• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
big oof
I think it's time for people to realize that internet dogpiling =/= reality. I bet majority of people watching this show legit had no clue about the online reception, and you shouldn't give them grief for wamting to enjoy it.

Also, the show sucks

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think it's time for people to realize that internet dogpiling =/= reality. I bet majority of people watching this show legit had no clue about the online reception, and you shouldn't give them grief for wamting to enjoy it.

Also, the show sucks
So what you're saying is, people can redeem themselves if viewership drops significantly after this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is why everything is **** nowadays, because people keep ****ing supporting it. :thedorf:
To be fair, there's no such thing as a bad publicity and Velma produced a lot of buzz. I'm sure a good part of the views came from people who just wanted to see what was the big deal. It's not necessarily a metric of how much people liked it.

Also, I don't count on it but maybe they'll try to genuinely kmprove the writing if the series moves on. I feel like some executive meddling over the identity of the show impacted the weird tone.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sure Chaos Island can without a doubt be considered the worst part of the game woth the sudden 2D sections being tedious and how surprisingly easy it is to just run in lava and die instantly.

But

Did the whole world know your name when you danced with destiny?
I WENT THERE AND I SAW IT
I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN IT
I FOUND MY FLAMEEEEE

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Growing Up Creepy better
That's a cartoon I've been meaning to watch. Nelvana as a whole solos, but I'd love to try GUC.

couldn’t I just watch 6Teen instead to hide my sadness? Or at the least just the parts involving Nikki, Jude, Jen, Wyatt, and the store peoples?
You absolutely can. I always encourage watching 6teen. Caitlin solos all the characters you mentioned tho tbh (though to be fair I love Jen to pieces too)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, I haven't watched any Scooby Doo show since Mystery Incorporated (which I admittedly wasn't even a big fan of, so I didn't even watch the whole series), so while the Velma show looks awful so far, it's not a big deal for me. I haven't followed the franchise enough in the past decade to be more than annoyed by how it turned out.

Still lame that a project that had potential turned out rather poorly, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is why everything is **** nowadays, because people keep ****ing supporting it. :thedorf:
Big Mouth likely confirms this

Also, the show sucks
sucks yet won’t let us escape
Velma the "smart one"
I didn’t even notice that one
You absolutely can. I always encourage watching 6teen. Caitlin solos all the characters you mentioned tho tbh (though to be fair I love Jen to pieces too)
I can work with Caitlin
Honestly I'm just so tired of the Velma discourse.
View attachment 366432
If I wanted to constantly rage over ultimately inconsequential things outside of my control, I'd sign back up to Twitter.
I’ll put you on that Omegle thing
You're telling me you don't spend your every waking hour raging at something that you don't like or have any interest in?
it’s the only way to live

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You're telling me you don't spend your every waking hour raging at something that you don't like or have any interest in?
Well Animation Twitter is telling me this is worse than 9/11 like any other mid-bad cartoon ever so yeah I am outraged and will proceed to blow up WB.

But seriously I wish it was cool to have a good discussion over animation online, but 99% of online animation nerds are either unfunny children, or jobless unfunny manchildren

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I'm just so tired of the Velma discourse.
View attachment 366432
If I wanted to constantly rage over ultimately inconsequential things outside of my control, I'd sign back up to Twitter.
Technically it is in your control, but also everyone else’s.

Look at Netflix for example. They cancelled all the good animated content because it didn’t have enough views I guess.

I can only assume this is the reason, because Love, Death, and Robots is still going, and that’s definitely not a small budget show.

It deserves to continue to, really amazing animation and premises. Which is why it’s probably attracted a solid viewership.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well Animation Twitter is telling me this is worse than 9/11 like any other mid-bad cartoon ever so yeah I am outraged and will proceed to blow up WB.

But seriously I wish it was cool to have a good discussion over animation online, but 99% of online animation nerds are either unfunny children, or jobless unfunny manchildren
Animation Twitter has always been a toxic, awful hellhole of cynicism and elitism. Velma is just the latest victim of constant over-exaggeration - shows like Teen Titans Go, Breadwinners and Fanboy and Chum Chum are often made out to be the death of the medium of animation itself, when they're really just silly little lighthearted cartoons with purposefully dumb jokes.

The best thing about animation twitter is seeing people argue about what preschool cartoon is the best. :secretkpop:

Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs still solos.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We should blow up WB, but not because of this. There are better reasons to nuked WB from the face of the earth.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Technically it is in your control, but also everyone else’s.

Look at Netflix for example. They cancelled all the good animated content because it didn’t have enough views I guess.

I can only assume this is the reason, because Love, Death, and Robots is still going, and that’s definitely not a small budget show.

It deserves to continue to, really amazing animation and premises. Which is why it’s probably attracted a solid viewership.
Well I'm not really interested in Velma, so I'm not watching it. It's not really what I want from animation or from the Scooby franchise. But if other people want to it's no skin off my back.
I did rage over other people raging for a breif while but then I realized I had a problem and stopped. Became the thing I sought to destroy.

Anger can be so contagious.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'd say the more revered animals in Islam are spiders, cats and camels. I don't think most important creatures are associated with animals, though djinns usually favor the form of snakes.

There's also the heavenly steed Buraq, but I feel like he should be a Flying/Electric type if you're basing a Pokemon off him.
I ended up going for Falcons, since they're apparently considered a status symbol in Islam.

I have a Grass Falcon, Fire Lamb, and a Water Lion, representing Islam, Christianity, and Judaism respectively.

