• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wow I did a lot better in the Splatfest today compared to yesterday.

I think a lot of it was just getting paired with better teammates, but the other half is that i just played a lot better. I'm a dualies main and aiming and dodging at the same time takes a ton of focus.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need to get back into Splatoon 3…I’ve been letting Fire Emblem, Persona, WWE 2K, Mario Party, Bayonetta 3 + Origins, and Smash get in the way

I’ll play it again after Zelda

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 371812
Seven Deadly Sins humor
Still can't believe that in the near decade I've watched movies or anime with friends every Friday, this show was the only time someone went "Nah this is foul turn it off right now".

Also wow, my BotW playthrough has been so... New. I actually got to Goron City this time and have the means to tackle all Divine Beasts, even got the Master Sword whereas I never even came across the Lost Woods last time

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Still can't believe that in the near decade I've watched movies or anime with friends every Friday, this show was the only time someone went "Nah this is foul turn it off right now".
This is the first time I watched a Shonen and actually dropped it after a few episodes

Only other time was Naruto and I still watched way more of that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
By the time the next Smash is coming out we'll be a year or two into gen 10. If the dolphin's lucky it'll be a Pokeball summon :090:

Also it's Palafin, not Palfin. As in Paladin+Fin.
I know. But I like to pick out an “ideal representative” for each region if they were ever lucky enough.

Also Noipoi functioning as Autocorrect again.
Supremely based

but my personal pick is Gholdengo, especially if you make them the 100th unique fighter in smash.
It’s either Palafin or Tinkaton for me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Super Mario Bros. Movie is now the highest grossing Illumination movie of all time!

* Insert gasping Mario & Luigi in front of money image here *

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since we were on the subject, it got me thinking. By the time the next Smash comes out Pokémon will probably be on gen 10. Between Ultimate's launch and then, that's three whole Pokémon generations that missed Smash. Not to mention the Hisui region, and any others that may come in that time.

Sure the newest gen will get a fighter. But when it comes to Pokeball summons and trophies/spirits/whatever else, they'll have a lot of catching up to do.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since we were on the subject, it got me thinking. By the time the next Smash comes out Pokémon will probably be on gen 10. Between Ultimate's launch and then, that's three whole Pokémon generations that missed Smash. Not to mention the Hisui region, and any others that may come in that time.

Sure the newest gen will get a fighter. But when it comes to Pokeball summons and trophies/spirits/whatever else, they'll have a lot of catching up to do.
I mean Brawl pretty much skipped Gen 3 so it's not like that's the first time it's been done

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Pokemon in Smash, I always found it odd that in the first three Smash games, 2/5 Pokemon stages were actually locations from the games
Poke-Floats was basically just filler, despite the meme status of it.

As for the others, I guess it just came down to lack of super recognizable environments in the main series. I would have chosen Lavender Town over Saffron City, but Saffron is basically the center of Kanto as a country.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Poke-Floats was basically just filler, despite the meme status of it.

As for the others, I guess it just came down to lack of super recognizable environments in the main series. I would have chosen Lavender Town over Saffron City, but Saffron is basically the center of Kanto as a country.
You would think Melee would have a Gold and Silver stage at the least but Sakurai probably fell asleep in the middle of his playthroigh and just slapped Pichu in the game to make up for it.

Shroob

Sup?

Next 7 star raid is Chesnaught
Huh

So then are we getting Delphox after this, or Rillaboom?

Either 2 Kalos Pokemon or 2 Grass Pokemon back to back.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Huh

So then are we getting Delphox after this, or Rillaboom?

Either 2 Kalos Pokemon or 2 Grass Pokemon back to back.
I bet it’s Rillaboom.

Yeah they’re both grass starters but they aren’t the same Tera type. We had Charizard and Cinderace back to back.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I tried playing Starlink with the N64 controller for a little bit. A little awkward but fun.

But without the X and Y buttons the game is unbeatable.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I wonder why I haven't been enjoying the Splatfests in Splatoon 3 very much

Is it really just that the map design isn't great? Is it the fact that I always go against the sweatiest team? Is it the fact that Tri-color sucks? Is it the fact that the Netcode is bogus? Is it the fact that I burnt my self out on the game really fast? Is it a skill issue?

Actually it's probably that last one.

Top Bottom