• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess this is their replacement for E3. But it’s also in September, when we’d usually be expecting a direct anyway so…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not really feeling any real interest in this Nintendo Live event right now. I don't see anything that would apply to me and there's nothing in the event description that says it'll have game announcements.

The only thing worth noting about it that this part of event's webpage...

1683571806685.png

…looks like a LOT the ARMS franchise symbol in Smash :ultminmin

1683571451456.png

If this means ARMS is still alive, I'd be so stoked.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As much as it would gut the star Fox franchise, I really wish that Microsoft would buy all the Dinosaur Planet assets from Nintendo, finish the original N64 build, and release it as originally envisioned.
Meh, Star Fox is already on life support. It won't matter either way :090:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You know...I found a clip of a kid's show on Twitter that I'm having nightmares about and I wanna show it to y'all...but it tells SUCH a dark and "Dude Not Funny!" joke that I actually don't think I should share it

When your kid's show is telling such disturbing jokes that I feel uncomfortable sharing clips of it...YOUR KID'S SHOW HAS FAILED

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Meh, Star Fox is already on life support. It won't matter either way :090:
Yeah. Star fox no longer being able to use those characters would really only impact their ability to use Krystal in the future (the only dinosaur planet character with a shot at appearing again) and it would affectively make it impossible for them to re-release Adventure, Assault, and Command. But that’s not missing much imo.

I’d rather cut the ties between the brands and let them thrive (as much as they can) rather than them try to keep them working together. And hey they’re already ignoring it if Zero is anything to go by.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally gotten around to composing a tier list ranking of the voice actors who have provided English voices for Mario & Luigi (besides Charles Martinet). I judge basically on how well they brought the characters to life without comparing them to Charles Martinet.

Here's Mario (listed most favorite to least)
  • Lou Albano (The SMB Super Show!)
  • Bob Hoskins (Live-action movie)
  • Chris Pratt (The Super Mario Bros. Movie)
  • Peter Cullen (Saturday Supercade)
  • Walker Boone (SMB3 & SMW cartoons)
  • Marc Graue (Hotel Mario)
And here's Luigi
  • Danny Wells (The SMB Super Show!)
  • Charlie Day (The Super Mario Bros. Movie)
  • John Leguizamo (Live-action movie)
  • Tony Rosato (SMB3 & SMW cartoons)
  • Marc Graue (Hotel Mario)
You can probably tell that I have a soft spot for The SMB Super Show! actors and a grudge against the SMB3/SMW cartoons and Hotel Mario actors.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, Star Fox is in a rut right now but you can't really compare it to F-Zero. Since the last F-Zero game made back in 2004, Star Fox got 4 new games, a remake of 64, the infamous Star Fox 2 getting un-cancelled, and a crossover with another space shooter game.

All F-Zero got during all this was a lame Nintendo Land minigame and a couple Mario Kart 8 tracks.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and a grudge against the SMB3/SMW cartoons and Hotel Mario actors.
Personally I just think it's funny how Marc Graue actually has a career post-Hotel Mario, like he's not some Z-list actor they picked from local talent then faded into obscurity outside of YouTube Poops involving lotsa spaghetti.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Speaking of Classic Editions, what games could have been in a golden NES mini for western territories?
(since the original Golden Famicom was themed after the Weekly Shonen JUMP magazine after it's 50th Anniversary, my bet would be Licensed Games based on American Saturday Morning Cartoons from the 1980s and 1990s with the same Third-Party companies liek Capcom, Tecmo, Konami and Sunsoft)
The problem is the licensing fees and the roster.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speakign of Classic Editions, what games could have been in a golden NES mini for western territories?
(since the original Golden Famicom was themed after the Weekly Shonen JUMP magazine after it's 50th Anniversary, my bet would be Licensed Games based on American Saturday Morning Cartoons from the 1980s and 1990s with the same Third-Party companies liek Capcom, Tecmo, Konami and Sunsoft)
A lot of the Capcom Disney Afternoon Games and Konami TMNT games probably

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Working on an ongoing project on making changes to characters Smash Bros movesets that I want to make. I'm almost done with the cast of the original Smash 64 (plus Dark Samus), but I haven't done anything with Fox or Captain Falcon. I, personally, don't feel like I need to change anything with them. But do other people thing they need changes to their movesets?
I would add (Square Enix) Taito's Flintstones game and (Konami) Hudson Soft's Felix the Cat to have a more respectable number of games.
Probably. Just not aware of every good licensed NES game. Wasn't there a good NES Little Nemo game?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was looking at the John Leguizamo page on the Mario Wiki and saw an interesting note: we already know he's against the new Mario movie because he believes it lacks racial diversity but he later said he's open to playing a role in a potential sequel if they make it more racially diverse.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was looking at the John Leguizamo page on the Mario Wiki and saw an interesting note: we already know he's against the new Mario movie because he believes it lacks racial diversity but he later said he's open to playing a role in a potential sequel if they make it more racially diverse.
Just make Daisy tan again and say she’s Latina.

Top Bottom