I obviously haven't designed any of them yet though so I will need to think about how to incorporate these religions into their design.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I finally saw The Suicide Squad and on god, I am willing to beat the ** out of Snyder fans insisting Gunn will ** up the DCEU, that was ****ing incredible
SS (2016) was not Snyder’s vision. Hell, it wasn’t even David Ayer’s (the director) vision. This film was famously butchered by the WB/DC executives. iirc, Ayer tweeted several tweets about his original cut and it was MUCH better. That’s why #ReleaseTheAyerCut was trending for months.

You even wonder how those cybergoths that were dancing under the bridge are doing?
Likely in rehabs or deceased due to illegal drugs. I see it everyday at work

In WB news, a report came in that WB is looking to sell its music library for about a billion dollars.
The axe of Zaslav swings wide. WB needs money and business opportunities. This sale provides both. It must be done.

yeah **** Nate Jacobs
It makes me super happy when Gunn body slams these fake news peddlers on Twitter. Den of Nerds (slightly famous) has been my favorite body slam.

Here are some of the films that I watched recently (even though most of these are based on fighting games.)
  • Tekken (2009)
  • Tekken 2: Kazuya's Revenge
  • Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
  • The King of Fighters
I'll give my overall thoughts on these films on my next post.
Brotini, you started with literally some of the worst VG Movies ever made.

Grab you some Tomb Raider (2018), Uncharted (2022), Mortal Kombat (2021), Prince of Persia (2010), Detective Pikachu (2019).

Remember, no VG movie is faithful to the original game (just like CBMs are not faithful to comics) so view the films as it’s own thing. The ones I’ve listed are decent (as VG movies go lol)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
SS (2016) was not Snyder’s vision. Hell, it wasn’t even David Ayer’s (the director) vision. This film was famously butchered by the WB/DC executives. iirc, Ayer tweeted several tweets about his original cut and it was MUCH better. That’s why #ReleaseTheAyerCut was trending for months.
Pretty sure she was referring to the 2021 film

osby

Smash Obsessed

Grab you some Tomb Raider (2018), Uncharted (2022), Mortal Kombat (2021), Prince of Persia (2010), Detective Pikachu (2019).

Remember, no VG movie is faithful to the original game (just like CBMs are not faithful to comics) so view the films as it’s own thing. The ones I’ve listed are decent (as VG movies go lol)
Okay, but the Uncharted movie was so boring. It had nothing that really set it apart from a random action flick with the brand name slapped on it.

Also, there are video game adaptations faithful to their origins, they are just mostly animated.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pretty sure she was referring to the 2021 film
ah ok I see. Yeah it was decent. Rat Catcher 2 was pretty great imo.

Okay, but the Uncharted movie was so boring. It had nothing that really set it apart from a random action flick with the brand name slapped on it.

Also, there are video game adaptations faithful to their origins, they are just mostly animated.
I didn’t think it was boring but I also appreciate something less risky/generic than something truly terrible like Doom (2005) or mortal kombat annihilation (1997) because it continuously taints the VG movie genre.

Btw, I thought we were talking about live action stuff. I don’t really watch cartoon VG movies so I can’t speak on that.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
One of my cats saw his older sister drinking water straight from the tap and now he wants to do it, too. The problem is, he's afraid of the running tap and while he keeps getting closer to the sink, he can't get his face close to the water.

For now, I put his water bowl on the kitchen counter so he doesn't feel jealous (which seems to work).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well let's just say the ones that I listed above are ones that I really regretted watching afterwards.

But it does amaze me to how none of those who were involved with the writing of the film had no idea or not even played any of their games in order to be understand and be respectful to the source material for example changing Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui in to CIA agents made no sense within the film and had no reference to their video game counterparts.

I have watched a couple of these other video game films above and Detective Pikachu is one of the few video game films that I enjoyed (the other is Sonic.)

For the longest time the people making these movies just didn’t play video games. And they didn’t care to learn about the source material either.
I think there is a good reason to why Shigeru Miyamoto is working closely alongside Illumination for the upcoming Super Mario Bros film, so that they it stays faithful to the source material.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Beat Chaos Island in Sonic Frontiers

That was the worst island but once again I am not immune to Rad Hedgehog fighting a Giant creature with rock music in the background
I won't call Chaos Island the worst island in the game though there a LOT of things I don't like about it.
The next island is the worst in my opinion because THERE IS NOTHING THERE!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know it got clarified but I specifically meant people who believe the DCEU is now tarnished because James Gunn is overseeing it instead of Snyder because holy **** Snyder does not understand anything he seems to adapt except for 300, and even that's just cause he and Frank Miller are both idiots
I won't call Chaos Island the worst island in the game though there a LOT of things I don't like about it.
The next island is the worst in my opinion because THERE IS NOTHING THERE!
We call that 'narrative' as games are more than just gameplay. The tense music, the atmosphere, the journey to the top of the towers, they're not full island scope but the story around Rhea means it should't be

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
pretty much confirming they wasted Jon, Tim, and Yara all at once despite them being meant to take over the Holy Trinity roles
hopefully DC can at least do some rehabbing all across the board for them…and also the company as a whole

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Miles is infini****ed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m grateful SpongeBob decided to bring back Bubble Bass and make him the ultimate nerdy ass dorkbag…everything about him fits the modern days of fancy living

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if it's just me but Smash Wiki likes to crash when I try to browse through it on my phone.
Seems like all Wikis that use that template/been in that non-wikia alliance been having issues on mobile. The KHWiki freezes and crashes all the time lately and that uses the same format at Smash Wiki

Top Bottom