• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Starry.

No Life Princess
I mean that show is super cute. So cute that it makes you realize that you are single and watching it alone and now you made yourself sad as you s ilently laugh at uour screen in the darkness of your room. Way to go.

I also liked Yu, he was cool.
The relatability was a little too high for comfort with this one.

hxh you can cry.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dragon Miku & Miraidon

I was expecting either Noivern or Kommo-o, but Miraidon is a good choice and fits Miku very well due to the “future” theme. All of the designs have been very cool and cute.

Tomorrow, they’ll release the first song/music video for the collab, called “Volt Tackle” by DECO*27. They’ll release one song/MV every week, each by a different Vocaloid Producer. Seems they won’t be using the designs from the art part of the collab; kinda odd, but I guess that just means more cool Miku designs :>

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dragon Miku & Miraidon

I was expecting either Noivern or Kommo-o, but Miraidon is a good choice and fits Miku very well due to the “future” theme. All of the designs have been very cool and cute.

Tomorrow, they’ll release the first song/music video for the collab, called “Volt Tackle” by DECO*27. They’ll release one song/MV every week, each by a different Vocaloid Producer. Seems they won’t be using the designs from the art part of the collab; kinda odd, but I guess that just means more cool Miku designs :>
It’s Noiver…

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don’t see why Fionna and Cake’s ending is controversial.

Really liked it, was a fitting end to the series.
It was a little corny having Baby Finn, the squirrel, and the farmworld couple show up and move in. Especially the last two, because it isnt clear if FW Finn died and if so it means that Jay dipped after her younger siblings became orphans

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dragon Miku & Miraidon

Kommo-O and Noivern truthers in shambles

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0225.jpeg
it’s freaking the internet out due to it being either awesome and cinematic…or bland and worse than Starfield’s title screen

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I mean that show is super cute. So cute that it makes you realize that you are single and watching it alone and now you made yourself sad as you s ilently laugh at uour screen in the darkness of your room. Way to go.

I also liked Yu, he was cool.
When I saw this as a quote on the new page, my Disventure Camp-hyperfixating ass misread this as "I also liked Yul"
1695935406151.png

I think I need to wash my brain cuz this show is buried in my skull

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When I saw this as a quote on the new page, my Disventure Camp-hyperfixating ass misread this as "I also liked Yul"
View attachment 378480
I think I need to wash my brain cuz this show is buried in my skull
Alright so confession from me.

I never watched Total Drama in my life. I mean I seen parts of certain episodes but I never sat down and thoroughly watched an entire episode of TD.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dragon Miku & Miraidon

I'm kind of tempted to update the thread poll for each of the Miku types...

Ground, Dark, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, and Fighting are probably my favorites.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just thinking, like some while back I used to absolutely dump on V-Tubers, like a running joke that far overstayed it's welcome. And now that I think of it... where did they go? You don't hear about them anymore, and when you do it's because of a horrible take or them randomly deciding to start acting like Adolf Hitler. As for the rest of them, did they just... disappear?

Shroob

Sup?
Just thinking, like some while back I used to absolutely dump on V-Tubers, like a running joke that far overstayed it's welcome. And now that I think of it... where did they go? You don't hear about them anymore, and when you do it's because of a horrible take or them randomly deciding to start acting like Adolf Hitler. As for the rest of them, did they just... disappear?
They're still around, it's just the internet's kinda become desensitized to their presence.

Hololive and Nijisanji have been churning out new waves of English vtubers, and Twitch is flooded with Indie ones.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Alright so confession from me.

I never watched Total Drama in my life. I mean I seen parts of certain episodes but I never sat down and thoroughly watched an entire episode of TD.
I have never seen a second of it, my only exposure to it is through memes
Well, Noi put it quite nicely:

It is cringe and it is wonderful
There's some uncomfy bits and a lot of toilet humor (do NOT watch episode 5 of the 2023 season if you don't care for fart jokes), but it's got some genuinely clever humor, lots of characters you can potentially connect with, and some of the romantic arcs are REALLY nice. It's a classic of Cartoon Network for a reason and I super suggest checking it out.

