• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Simpsons episode where the Homer, Bart and Lisa go to E4 and see the Zii Zu get unveiled has aged interestingly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Simpsons episode where the Homer, Bart and Lisa go to E4 and see the Zii Zu get unveiled has aged interestingly.
Yeah, except I think E4 is dying in the Simpsons universe, just like E3 in the real life universe. :troll:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
that’s awesome
Good. May he rot in the fiery pits of hell and experience the most agonizing pain as his flesh turns into a crisp as the ghosts of the klan's victims scream into his ear, "do you like how that feels, jackass?"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Banjo movie's decision to forego regular talking in place of using the game's grunts was baffling.

Even more so was the post credits scene where Wizpig meets Gruntilda to talk about Diddy Kong and putting a team together.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Good. May he rot in the fiery pits of hell and experience the most agonizing pain as his flesh turns into a crisp as the ghosts of the klan's victims scream into his ear, "do you like how that feels, jackass?"
The over-the-topness of your post, though justified, reminded me of this

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Banjo movie's decision to forego regular talking in place of using the game's grunts was baffling.

Even more so was the post credits scene where Wizpig meets Gruntilda to talk about Diddy Kong and putting a team together.
Okay but getting big name Hollywood actors to just make the funny noises would be hilarious.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can agree to this. I don't hate RPGs. I just also hate the internet's use of demeaning baby talk to talk about things they enjoy, for some reason. I don't get how you can affectionately insult something.
I dunno it’s like how one would call a cute little puppy an idiot. You don’t really think it’s stupid, but it’s so darn cute you can’t help but insult it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The over-the-topness of your post, though justified, reminded me of this
God I wish I had that guy's writing prowess

Also I stand by everything I said. Dude probably had hundreds of Black people and Jews killed and was very likely a contributor to the US's rise in antisemitism

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love how we're blaming Marvel for everything now but let's not forget that DC and Sony are just as responsible for this superhero fatigue as Marvel is with DC's inconsistent output and Sony's near universally awful output (Spider-Verse notwithstanding)

Marvel may have started this trend but the other companies don't get to go scot-free
No I blame the MCU. Because of their formula they kept repeating, the DCEU and Sony films proceeded to copy said formula which following other films not related began to try copying its success. I always thought the problem wasn't superheroes in general but the MCU itself because since the Guardians films, they've been making their movies all feel the same. They thought because Guardians was a success, this same kind of humor would work for their films ongoing. Notice prior to Guardians there previous MCU films weren't as humorous, had a more balance to it?

One of the reasons I feel the MCU ruined cinema as we once knew it. Even the MonsterVerse since KotM attempting that stupid formula. Everything apparently had to be like the MCU!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh no

Anyways what video games are y'all looking forward to?
You’re heading to the rip bozo cookout…also obviously TOTK and Spider-Man 2
Maybe in money but the quality is where it was.
both matters most, and with the exceptions of the smaller characters (and Ant-Man), their box office numbers have been fine
Good, the world could use less people like that guy.
you’re both coming to the cookout
I love how we're blaming Marvel for everything now but let's not forget that DC and Sony are just as responsible for this superhero fatigue as Marvel is with DC's inconsistent output and Sony's near universally awful output (Spider-Verse notwithstanding)

Marvel may have started this trend but the other companies don't get to go scot-free
Sony tends to get counted underneath Marvel to make things easier
too nice of a punishment for him somehow

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile The Boys, Amazon's Invincible, Sony's Spider-Verse. Those are being their own things.

It's the MCU that has been the problem. Not superheroes as a whole.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Mario movie is making bank because it's Super Mario, not because of some great act of defiance against the MCU.

A Crash Bandicoot or Mass Effect movie wouldn't be doing numbers like this, any Marvel movie would probably crush them. (Not to **** on those franchises of course)
Idk a Mass Effect movie would've been huge in lime 2013

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No I blame the MCU. Because of their formula they kept repeating, the DCEU and Sony films proceeded to copy said formula which following other films not related began to try copying its success. I always thought the problem wasn't superheroes in general but the MCU itself because since the Guardians films, they've been making their movies all feel the same. They thought because Guardians was a success, this same kind of humor would work for their films ongoing. Notice prior to Guardians there previous MCU films weren't as humorous, had a more balance to it?

One of the reasons I feel the MCU ruined cinema as we once knew it. Even the MonsterVerse since KotM attempting that stupid formula. Everything apparently had to be like the MCU!
Nah I'm sorry this ain't it

Up until recently Marvel's output was pretty damn good. I even enjoyed Spider-Man NWH and Black Panther 2 which were pretty recent

DC and Sony tried to copy that formula because it worked. They failed because of mismanagement and a general lack of vision, which is not something I can attribute to the MCU pre-Endgame. Marvel poisoned cinema in their own way, sure, but that wouldn't have been possible without DC films and Sony's venomverse allowing that poison to consume the entire film industry.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Superhero fatigue is finally kicking in"

Has been said every year since The Avengers came out.

So has "It is kicking in for real this time"

I swear this conversation happens every week at this point.
1682132424757.png

“This is the 7th movie in a role where you said superhero fatigue would kill the superhero genre Sheen”

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Meanwhile The Boys, Amazon's Invincible, Sony's Spider-Verse. Those are being their own things.

All different mediums. Spider-Verse is an animated film, Invincible is an animated TV show, and The Boys is a TV show.

Also I haven't watched The Boys but i know it's an explixit critique of modern superhero culture which proves that superheroes as a whole are, in fact, the problem, not just Marvel.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If Scrat was the mascot for Blue Sky and not from 20th Century Fox as a whole, so that means the Simpson family weren't their company mascots as well?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am deadass struggling trying to figure out a 6th member of my Platinum team. Like, I'n trying not to ise any of my Brilliant Diamond team (Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Ambasnow, Houndoom, Toxicroak), and I'm not trying to cause overlaps in typings of my cirrent team (Grotle, Meditite, Zubat, Pachurisu, Biberal) but I am legit blanking

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I am deadass struggling trying to figure out a 6th member of my Platinum team. Like, I'n trying not to ise any of my Brilliant Diamond team (Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Ambasnow, Houndoom, Toxicroak), and I'm not trying to cause overlaps in typings of my cirrent team (Grotle, Meditite, Zubat, Pachurisu, Biberal) but I am legit blanking
That's what you get when you don't pick Chimchar (peak starter)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Mario movie is making bank because it's Super Mario, not because of some great act of defiance against the MCU.

A Crash Bandicoot or Mass Effect movie wouldn't be doing numbers like this, any Marvel movie would probably crush them. (Not to **** on those franchises of course)
I don't care if it actually makes it's money back. I just hope the Mario movie doing numbers tricks some gullible CEO into greenlighting the film.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Spider-Verse proceeds to connect itself to the MCU, as did all the other Spidey movies thanks to No Way Home

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Use trash Wormadam like a true competitive player

Top Bottom