• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Holy **** this alone makes me highly consider getting the game when I get home from work, shield surfing was one of those things that had the potential to be super fun but was set back significantly by having it use up durability cause if it wasn't for that I'd have done it to go downhill constantly without having to conserve stamina when running every 2 seconds

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Holy **** this alone makes me highly consider getting the game when I get home from work, shield surfing was one of those things that had the potential to be super fun but was set back significantly by having it use up durability cause if it wasn't for that I'd have done it to go downhill constantly without having to conserve stamina when running every 2 seconds
Just tried it out and this is ****ing awesome

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So we good with Tears of the Kingdom memes using cutscene images?

No?

Well, I'll double spoiler tag it just in case.

When mom says you're going to McDonalds after school

1683967096297.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I tried it out, and unfortunetly it still conserves shield durability. Still makes getting around a lot more convinient, except I'm struggling to find shields in the tutorial area.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
tbh it might helps that I haven't played that many Zelda games but BotW is easily my favorite. I'm probably biased cause I was glued to the game for hours but I really enjoyed the world, it was a ton of fun to explore and learn more about

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
James Gunn once again speaks the truth regarding "superhero fatigue".

"Then you have the fact that Gunn with GotG created something special that [some people feel] some other MCU (or Superhero) films have tried to replicate - and failed."

"I really like Superman, Richard Donner, Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan, and the first Iron Man, but the superhero movie that impressed me the most is one that doesn't take itself too seriously: Guardians of the Galaxy. When his screening was over, I left with the feeling of having seen something new in cinema, without any cynicism or fear of being dark, when necessary,"

Now, whispers of “superhero fatigue” have grown louder than ever in the wake of the dual disappointments of Marvel’s Quantumania and DC’s Shazam! Fury of the Gods. “I think there is such a thing as superhero fatigue,” Gunn says. “I think it doesn’t have anything to do with superheroes. It has to do with the kind of stories that get to be told, and if you lose your eye on the ball, which is character. We love Superman. We love Batman. We love Iron Man. Because they’re these incredible characters that we have in our hearts. And if it becomes just a bunch of nonsense onscreen, it gets really boring. But I get fatigued by most spectacle films, by the grind of not having an emotionally grounded story. It doesn’t have anything to do with whether they’re superhero movies or not. If you don’t have a story at the base of it, just watching things bash each other, no matter how clever those bashing moments are, no matter how clever the designs and the VFX are, it just gets fatiguing, and I think that’s very, very real.”
That said, Gunn never saw Guardians as a superhero story in the first place. “It’s a space opera,” he says. “A family drama.” When he made the first movie, in fact, he was thinking of another Disney-owned property altogether. “I felt like movies were getting a little repetitive,” he says, “and you needed a science-fiction epic that was colorful and bright, what Star Wars was to me when I was 11. Instead of a Chewbacca and a C-3PO, it was a talking tree and a gun-wielding raccoon...

This man knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
James Gunn once again speaks the truth regarding "superhero fatigue".

"Then you have the fact that Gunn with GotG created something special that [some people feel] some other MCU (or Superhero) films have tried to replicate - and failed."

"I really like Superman, Richard Donner, Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan, and the first Iron Man, but the superhero movie that impressed me the most is one that doesn't take itself too seriously: Guardians of the Galaxy. When his screening was over, I left with the feeling of having seen something new in cinema, without any cynicism or fear of being dark, when necessary,"

