• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the plus side, it being physical means I can get it second hand for hopefully much cheaper.

Nothing against the collection, I just already own the games myself and am not paying 30+ bucks for them when I spent less than $20 for the mobile remakes + Mega collection + Adventure DX which has everything there + more iirc

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey hold on, not only does Amy not habe her crap Advance 1 moveset, the fact that she's playable would mean....

This is a reality

I never thought I'd see the day

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey hold on, not only does Amy not habe her crap Advance 1 moveset, the fact that she's playable would mean....

This is a reality

I never thought I'd see the day
If they don't do this I will kill John Sega myself

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I saw the Mario Movie early (know some dudes in the gaming press, got invited), and well...

The ending was weird, a Mushroom Kingdom twerk-off was not something I expected, kinda reminded me of the end of Sausage Party. To my dismay, Wario lost (horse****) and Rosalina wasn't invited (bull****). Movie was ok otherwise 0/10.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Michael Reaves, writer behind many shows such as Batman the Animated Adventures and Real Ghostbusters has passed away.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This may be me, but it genuinelly does feel like majority of the stuff in Sonic Origins+ felt like stuff that was suppossed to be in the base game, but got cut cause Sega had to rush something out for the anniversary.

Also, this may be me being greedy, but I do feel like there should be more to that collection. The Game Gear titles are all on Adventure DX, so that novelty can be fufilled for like $5 on PC, but idk maybe they could spring games like, Sonic the Fighters, Chaotix, SegaSonic, and the Saturn Sonic games out of jail. Heck, get Pocket Adventure into modern eyes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This may be me, but it genuinelly does feel like majority of the stuff in Sonic Origins+ felt like stuff that was suppossed to be in the base game, but got cut cause Sega had to rush something out for the anniversary.

Also, this may be me being greedy, but I do feel like there should be more to that collection. The Game Gear titles are all on Adventure DX, so that novelty can be fufilled for like $5 on PC, but idk maybe they could spring games like, Sonic the Fighters, Chaotix, SegaSonic, and the Saturn Sonic games out of jail. Heck, get Pocket Adventure into modern eyes
I mean, I’m not gonna disagree. We also didn’t get Spinball or 3D Blast.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Yeah, a lot about Origins Plus does seem relatively low effort for an expanded release but the game has playable Amy in it and an art book so I'm gonna buy it anyway

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic 3D Blast is 3D ass.

It still should’ve been included though lol
I would have loved the option to play the Saturn version.

Even if it is not much better, but at least the music in that version was great.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I’m not gonna disagree. We also didn’t get Spinball or 3D Blast.
Well good those games ****ing suck.

but legit, I do find it offputting that the Mega Collection for the Gamecube offered more than what we have now. Now they might not be the definitive versions of the classic titles, but they offered nearly the entire Genesis collection of Sonic games and some more.
Yeah, a lot about Origins Plus does seem relatively low effort for an expanded release but the game has playable Amy in it and an art book so I'm gonna buy it anyway
Yeah, if the collectors edition goes for cheap online (lol), I'll get it for sure. Really, I have zero issue with what they did do, it's more so what they didn't do and $40 is a bit much too be asking when games like Prime Remastered are the same price.

But I genuinelly wanna try out Amy so lets see how long this conviction lasts

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I would have loved the option to play the Saturn version.

Even if it is not much better, but at least the music in that version was great.
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think that the Genesis soundtrack is superior to the Saturn version. Not saying the latter isn't great stuff in its own right, mind you, but the tracks go for a much more atmospheric vibe and lose a bit of that "Sonic feel" if you catch my drift.

My Sonic Drift.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think that the Genesis soundtrack is superior to the Saturn version. Not saying the latter isn't great stuff in its own right, mind you, but the tracks go for a much more atmospheric vibe and lose a bit of that "Sonic feel" if you catch my drift.

My Sonic Drift.
I understand. The Genesis version is good too.

Technically, the only thing bad about the Saturn music is its composer. I hear he is an ***.

Top Bottom