man...

View attachment 383515

I can't believe this is actually happening...

I looked up to Emile so much as a kid getting into Nintendo. I was hooked from the minute I saw his Pokemon FireRed playthrough. I watched through a ton of his content and had such a good time. I had for years.

Now...all these memories are tainted, and all I feel is an empty void in myself where that joy used to be.

It hurts.
I know how that feels. Really. You still have the potential to move on (as hard as that may be), and more importantly, be grateful you are not the terrible person you have read about, and that you do not do anything that person does. You can also still be strong, be yourself, and be happy with the things you have in life, even if you have to lose one of them like this. Be you, be happy you are you, and don't let others drag you down. Every ending is a new beginning, and just let this ending affect you in the short term, and don't let it become a big, negative part of your life.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I know how that feels. Really. You still have the potential to move on (as hard as that may be), and more importantly, be grateful you are not the terrible person you have read about, and that you do not do anything that person does. You can also still be strong, be yourself, and be happy with the things you have in life, even if you have to lose one of them like this. Be you, be happy you are you, and don't let others drag you down. Every ending is a new beginning, and just let this ending affect you in the short term, and don't let it become a big, negative part of your life.
Thanks for saying this. I agree fully.

While yes, I am hurting, I still have a lot in my life I enjoy, and a lot I'm thankful for. And I know even though this hurts to hear about, what's important for me to do now is to move forward and keep making joy wherever I can.

And I hope we can all remember this in the future.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thanks for saying this. I agree fully.

While yes, I am hurting, I still have a lot in my life I enjoy, and a lot I'm thankful for. And I know even though this hurts to hear about, what's important for me to do now is to move forward and keep making joy wherever I can.

And I hope we can all remember this in the future.
I am glad to see that you do understand, Pink Yoshi.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is it really that hard for people online to not be creepy around children?

I get that I'm 32 years old in a sea of teens to young adults here but it just boggles my mind.
I'm 21 and to me, anyone below the age of 20 look and act like complete children. I don't understand why these grown ass adults wanna mess with someone who still needs parents permission before the dentist does a cleaning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On a note more related to the thread…

I’m curious if we do get that smash upgraded of some kind on switch 2…. Will other games follow? mK8 probably gets rebranded to MK10.

But Animal Crossing feels perfect for an upgrade. Add new items, maybe new villagers, or let’s do amiibo villagers again. Every animal amiibo gets a villager, the pokemon ones included. All the ones from New leaf also come back.

That’s two big long service games that would be great to have updated at launch. Question is will they actually do it though…

cashregister9

Smash Hero
But Animal Crossing feels perfect for an upgrade. Add new items, maybe new villagers, or let’s do amiibo villagers again. Every animal amiibo gets a villager, the pokemon ones included. All the ones from New leaf also come back.
amiibo Fest2val

Reactions: Z25

KillerCage

Smash Master
Grooming and engaging in sexual rp with a minor that includes plenty of mentions of *, Chuggaa describing the term "loli" as a "pedocrush" as a means of jutisfying it, the weird sneaker fetish *

I'm thinking it's over
It pains me to do this as a Chuggaaconroy fan who has been watching his content for the last decade, but I have come to the decision to unsubscribe from his YouTube channel. While I was skeptical of Lady Emily's claims, hearing MasaeAnela's story and seeing the disappointment of NCS and Protonjon actually lined up with the accusations. Regardless of whether or not these "conversations" were done with malice or obliviousness, Emile must face the very grave consequences of his actions. I'm still willing to watch the next TRG project (IF it does release) as it was recorded before all of THIS came to light. After that I'll be sticking to watching the other TRG members including Masae, Jon, and Tom Fawkes. As for Chuggaa, he may be willing to change for the better, but the things he has done, the pain he has caused, there's no going back.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm 21 and to me, anyone below the age of 20 look and act like complete children. I don't understand why these grown ass adults wanna mess with someone who still needs parents permission before the dentist does a cleaning.
You have to wonder what happens. Were people who end up in this scenario always like this? Did they just, randomly turn into this somehow? Does the fame get to them and make them feel invincible?

I just don't get it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Matpat: Decides at nearly 40 it's time to stop hyper fixating on Five Nights at Freddy's and spend more time with his wife and family, voluntarily leaving behind the legacy of a very successful channel.

Chuggaa: Gets outed as a creep, than a mega creep, than a mega-hyper-turbo creep. At this point there's no real way he can come back from this. It's over.

To all my up and coming Youtubers, be more like Matpat :drsad:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Vince McMahon is gonna die one day…in the past I’d be sad, but nowadays I have no issue with it (especially with the additional allegations he now has)

Top Bottom