And I would DEFINITELY suggest Disventure Camp as well. It takes a lot of inspiration from Total Drama but also manages to be its own thing. It's got a darker tone, less toilet humor, and just like TD it has characters and romances you're bound to connect with (you see my current PFP right?).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was a little corny having Baby Finn, the squirrel, and the farmworld couple show up and move in. Especially the last two, because it isnt clear if FW Finn died and if so it means that Jay dipped after her younger siblings became orphans
Baby finn makes sense at least, because they left his ass to die lol. There was no survival there. Having a version of Fiona and finn in the same world is an interesting concept though,

I think the ending is meant to imply that now that they are an official universe, they can cross travel between worlds potentially. After all Simon says he wants to move and moving to her world would make sense.

That would justify farm world Finn’s kid being here. Or you could Infer Farm Finn survived and was cool with the both of them going off on their own.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ngl, even though I have a degree in game dev, idk if I want to enter the field anymore. It's far too unstable for my liking and idk these layoffs and insider reports are some 😬😬😬. I was once excited to work for a company but now...

If I were, I'd much rather have it be more of a small-mid sized group or personal project kinda stuff. AAA is scary lol.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, why is LGPE like the 2nd most expensive Switch Pokemon game 2ndhand. Like, even SwSd is cheaper.

.....Not like I'm looking to buy it or anything, no sir...haha....ha......ha......

Reactions: Z25

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man, why is LGPE like the 2nd most expensive Switch Pokemon game 2ndhand. Like, even SwSd is cheaper.

.....Not like I'm looking to buy it or anything, no sir...haha....ha......ha......
Personally I liked it more than SwSh. But I also liked BDSP more than SwSh too. lol

It's definitely the best version of Kanto at least. Great music and lots of charm. Just make sure you're playing in handheld mode...

KillerCage

Smash Master
Amphibia spoilers:

Am I the only one who NEVER got the impression that Anne had a crush on either of her friends?

Marcy's a maybe. Sasha's the only one with any actual subtext, and even that's mostly reserved for later in the series, like you said.
Yeah I also didn't the impression that Anne had a crush on either Sasha or Marcy. The only one of the trio who's confirmed to be bisexual is Sasha and her feelings to Anne is ambiguous. It's not clear if their relationship after the finale was romantic or platonic.

StormC

Smash Hero
VTubers are still very popular, especially in Japan.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Poison is the best one.

Right?

Right?
Poison wasn't one of my votes, but at the same time if I said "no" I'd be lying.

though I feel that way for each of them.

For Poison specifically, I like that she seems to be a mad scientist...and, like the others, she's really cute...

I was thinking of choosing 10 and it'd be between Poison or Bug. If I had to choose just one out of all of them...I'm not sure.

tbh, I just narrowed it down to nine 'cause I thought voting all would be odd for a favorites poll. If I narrowed it down to 3, maybe Fairy, Dragon and Steel? Maybe Flying, Ghost, Grass or Ground could take Steel's place? Poison, Bug, Ice or others?

...I think, to sum up my thoughts:

idk I just like Miku.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel making a new Ultimate Universe is somewhat interesting so far…they have a teenage Tony Stark as Iron Lad, while also pretty much being the universe’s Kang, Cap’s frozen, and atm Peter Parker isn’t Spider-Man until January

Johnathan Hickman is writing the stories so I’m interested, but I hope it stays separate from the og Ultimate Universe (strictly because Ultimate Peter has the happy life that he earned and deserves)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So yeah I got Let's Go Eevee.

Why? Pokemania I guess

No I'm still not getting SwSd.
You say that.

But then you're gonna want a Gigantamax Eevee from importing your partner Eevee into SwSh.

And then you'll want a Gigantamax Pikachu.

So you'll buy Let's Go Pikachu.

Top Bottom