• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mickey in South Park represents what Disney truly really is behind their doors. Lol.

So accurate.

Far from the company that loves to spread "love and joy" to billions across the world especially children.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So illumination wanted Toadsworth and I guess Nintendo said get rid of him lol:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dang so Toadette and Toadsworth got cut out? Quite a shame.

Also guess the way Mario was gonna originally meet Peach was the warp pipe taking him to the room she was in at her castle.

Reactions: Z25

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've been thinking about how a Boshi game will play out. If the Wario games reflect the personality of Wario which is to say the opposite of Mario's, then naturally it'd be the same for Boshi and Yoshi. A lot of the Yoshi games reflects their contentment and easy-going lifestyle, there aren't any real power-ups as they use the tools they were born with, and transformations are more side distractions rather than mechanics Yoshis can exploit. Boshi would literally be the opposite of that, his games would involve gaining permanent power-ups that increase his stats and new moves and he'll have many instances of transformations that would be used in boss battles and such (maybe even use Super Dragon or even a powered-up version of that). If Wario's goals were his pursuit of material possessions and wealth, then Boshi's would revolve around his pursuit of competition and power, not too dissimilar to what he was doing in RPG. There could even be multiple endings determined by how many or what power-ups you get. It could go from being the designated Yoshi Island *****boy to actual Yoshi Godzilla :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one who hopes for the Illumination Mario-Verse that we get a movie that's both a Mario and DK film where both titular characters along with characters from both sides (Luigi, Peach, Diddy, Dixie, etc.) have to work together to stop their nemesis' Bowser and King K. Rool who along with their armies joined forces?

Now that would be a sequel I'd love to see.

Of course, after we get the Seth Rogen DK spin-off that hopefully introduces King K. Rool as its villain.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who hopes for the Illumination Mario-Verse that we get a movie that's both a Mario and DK film where both titular characters along with characters from both sides (Luigi, Peach, Diddy, Dixie, etc.) have to work together to stop their nemesis' Bowser and King K. Rool who along with their armies joined forces?

Now that would be a sequel I'd love to see.

Of course, after we get the Seth Rogen DK spin-off that hopefully introduces King K. Rool as its villain.
Only on the condition that Wario is playing both sides.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona hot springs moments are…kinda very ****ed up

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dang so Toadette and Toadsworth got cut out? Quite a shame.

Also guess the way Mario was gonna originally meet Peach was the warp pipe taking him to the room she was in at her castle.
I guess Nintendo doesn’t like Toadsworth anymore. Toadette was maybe just renworked into the female toads we see, or saved for a later movie to pair with captain toad.

I kinda like Mario getting dropped right into their situation here. Works pretty well, and would establish why everyone would be interested in bringing him along.

Luigi I guess would have also wound up at a mansion, but I don’t know. That seems to much to have going on for a sub Plot. Probably why they cut it and changed it to he gets taken by bowser.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was actually surprised that they left Toadsworth out of the movie. He's been a fairly prominent character in more than a few games, and with how his usual role is as a parental figure and advisor to Peach, it would've made perfect sense for him to show up in the same moviethat actually explains a little more of Peach's backstory.

Then again, it looks like he hasn't really had a major role in the franchise since some of the later Mario and Luigi games. Even so, considering how many other Mario and Donkey Kong characters they brought into the film, obscure or otherwise, the fact Toadsworth of all characters is absent is just...odd.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was actually surprised that they left Toadsworth out of the movie. He's been a fairly prominent character in more than a few games, and with how his usual role is as a parental figure and advisor to Peach, it would've made perfect sense for him to show up in the same moviethat actually explains a little more of Peach's backstory.

Then again, it looks like he hasn't really had a major role in the franchise since some of the later Mario and Luigi games. Even so, considering how many other Mario and Donkey Kong characters they brought into the film, obscure or otherwise, the fact Toadsworth of all characters is absent is just...odd.
He's a Toad with a unique design. Of course they weren't allowed to use him.

Shroob

Sup?

Toadsworth has been MIA for a long-ass time even in the mainline games. Toadette counts her lucky stars she's just "Female Toad, but Pink".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's a Toad with a unique design. Of course they weren't allowed to use him.

As much as I dislike how so many people blame the guy for every issue with the Mario series, valid complaints or otherwise, I think I'm just gonna go and quote Chuggaaconroy for this one:

"MIYAMOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Toadsworth has been MIA for a long-ass time even in the mainline games. Toadette counts her lucky stars she's just "Female Toad, but Pink".
So did many of the Kongs in the film. Sure as heck didn't stop them from returning, even as just cameos.

Unless it's true that Nintendo really just stopped liking the character, then I guess the whole "few to no unique character designs" rule may have been in play here, and possibly earlier in the franchise as well, but I don't think there's been any official word about that applying to anything Mario outside of the Paper Mario series. Still a dumb rule either way, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

As much as I dislike how so many people blame the guy for every issue with the Mario series, valid complaints or otherwise, I think I'm just gonna go and quote Chuggaaconroy for this one:

"MIYAMOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

So did many of the Kongs in the film. Sure as heck didn't stop them from returning, even as just cameos.

Unless it's true that Nintendo really just stopped like the character, then I guess the whole "few to no unique character designs" rule may have been in play here, and possibly earlier in the franchise as well, but I don't think there's been any official word about that applying to anything Mario outside of the Paper Mario series. Still a dumb rule either way, though.
Dude doesn't even have any official merchandise. Nowadays where basically every Mario character has a plush, Toadsworth has never gotten one.

Ever.

Not even during Mario Sunshine's era.

Top Bottom