• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been on a BIG Dan Povenmire kick for the past week or so

MML is the cartoon of his that I like the most, but P&F and Hamster and Gretel are great in their own right

BTW the best characters in each show are Candace, Melissa and Hiromi respectively cuz they're precious little cupcakes who deserve happiness

I'm curious to know what y'all like most about Dan's three shows!
I don't think you were around for it but I was stanning Perry the Platypus super hard for a year or two. People here kind of knew me as the platypus guy because of it. And honestly he's still probably one of my favorite characters of all time.

But I really love Hamster and Gretel. Been lowkey huperfixating on it. It's still too early to call it my favorite Dwampyverse show but I'm a huge sucker for a good sibling dymamic, and that's what that show is really about.

Milo Murphy's Law is probably my least favorite of the three but I do still really like it and think it deserved better. And Dakota and Cavendish are legends.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I guess the question is how does the germination process work, cause it sounds like the Pikmin seed infects the Bulborb larva at an embryonic stage.
That's how it is then. It's an otherwise useless Pikmin type that you have to purposely give enemy spoils to and if they make it back to the onion, both are sucked up and a new combo is born.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake out here playing god

Again
I've even come up with the color for this new strain. The grey "Smokey" Pikmin. They are grey, obviously, and wispy and resemble a Smokey Progg slightly and they can not fight. They can pass through certain barriers to grab treasures/fruit/pellets/what have you, but that's it. But if you give a large enough group of them an enemy, they all get sucked up and blammo, new Bulbmin type parasite Pikmin. You are exchanging a lot of these guys for one monster Pikmin, Pikmin you could have otherwise made in the other colors, but the trade-off is that this works to even create miniature versions of the games bosses and they are all OP, with the caviot that if they die you can not get that unique combo back unless you are able to do it again. And if it was a combo with an enemy you only fight once sad trumpet doots. But they can all be stored in the onion just like a normal Pikmin. This. Would. Be. Amazing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wound up watching three very different movies in the past 24 hours - Glass Onion (the Knives Out sequel), Violent Night (an action movie starring David Harbour as Santa), and A Christmas Story Christmas (a sequel to A Christmas Story with quite a few of the original actors returning).

I enjoyed them all, though they're all very different movies. (Christmas Story made for a good movie to watch on Christmas Eve night - I only saw the original for the first time a year or two ago)

I wish I had seen Glass Onion in theaters, but it was a mystery that kept me guessing, even if I figured out who the killer was based purely on their actor being infamously difficult to work with. If they made a Violent Night 2, I'd gladly watch it - I could see a sequel with a similar premise but set in an apartment building.

Also, I watched a full episode of Seinfeld for the first time - I caught it on TV occasionally, but I don't think I'd seen a whole episode from start to finish before. (it was the Festivus one)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder what they could do for new potential Pikmin colors. They haven't done Green or Orange yet, those stick out to me.

Also, bring back Purples, Whites, and Bulbmins in Pikmin 4 and give them Onions.
One old concept I remember that a lot of fans thought up was Green Pikmin having a tail, a second root like the one on their head, usually to grant them a secondary attack or better agility.

I saw a few concepts for Orange Pikmin back in the day as well, but none were as prevalent as that one.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

Woah, I just got my Christmas presents and they are the best thing ever:

Not only did I get the Optimus Prime LEGO set I wanted... I FINALLY GOT SUPER SMASH BROS FREAKING MELEE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS LOOKING FOR IT. Ya'll had to see my face when I was opening It thinking It was Crash 4 and saw those Melee renders on the back.

Alas, here's the photo I always wanted to show:

It's beautiful to finally have all these games together. Something I thought would never happen at this rate.

So yeah, really happy with Christmas this year. And the best part is that there will be more on Día De Reyes. But for now... To build the LEGO set and watch some Transformers episodes while doing so :)

osby

Smash Obsessed

Not only did I get the Optimus Prime LEGO set I wanted... I FINALLY GOT SUPER SMASH BROS FREAKING MELEE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS LOOKING FOR IT. Ya'll had to see my face when I was opening It thinking It was Crash 4 and saw those Melee renders on the back.

It's beautiful to finally have all these games together. Something I thought would never happen at this rate.

So yeah, really happy with Christmas this year. And the best part is that there will be more on Día De Reyes. But for now... To build the LEGO set and watch some Transformers episodes while doing so :)

Live Jotadé footage

1671952850361.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Nice congrats! Melee is a pretty rare find in the wild now!

I also got my most wanted lego which was pretty cool:
261CF78E-69D7-40D9-972B-2A910ED73C44.jpeg

I had to crop this so much lol. Can’t wait to build this though!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I don't think you were around for it but I was stanning Perry the Platypus super hard for a year or two. People here kind of knew me as the platypus guy because of it. And honestly he's still probably one of my favorite characters of all time.

But I really love Hamster and Gretel. Been lowkey huperfixating on it. It's still too early to call it my favorite Dwampyverse show but I'm a huge sucker for a good sibling dymamic, and that's what that show is really about.

Milo Murphy's Law is probably my least favorite of the three but I do still really like it and think it deserved better. And Dakota and Cavendish are legends.
Imma be real, this song from Hamster and Gretel is one of the few good things that has ever come out of the existence of onions

Top Bottom