• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

When i'm in a terrible decision making contest and my opponent is Blizzard

Extra Context: For all of overwatch 1, all heroes were given to all players when they released.
Genius idea, especially with there now only being one tank per team. You're a tank player and missed the battlepass with the hero that would be the best counter? Well, screw you, especially with a game that's built on counterswitching.

I swear, OW2 is getting worse and worse with every piece of news I read. Doesn't help that nearly next to nothing of the initial announcement a few years ago survived.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No jokes about the queen being dead, please. No matter who she was, such jokes are insensitive.
My guy she died of old age, her death is hardly a tragedy

Also it's hard to feel sympathy for someone with as much influence as her (not to mention her nation's many, many crimes)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My guy she died of old age, her death is hardly a tragedy

Also it's hard to feel sympathy for someone with as much influence as her (not to mention her nation's many, many crimes)
Regardless, it is still insensitive to joke or say things like that to anyone. What if it was any of you who died that people joked about? Would you want that? It matters not if you were not like her.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Regardless, it is still insensitive to joke or say things like that to anyone. What if it was any of you who died that people joked about? Would you want that? It matters not if you were not like her.
I wouldn't be around to hear it. Six feet under plus afterlife is good soundproofing.

I never understood that logic.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well none of us ruled over an empire, desperately tried to keep a bunch of countries within it (or the commonwealth for that matter), covered for a pedophile and did nothing in the form of reparations to the countries the empire actively ****ed over so there's just the small difference there I'm afraid.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If it were me I simply would make sure I wasn't an awful person before dying, haven't done anything more illegal than cycling without a light so I'd say I'm doing pretty good

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well none of us ruled over an empire, desperately tried to keep a bunch of countries within it (or the commonwealth for that matter), covered for a pedophile and did nothing in the form of reparations to the countries the empire actively ****ed over so there's just the small difference there I'm afraid.
I did say it matters not if you were not like her. You seemed to have missed that.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Well to anyone who mourns the lost of Her Majesty, I send my condolences

A lot of stuff will be changing tho for sure. Charles III is now gonna be king. His face will be on the British dollar currency, and not Elizabeth's anymore, etc

D

Deleted member

Normally I tend to stay silent, but like, what the hell? Joking about the death of a person is perfectly fine, but saying this guy's
name out loud gets censored? Some of the moderation on here sure can be a little, funky, to say the least, given some of the things I've seen getting a pass. But this, I think, takes the cake.

Sure, you're free to celebrate and be happy or whatever, but I don't think what's supposed to be a family friendly messgae board about funny woohoo mascot characters beating each other up is the right place for that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I did say it matters not if you were not like her. You seemed to have missed that.
No offense dude but you don't understand from some of our perspective.

Its sad but there's always the political side. A few of us are Scottish or Irish but will never feel connected to the Monarchy. Events have been done deep.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
SHES DEAD is trending in the U.S. and the Royal Family's tweet hit 1M likes on Twitter

Jeez dude

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No offense dude but you don't understand from some of our perspective.

Its sad but there's always the political side. A few of us are Scottish or Irish but will never feel connected to the Monarchy.
Oh I do. I wasn’t even trying to defend her or her actions. Never was. I was just saying it is rude to joke about someone’s death.

Not that I saw you doing that in particular, but…

I do understand there were gripes, if that is even the right word.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Today is no laughing matter.

It has been 6 years since the last time we saw a new Phoenix Wright game

FazDude

Smash Master
I won't pretend that the Queen or the UK government as a whole is very good. Let me preface this message by saying that. The UK's done some very bad things over the years, and the Queen's death doesn't erase that. That said, I do think there is a time and place to discuss these kinds of issues, and I don't think not even an hour post-death is the time.

I do think the best thing to do would to make a thread about the Queen's passing in the Serious Discussions section of the forums and redirect conversation about it to there as opposed to the Social Thread.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I won't pretend that the Queen or the UK government as a whole is very good. Let me preface this message by saying that. The UK's done some very bad things over the years, and the Queen's death doesn't erase that. That said, I do think there is a time and place to discuss these kinds of issues, and I don't think not even an hour post-death is the time.

I do think the best thing to do would to make a thread about the Queen's passing in the Serious Discussions section of the forums and redirect conversation about it to there as opposed to the Social Thread.

Right on top of you, Faz.

Top Bottom