• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because the devs are making this content to attract these people, and this content is taking the place of more meaningful content. Not to mention I would have enjoyed another story mode that was actually about the characters in the lore and their adventures and where you actually play as them the way they had it in V. But even if we will eventually get more characters (though the jury is still out on the cultural diversity) we probably won't get the kind of story mode I would actually enjoy because they did this **** instead. I don't want to see how my avatar rises through the ranks and becomes the secret most important street fighter character in the equivalent of a self insert fanfic. I wanna play as the actual character and stop whoever the new bad guy is.

Like, I wanted a story mode in Nick Brawl. But i didn't want a big 3D open world map where I create my own Nicktoon and learn from the iconic characters and blah blah blah. I wanted to see the actual characters in a big story scenario. And minigames are never the answer. Nobody wants to just play minigames on their own for no reason. Just look at The Top 100. I was able to get into fighting games without all that. Purely because I liked the characters and the story and that's all I needed. If we're trying to attract people who need more than that, than we're attracting the wrong kind of fan.
Um, Snake? I don't think you realize the flaws of what you are saying, and that "meaningful content", as you say, is all but subjective? And "get the story mode I would actually enjoy"? You are not the only one playing the Street Fighter games, or any game series for that matter. Many people would play games like Street Fighter, let alone Street Fighter 6. It's not like Capcom has to make a game or its series for the tastes of one person. Besides, Avatar games can be good, as they do put "you" into the story, which I think a lot of people like. And I don't think you can speak for everyone about minigames, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If fighting game stories were up to me, Guilty Gear Strive's story mode would be about Venom running his bakery to afford his husband's repairs with lots of tender loving moments between the two. The story that we got involving Jack-O's transhumanism and Sol's story coming to a welldeserved end was nice too, but I want to make Venom and Robo Ky kiss

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not joking here when I say this, but even if your opinion did not change either way on Street Fighter 6, it seems your dog did die at a bad time, huh?
I calmed down a bit and like.... I know i'm not angry at the game. I'm not happy with the game but like... if that hadn't happened I'd probably not be freaking out right now. I mean, I haven't liked the game for months but I haven't freaked out about it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I'm gonna drop this argument, we're going in circles.

Speaking of SF, I tried to play the Genesis version of SF2.

It sucks
Man, I played that version as a kid. Now I know why I had a hard time with it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still can't believe she actually got the role and dead-ass didn't tell us/let it slip for who knows how long.

She kept pestering people when the stream would be, and right when the stream was she conveniently took a nap.

And then the slide got revealed and her name was right there, and the Discord chat EXPLODED.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. Smash: has the best selling fighting game of all time, best promoting/marketing for others, best Nintendo fighting game series (doesn’t mean much since the competition is very small…and then there’s Arms), and is very biased greatest fighting game series of all time…oh and also created a whole new genre within the fighting game genre
  2. Street Fighter: changed the fighting game landscape, made EVO cool, and the biggest fighting game series in media (aka everything other than just the games)
  3. Mortal Kombat: best selling fighting game franchise for now, hella cheesy and hella awesome fun murdering, and most importantly Johnny Cage
  4. Tekken: raised the standards for normal fighting games, everyone speaking languages different from one another while also somehow understanding each other normally and casually, and also an odd fetish for tossing people off of cliffs

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You can't make this **** up
Angry Birds already got that Sega down bad mode affect fully kicking in
The irony when the bird wants to smash Minecraft Steve when the Smash fanbase doesn't like Minecraft Steve
Angry Birds joining Smash next gen
Im gonna have positive thought about this
Mommy Tharja taking over 2023
I mean he also says no to children whereas the Smash community-
Smash community too dumb to even look at Pit, yet it’s still accurate
Smash or pass was a mistake
Red redeeming it with the Tharja comment

Top Bottom