• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched two different takes on the "Christmas Carol" films. One that features Mickey and his friends in the 1983 animated adaption and the features the Muppets in the 1992 adaption.

Overall, I'd say that I pretty much enjoyed both takes that not only were able to provide a compelling storytelling, but having Ducktales' Scrooge McDuck (voiced by the late Alan Young) and Sir Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooges both work very well within their adaptions. I'd say both adaptions were certainly a joy to watch during the Christmas period and I can understand why these two are considered timeless classics.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
so, first impressions of Scarlet Violet after 2 or so hours of playtime:

Its alright. Its very ambitious and I'm liking a lot of things about it but it is very clearly rough around the edges(lots of framerate drops, graphical issues like the camera clipping through the floor, an obscene amount of object pop in but I think that's moreso an issue with the engine and render distance limitations than a active issue with the game itself) and the pacing at first kinda felt... awkward? Like one second you're getting introduced to your classroom, the next, you have 0 ides where you're supposed to be so you go into the kitchen only to find 2 story relavent npcs out of nowhere?

I like the idea of having 3 key goals to focus on being thrust on you at the same time(and the interactions between the trio of quest relavent people is super funny to watch) but in practice so far the execution feels like... "okay, pick 1 thing to do and you're going to stick to it, if you happen to find something to do on option b along the way go nuts." so realistically there's still a pretty clear "developer intended route" the game wants you to take.

The world feels much more alive than previous entries due to how many pokemon can be on screen at a time, the QOL changes and pokemon being able to fight automatically while on the field is also very appreciated.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so, first impressions of Scarlet Violet after 2 or so hours of playtime:

Its alright. Its very ambitious and I'm liking a lot of things about it but it is very clearly rough around the edges(lots of framerate drops, graphical issues like the camera clipping through the floor, an obscene amount of object pop in but I think that's moreso an issue with the engine and render distance limitations than a active issue with the game itself) and the pacing at first kinda felt... awkward? Like one second you're getting introduced to your classroom, the next, you have 0 ides where you're supposed to be so you go into the kitchen only to find 2 story relavent npcs out of nowhere?

I like the idea of having 3 key goals to focus on being thrust on you at the same time(and the interactions between the trio of quest relavent people is super funny to watch) but in practice so far the execution feels like... "okay, pick 1 thing to do and you're going to stick to it, if you happen to find something to do on option b along the way go nuts." so realistically there's still a pretty clear "developer intended route" the game wants you to take.

The world feels much more alive than previous entries due to how many pokemon can be on screen at a time, the QOL changes and pokemon being able to fight automatically while on the field is also very appreciated.
Nah Gamefreak definitely did not have a clear mind when designing the placements of every objective. It’s wild when you know what the actual levels of things are, especially if you’ve been watching trailers.

You can easily be over leveled if you don’t know the right order, or under leveled. A interesting balance for better or worse. A lot of people have been making 3 teams, one for each story. Personally I stuck with one and was actually under leveled, but that was fun.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hinestly the lack of scaling made ScarVio more fun for me. I my team hasn't changed after like the first set of challenges and I was underleveled for every fight, but that allowed me to change up the strategy a lot more. First game I deliberately changed my leads depending in the battle and actually did proper setup.

But the lack of scaling can also be a detriment because some bosses are easy as hell if you do it the "wrong" order.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Happy holidays!

Watched Phineas and Ferb: Candace Against the Universe today. Great movie, but I'm probably biased cuz Candace is my favorite character n' all.

(Also Dan, if you could make a Milo Murphy's Law movie that'd be great thanks.)

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Hinestly the lack of scaling made ScarVio more fun for me. I my team hasn't changed after like the first set of challenges and I was underleveled for every fight, but that allowed me to change up the strategy a lot more girst game I deliberately changed my leads depending in the battle and actually did proper setup.

But the lack of scaling can also be a detriment because some bosses are easy as hell if you do it the "wrong" order.
can relate, just tried to fight the Earth Titan a few levels early and got brutally murder cause of ot

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hinestly the lack of scaling made ScarVio more fun for me. I my team hasn't changed after like the first set of challenges and I was underleveled for every fight, but that allowed me to change up the strategy a lot more girst game I deliberately changed my leads depending in the battle and actually did proper setup.

Hard agree. It was very fun fighting Grusha as Number Three and then easily curb stomping Katy and Tulip because I missed them the first time around.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Loaded up Violet in an outbreak of Mabostiff. Thought I might see if I could get a shiny one but ended up finding a shiny Murkrow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be a cool Pokémon fan region? If Hyrule was a Pokémon region. Like it’s Hyrule but there are Pokémon and the non-sapient monsters are all Pokémon-ified.
I figured.

I’m kind of jealous of people who have fun just wandering around open sandbox spaces and messing around without direction. I wish open areas in games didn’t bore/drain me… but they do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Merry Christmas

Recently I have gone through a lot of life. As of right now, half of my family has shunned me and cut me off. Stupid petty reasons, but it happened. I had to move out; luckily I just signed onto a lease at a trailer. I’m adulting and living as good as I can and that’s okay. Before I got the boot out of my old home, i took some older pictures from a photo book with pieces from 20 - 30 years ago. They’re hanging on my fridge rn, the spoiler tag is one of them: me & my mom when I was a baby. It’s also coincidentally a Christmas photo.

C7007F89-14C7-4853-B966-11E1675FB19C.jpeg

Have a happy holiday and a happier new years yall:happysheep:

Top Bottom