• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The next Nintendo system needs the following to succeed: Full backwards compatibility with the Switch, enough power to please most if not all third party companies, and not name it something that would lead to confusion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just hope it's not outdated dog**** spec wise. Tablets are pretty powerful nowadays so Nintendo doesn't have much of an excuse anymore.
That's fair. I can respect that.
Switch is what, 6-7 years old now? That's old as dirt for a console in today's day and age, and it's definitely showing its age.
I know I know. I just... like I just got my hands on an Xbox Series X and it was HELL to acquire because of all the supply chain stuff. The only reason I got one was because I was working at target at the time and called my dad the moment I saw one in the display to have him come in and buy it. I don't want to go through all that again with a nintendo system which will be even MORE rare because it's NINTENDO, AND I'll be spending my OWN money this time because the series X was a belated College Graduation present. Like... can't they just push the Switch to 10 years old and give us some more time with it?

Not to mention all the backwards compatability stuff with the Switch 1 which we still don't know if Nintendo will even do with the Switch's successor.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thanks to a certain greedy asshole, you can no longer share game uploads directly from your Xbox to Twitter.

They can still be shared to Twitter via the Xbox mobile app at least.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So yetyerday's whole SF convo had me thinking...

When did that new KoF game come out? I have hear zero fanfare about that game, I have seen like zero gameplay clips, I didn't even know it was out until Schnee said something about. Like I thought it would've gotten a huge boost cause Terry in Smash which is basically an alley oop for a slam dunk in marketing, did SNK **** it up or something?
The matchmaking has been broken since it launched and everyone is huffing the copium that the crossplay patch will fix it whenever that comes out.
It was a Day One Discord Fighter.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nintendo made an oopsie with Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp- The game went through such a long delay that the My Nintendo gold coins for physical copies have expired and you can't redeem them.

I wonder if they'll fix that.
Thats ****ing hilarious to me for some reason.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can someone fill me in on how deleting mon entries can mean them being added to the expansions later on? Also, was there any case in SwSh where a mon entry was deleted but still didn't make the cut in the expansions?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I saw someone had a good idea on the Scarlet and Violet expansion: The Terapagos look alike could come to The Teal Mask to make buildup to The Indigo Disk.

Gives off a Galarian Slowpoke vibes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, Fogado, Pandreo and Amber at least made it on the top 25 so thats a win for me
View attachment 371110
still needs more Timerra…also I have never used Pandreo nor Amber

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Can someone fill me in on how deleting mon entries can mean them being added to the expansions later on? Also, was there any case in SwSh where a mon entry was deleted but still didn't make the cut in the expansions?
Deleted dex entries were done in SWSH, and from what I've heard, those with deleted entries later came back in the Expansions. Thus, if that same logic holds true, it should apply to SV as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Tl;dr

They're programmed in the game, just all the text that's supposed to fill them in was scrubbed out. There'd be no need to add these Pokedex entries in unless they planned on filling them in later, which is exactly what happened with Sword and Shield and its DLC. They added a ton of Pokedex entries before the DLC was out which were all scrubbed clean, but when the DLC came out, the returning Pokemon matched the datamined entries.

Basically, there'd be no reason to include these Dex entries unless they were going to be in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Also

In regards to the datamine

Alongside giving the missing Unova starters Dex spots, they also added one for the Oshawott line, which makes sense, considering it was the only starter at the time missing one and

Carbink

BRO YOU ARE SOO FORGETTABLE EVEN GAMEFREAK FORGOT YOU'VE BEEN PROGRAMMED IN THE GAME SINCE DAY 1

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Also

In regards to the datamine

Alongside giving the missing Unova starters Dex spots, they also added one for the Oshawott line, which makes sense, considering it was the only starter at the time missing one and

Carbink

BRO YOU ARE SOO FORGETTABLE EVEN GAMEFREAK FORGOT YOU'VE BEEN PROGRAMMED IN THE GAME SINCE DAY 1
Ironically, he was the only non-starter in the datamine.

They basically just went "Oh yeah, this guy."

Shroob

Sup?
With Carbink and Diance both being in the game since literally day 0, I always hoped that maybe they had a plan for a Tera Raid event where a bunch of Carbink tera dens would appear and then like, extremely rarely one of the Carbinks would mutate via Terrastilization energy and turn into a Diance like its Dex entries imply.

But nah, it's just here for LOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mirroverse Tigger

I seriously love the designs in this game.

While I haven't played it myself, I have played Minecraft Dungeons and I really enjoy it, so it doesn't really shock me
Tigger looks like he about to lead the most fire dungeons and dragons campaign ever created.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hot take i would greatly prefer Capcom making a new Megaman RPG series rather than a Megaman 12 or X9.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yep, this has opened the gateway to more Nintendo game-based movies and most likely other video game adaptations. Crash Bandicoot? Spyro the Dragon anyone?

We're officially entering a new era of cinema.

It's been great while it lasted but GG to superheroes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
GG? Whatever that means, I think the better words would be "Good Riddance". Just a thought.
I think the problem never had been superheroes but the MCU in general. We have the Spider-Verse films and Amazon's Invincible. Those thrive to be their own thing rather then blatantly copy the MCU's formula which many franchises have attempted (Especially the MonsterVerse since KotM).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Top Bottom