• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Surprisingly good idea. Daisy could be his Peach equivalent, King Boo his Bowser, and then two new square OCs to fill it out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to watch Dream's Manhunt videos a lot. They even helped cheer me up during some lower times in my life, so everything that's come out about him in the past year is honestly just saddening.

I just hope the people affected by his actions are okay and that if nothing else, Dream loses his platform for this.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ive seen some talk about weird german kids if this refers to me damn my god do you take stuff personal!
Anyways thats not the main point being racist towards germany/ Germans is not a good look!
And believe me if anyone thinks negativly of me the same applies to lietrally anyone else in germany so dont lump them in with me!
Racism towards ANY decent Country or people = BAD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Would love the fact the new Scott Pilgrim shows calls Detective Pikachu the greatest detective of all time lol.

Surprisingly good idea. Daisy could be his Peach equivalent, King Boo his Bowser, and then two new square OCs to fill it out.
This would be fun, but I don’t know if they roll out DLC with TYD around the corner. Also don’t know how king boo who’s written more evil teams up with Luigi, but that be sweet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Would love the fact the new Scott Pilgrim shows calls Detective Pikachu the greatest detective of all time lol.

This would be fun, but I don’t know if they roll out DLC with TYD around the corner. Also don’t know how king boo who’s written more evil teams up with Luigi, but that be sweet.
I wouldn't have thought the two games would come out so close together. If they do it they do it. Would be really fun.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So a while back I posted a picture of my One Piece gashapon figurines and lamented the fact that I don't have Usopp, so here's an update
IMG_20231119_205448.jpg

Good news: I have Usopp now which technically means I have all the Straw Hats
Bad news: I now have the Going Merry but not the Thousand Sunny, and I'm also missing the 11th Straw Hat

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
King Boo would never team up with Luigi. Bowser has a begrudging respect for the bros, Boo's just a ****in HATER

Man met Mario once and took it real personal. Leading to years of building a revenge scheme against him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ive seen some talk about weird german kids if this refers to me damn my god do you take stuff personal!
Anyways thats not the main point being racist towards germany/ Germans is not a good look!
And believe me if anyone thinks negativly of me the same applies to lietrally anyone else in germany so dont lump them in with me!
Racism towards ANY decent Country or people = BAD
are you implying racism against an indecent country is justified

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just learned that Janet Varney is no longer voicing Korra due to wanting a PoC to play the role. Starting with NASB2, the current Avatar is now played by Jacqueline Grace Lopez.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just learned that Janet Varney is no longer voicing Korra due to wanting a PoC to play the role. Starting with NASB2, the current Avatar is now played by Jacqueline Grace Lopez.
What your body is like shouldn't matter. Anyone should be able to voice any character if they can make the right voice.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What your body is like shouldn't matter. Anyone should be able to voice any character if they can make the right voice.
Ehhh I mean, in cases where the character just has a normal speaking voice it kinda doesn't matter. But if it doesn't matter, why not get a POC to voice a POC character? It's not gonna take away anything from the character.

But with that said there are other cases such as Phil LaMarr as Samurai Jack, a very black man playing a very Japanese character. And yet I couldn't imagine it being any different. So I do think there's room for nuance.

But if the character is just a "funny" accent and a bunch of stereotypes, get that white guy off the mic :239:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ehhh I mean, in cases where the character just has a normal speaking voice it kinda doesn't matter. But if it doesn't matter, why not get a POC to voice a POC character? It's not gonna take away anything from the character.

But with that said there are other cases such as Phil LaMarr as Samurai Jack, a very black man playing a very Japanese character. And yet I couldn't imagine it being any different. So I do think there's room for nuance.

But if the character is just a "funny" accent and a bunch of stereotypes, get that white guy off the mic :239:
Well yeah, I'm obviously not condoning racist accents. But Korra was recast just so that a Person of Color could have the roll in a spinoff video game (someone who was no doubt cheaper than her original VA, probably was non-union. Maybe a PoC should have had the roll to begin with, i don't know. But honestly in a video game like this they should always get for the original voice actor unless that voice actor is dead or has aged out of the roll.

IDK, I'm probably just being crazy. But this doesn't feel like the time or place. And honestly it just feels like they're using diversity as a scapegoat when what they really wanted was cheaper non-union labor.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone know where I can find the Pokémon icons of all Pokémon in the artstyle used in Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, Scarlet, and Violet?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also one really funny gaming related joke in Scott Pilgrim:
Wallace going “he’s going to find out eventually”

Only for the drama it was building to be the revelation that Wallace’s husband works at Nintendo.

Had me laughing.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Shroob

Sup?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well yeah, I'm obviously not condoning racist accents. But Korra was recast just so that a Person of Color could have the roll in a spinoff video game (someone who was no doubt cheaper than her original VA, probably was non-union. Maybe a PoC should have had the roll to begin with, i don't know. But honestly in a video game like this they should always get for the original voice actor unless that voice actor is dead or has aged out of the roll.

IDK, I'm probably just being crazy. But this doesn't feel like the time or place. And honestly it just feels like they're using diversity as a scapegoat when what they really wanted was cheaper non-union labor.
tbf, it was Janet herself who gave up the role. Makes sense when you remember how characters like Cleveland had their VAs changed due to their actors feeling the same after the George Floyd situation occurred (and then additional racial tensions). Some of the white actors are merely choosing to let minorities play the characters that match them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
tbf, it was Janet herself who gave up the role. Makes sense when you remember how characters like Cleveland had their VAs changed due to their actors feeling the same after the George Floyd situation occurred (and then additional racial tensions). Some of the white actors are merely choosing to let minorities play the characters that match them.
Didn't know this. I guess Miss Varney has a right to do whatever she wants.

And I mean, technically Korra isn't latina she's a native a native of the south pole so I guess the role should go to someone of that background. :drshrug:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Didn't know this. I guess Miss Varney has a right to do whatever she wants.

And I mean, technically Korra isn't latina she's a native a native of the south pole so I guess the role should go to someone of that background. :drshrug:
guess they couldn’t find a South Pole citizen to Avatar up quick enough

also I’m learning that Grey Griffin didn’t come back to voice Azula (probably got stuck with a stacked schedule or something)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
That's a bit weird, since I don't think it would matter if the person is PoC or not as long they have a fitting voice for the character.

Top Bottom