Now, whispers of “superhero fatigue” have grown louder than ever in the wake of the dual disappointments of Marvel’s Quantumania and DC’s Shazam! Fury of the Gods. “I think there is such a thing as superhero fatigue,” Gunn says. “I think it doesn’t have anything to do with superheroes. It has to do with the kind of stories that get to be told, and if you lose your eye on the ball, which is character. We love Superman. We love Batman. We love Iron Man. Because they’re these incredible characters that we have in our hearts. And if it becomes just a bunch of nonsense onscreen, it gets really boring. But I get fatigued by most spectacle films, by the grind of not having an emotionally grounded story. It doesn’t have anything to do with whether they’re superhero movies or not. If you don’t have a story at the base of it, just watching things bash each other, no matter how clever those bashing moments are, no matter how clever the designs and the VFX are, it just gets fatiguing, and I think that’s very, very real.”
That said, Gunn never saw Guardians as a superhero story in the first place. “It’s a space opera,” he says. “A family drama.” When he made the first movie, in fact, he was thinking of another Disney-owned property altogether. “I felt like movies were getting a little repetitive,” he says, “and you needed a science-fiction epic that was colorful and bright, what Star Wars was to me when I was 11. Instead of a Chewbacca and a C-3PO, it was a talking tree and a gun-wielding raccoon...

This man knows what he's talking about.
This is the exact same thing from a different site.

Just stop with this already, you have nothing of value to add to it outside of dumb fan war nonsense

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So we good with Tears of the Kingdom memes using cutscene images?

No?

Well, I'll double spoiler tag it just in case.

When mom says you're going to McDonalds after school

View attachment 372041
"It's too late Link, I've already drawn you as the Soyjack and me as the Chad"

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yesterday instead of buying tears of the kingdom i bought a 512 GB SD card for my Switch.

It was expensive and i'm still in the process of redownloading all my stuff but it's worth it to have all my DLC, updates and downloaded titls on the same console.

I can continue to keep using this thing as a music player thanks to all th Legacy collections, Smash bros, Super robot wars and Persona 5 strikers's digital soundtrack.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I heard Sanjay and Craig Season 2 was actually pretty alright

And I've come to appreciate Fanboy and Chum Chum a little more since along with Jimmy Neutron, it helped codify entirely-CGI cartoons, laying the groundworks for the masterpiece that is Miraculous Ladybug. The existence of ML makes up for ANY number of Fanboys, Planet Sheens and Kaeloos (and even the lattermost has its moments from what I've seen)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have to wonder, if Ganon wasnt a peice of ****, just how many female Gerudo would actually have kids with him
literally every last one of them
Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi hi it's me.

I'm the one Sanjay and Craig fan
same here Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi cause Snoop Dogg, chicken, and the clown

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God. Not only are the Lego DK and Sonic sets coming out the same year, they’re coming out the same month. My wallet. It hurts.
More interesting, and I think Wario Bros. Wario Bros. will want to hear this too;

Apparently the Lego Mario line might be ending July of next year. Every set they put out was listed to be vaulted by then.

And with the success of the theme, there’s only one reason not to continue in this format…

Mini figures.

So keep in mind, next year might have actual fleshed out sets with Mario mini figures.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More interesting, and I think Wario Bros. Wario Bros. will want to hear this too;

Apparently the Lego Mario line might be ending July of next year. Every set they put out was listed to be vaulted by then.

And with the success of the theme, there’s only one reason not to continue in this format…

Mini figures.

So keep in mind, next year might have actual fleshed out sets with Mario mini figures.
I'm still gonna buy the LEGO DK sets as is. I already bought a Peach starter course and Birdo as is to facilitate them.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I need friends for some special research in Pokémon Go. If any of you has the game (you don't need to be playing it), my friend code is 4631 2627 0919. I would really appreciate if you added me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm still gonna buy the LEGO DK sets as is. I already bought a Peach starter course and Birdo as is to facilitate them.
I thought about buying the block figures but I’m waiting for now.

I love the Bowser and Question Block set though.

I want a fully modeled Bowser’s Or Peach’s castle set.

Diorama’s like the sonic set would be cool to get for each world theme as well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not really a spoiler at all but tagging just in case.

I was hoping that they'd let you bring over your old horses from BotW but I didn't think they'd actually let you do it.

I'm very happy about this.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we still know where Grim will be making his next appearance after his actor posted that tweet the other day.

It is not where I expected but now I’m intrigued…

It’s jellysrone:

Top Bottom